Thread: Some GPRS Prices for O2

Device(s)
    SE P910i
    Feedback Score

Some GPRS Prices for O2

I found it very hard finding GPRS prices so I sent an email to O2 and asked and below are ttwo replies. I thought this may be of some use to any people thinking of going to O2 or using GPRS.

Thank you for your email.

I have added the prices for GPRS below.

Please be aware that GPRS data services is chargeable as per amount of data downloaded and not per time connected. Any wap sites visited will be charged by the usual rate as shown below.

Our customers will be charged #2.35 per Megabyte [Mb]. There are approx 1024 Kb in 1 Mb, so this equates to about 0.2p per Kb.

The average full colour screen on O2 active is about 3-4Kb worth of data.

There will also be O2 data 'Bolt On's available :

Active 2 - #2 per month (inc. VAT) for a monthly bundle of 2MB of UK based GRPS WAP.

Active 5 - #4 per month (inc. VAT) for a monthly bundle of 5MB of UK based GRPS WAP.

These 'Bolt On's will be available for Offline Pre Pay and Post Pay Customers only

Should a customer use more data than allocated in either data bundle or the O2 data 'Bolt On' then an overage charge will be levied at #2.35 / MB

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.
    Second email

I can confirm that if you purchase an O2 Online sim-card after the 1st of March 2004, you will be entitled to 1MB free allowance per month as long as you top-up with a minimum of #10.00 per month. However, if you opt-in right now for the service we will provide you with free GPRS until the 1st of March 2004.

After the 1st of March 2004, you can call up member service and we can change the tariff which is currently 300 free WAP minutes to 1MB free GPRS.

I hope this resolves your query.

Thank you for contacting O2 Customer Service.
    Hope this helps a few people out.
    Phone History: Ericsson GA628 (Vodaphone) > Sagem RC 815 (Vodaphone) > Ericsson T18 (Vodaphone) > Trium Mars (Genie) > Siemens C25 (1-2-1) > Nokia 3310 (1-2-1/T-Mobile) > SE P800 (O2) > Current: SE P910i (Orange)

Device(s)
    SE P910i
    Feedback Score
    I forgot to add this. I am not sure how accurate these prices may be now.

Charges for GPRS are as follows.
    Pay as you use data, prices are PER MEGABYTE
    0-100Kb per month free
    100Kb-1Mb=£2
    1Mb-5Mb=£1.36
    5Mb-10Mb=£1.19
    10Mb-20Mb=£1.02
    20Mb+=£0.80

Device(s)
    Nokia E71
    Carrier(s)
    o2-uk
    Feedback Score
    I've been getting the runaround off o2 concerning GPRS, and here's what they've finally been telling me:

Dear Steven,

GPRS has always been charged however, due to recent promotions we have on offer has previously given free use of GPRS.

As from the 1st March 2004 GPRS will become chargeable as all promotions will finish from this date.

Regarding your free WAP minutes the settings for these can be found on the following link:

http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices...0,,131,00.html

Using this link you need to select GSM settings and not O2 Active or GPRS.

If you wish to use O2 Active which is WAP over GPRS you can do so by using the above link selecting O2 Active settings and this will come out of your free 300 minutes allowance. Please note once you have used your free allowance then GPRS will be charged #2.35 per Megabyte [Mb]. There are approx 1024 Kb in 1 Mb, so this equates to about 0.2p per Kb.

If you require any further assistance please reply to this email.

Kind regards,

Elizabeth Crank
    O2 Customer Service.