Thread: Cingular WAP GPRS Internet MMS SETTINGS

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb Cingular WAP GPRS Internet MMS SETTINGS

Setting Up GPRS Internet Access + WAP + MMS with Cingular Wireless on Sony Ericsson P800/900 ================================================== ========================================= 01) Go to Control Panel. 02) Click on the "Connections" tab. 03) Click on "Internet Accounts" and make sure you are under the "New" tab. 04) Click on "New." 05) Enter any name for your new account, for example "Cingular WAP." 06) Under "Connection Type", choose "GPRS" 07) Click on Advanced and under the "Server" tab, do the following: a) Check the box that says "Username and password required:" b) Enter the following information... Username: [email protected] (All Capital letters) Password: CINGULAR1 (All Capital letters) Address: wap.cingular (All small letters) 08) Click on the "Log In" tab and make sure that: a) The "Get IP address automatically" box is CHECKED. b) The "Get DNS address automatically" box is CHECKED. 09) Click on the "Proxy" tab and make sure that: a) The "Use Proxy Server" box is UN-CHECKED 10) Click on the "Other" tab and make sure that: a) The box "Enable PPP extenstions" is CHECKED. b) Under the "Authentication" drop-down menu, choose "Secure." 11) Click on the QoS and make sure that: a) The "Header compression" box is UN-CHECKED. b) "Precedence" is set to "Subscribed." c) "Delay" is set to "Subscribed." d) "Reliability" is set to "Class 3." e) "Peak rate" is set to "Subscribed." f) "Mean rate" is set to "Subscribed." 12) Click "Done" twice to go back to the "Internet Accounts" window. 13) Click on the "Other" tab: Set "Dialup timeout" to "Never" Set "GPRS timeout" to "Never" Set "Preferred mode" to "Automatic" 14) Then click "Done" once to go back to the "Control Panel" window. 15) Make sure you are under the "Connections" tab. 16) Click on "Messaging Accounts." 17) Click the "MMS" tab. 18) Under "Service Center Address" type "mmsc.cingular.com" (All lower case). 19) Set "WAP account" to "Cingular WAP" (which we created in the above steps). 20) Make Sure that "Automatic" is set to "On." 21) You can set "Download size" to "No restriction" if you want (optional). 22) Click on "Advanced." 23) Under the "Send" tab, make sure that: a) "Validity period" is set to "Maximum." b) "Priority" is set to "Normal." c) "Conformance" is set to "Normal." d) The "Hide number" box is UN-CHECKED. e) The "Read report" box is UN-CHECKED. f) The "Delivery report" box is UN-CHECKED. e) The "Reply with history" box is UN-CHECKED. 24) Click on the "Receive" tab and make sure that: a) The "Allow delivery notification" box is CHECKED. b) The "Allow read notification" box is CHECKED. c) The "Advertisements" box is UN-CHECKED. d) The "Information" box is UN-CHECKED. e) The "Anonymous senders" box is UN-CHECKED. 25) Click "Done" twice to go back to the "Control Panel" window. 26) Make sure you are under the "Connections" tab. 27) Click on "WAP Accounts" and make sure you are under the "Basic" tab. 28) Click "New." 29) Enter the following information: a) Account Name "Main WAP Account" b) Set "Internet account" to "Cingular WAP." c) Make sure the "Use Proxy" box is CHECKED. d) Enter the following: Address: 66.209.11.61 Port: 9201 Username: [email protected] (All upper case) Password: CINGULAR1 (All upper case) 30) Click "Done" to go back to the "WAP accounts" window. 31) Click on the "Preferred" tab. 32) Make sure that the "Use WAP account" is UN-CHECKED (optional, I prefer it). 33) Click "Done" and Congratulations you really are DONE !!!

[quoted from Michael6666]
    Col 3:17

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    T68->P800->Treo 600->P900->XDA II->iPaq 6315->MDA III->i-Mate PDA2k->o2 XDA IIs->o2 XDA II Mini->Treo 650->i-mate Jam->MPx 300->iPaq 6510->JasJar->Treo 700w->K-Jam->QTEK 9000->vx6700->HTC Herald->iPhone->iPhone 3G->iPhone 3GS->iPhone 4->Incredible->Evo 4G->Atrix->Sensation->Galaxy S2->Evo 3D->iPhone 4S->Galaxy Note->Galaxy Nexus->Galaxy S III->iPhone 5->Galaxy Note 2->iPhone 5->Nexus 4->iPhone 5S->Nexus 5->Moto X->Note 3->Galaxy S5->LG G3->Nexus 6->iPhone 6->Note 4->Galaxy S6 Edge->iPhone 6+

Device(s)
    SE P900
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

cannot get to mywireless window

Your settings worked perfectly. I spent several hours talking to Cingular tech support with no luck and had visited a store as well but they don't really understand what the settings *mean*, they just read them to you. Thank you for this.

One small detail, I can't seem to get to my wireless window homepage from the phone. The Cingular reps kept saying I needed to put http://device.home somewhere and I didn't see that in your instructions. When I try to simply browse there, the phone says:

Host not found
    The WEB server could not be found. Check the location and try again

Any ideas?

Thanks again.

/dave

Device(s)
    SE P900
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

homepage problem solved

Answered my own question.

To access Cingular's home page at http://device.home, you have to change the WAP preferred setting as follows:

Control panel->WAP Accounts
    Select the Preferred tab
    CHECK the box Use WAP Account
    Select your preferred WAP Account (Cingular)

This makes the browsers capable of accessing the mywireless window home page!

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad this information helped one individual.
    Someone linked to another forum message too so I guess what I put was already redundant.

The WAP feature from Cingular is soo outdated. Hell! The whole US' Cell program is very slow compared to our over seas neighbors, with their G3 networks.

The WAP feature that Cingular offers (I'm also a cingular customer) is for itty bitty stuff like basketball scores or the weather... yeah, you could probably search for movie tickets too.

The main thing that needed attention is how to get connected to it so we can surf the web using Opera from our phone.

I heard rumors that Cingular should be offering the P900, possibly as soon as 2 weeks from now (?)

Oh and since Cingular bought out AT&T wireless, I wonder if we are going to be supporting both GSM and GPRS systems...

T-Mobile at one time offered for US$2.99 free internet browsing... Cingular offers the same for US$70.00 (seventy!!)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by RyoS
    I'm glad this information helped one individual.

I heard rumors that Cingular should be offering the P900, possibly as soon as 2 weeks from now (?)
    Man I was THIS close to cancelling their service before I found this thread.

As we know, they still dont support the P900, much less any idea of the p910a.

May the heavens above open up and never let a drop of bird poop touch you, your family or your car.

Device(s)
    StraightTalk Nokia E71-2
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk Unlimited Everything for $45
    Feedback Score

Cingular Internet on your Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by RyoS
    T-Mobile at one time offered for US$2.99 free internet browsing... Cingular offers the same for US$70.00 (seventy!!)
    T-Mobile still beats cingular in price (T-MobileWeb unlimited is $5.99 with no ports being blocked)

But T-mobile has a maximum of EDGE speed. In a lot of cities Cingular has 1.3Mpbs DSL type HSDPA speed. (even when you don't live in the cities that cingular shows 3G in.)

But you can the "SmartPhone Connect Unlimited w/Xpress Mail" for $19.99/month or add "Unlimited Media Net" to your current plan for $14.99/month

Just setup your PDA or smartphone, or Laptop with the settings shown here:
    Cingular Internet for $19.99/Month