Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Wap

Device(s)
    Moto DROID!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thanks!

Sticker's instructions worked perfectly! And of course, I answered my own questions by actually poking around on Winksite for a while.

You guys rock!

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can someone answer my question about the Java and such?
    With dual scimitars in hand, The Lone Drow steps into battle...

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid, LG VX 8550
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The VX6000 only supports BREW, not Java.

Feedback Score

Additional WAP info

Opera browser is wml capable. So -- I'm creating some wml pages and testing it in Opera before I upload.

Stuff on my wml page:

A list of local movie theatres -- so I can select one and it will display the movies and times.

www.google.com/wml -- so I can search for anything

tagtag.com --- not sure why -- but its a nice wml site!

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Nextel
    Feedback Score

Re: Re: Wap

Originally posted by m5ionsvtec
    I'm sorry i just got this phone not to long ago .. and im not sure how to do this... what do you mean when you say
    "8) Now, put your phone aside for a step, we will be setting up a WAP homepage here, go to www.tagtag.com and sign up for an account, setup a page with some nice WAP pages, like wap.movietickets.com. Now that you have your tagtag page we can continue."

i did sign up and created a page, and then closed it, after that i went to my phone and connected and when i hit okay to go to homepage it says "security is not enabled. Enabling securit can take several minutes. Proceed? then i hit yes and it says "security error: key not recognized"

i have broadband and running xp i would like to run my own server, but i need to know how to get the port from my pc.. im sorry for all the question.. but thank you very much
    can someone please help me with this problem .. thank you very much
    Verizon Wireless We Never Stop Working For You(lol)

Device(s)
    Moto DROID!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Sticker's instructions say to press and hold down the 0 key when you get to the security message...did you try that? It worked for me....

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

openwave $

after doing everything sticker says, is it free to ONLY use tagtag, or is it free to use everything?

like, if i use openwave after doing all that IP and Port stuff, does it cost me money?

Device(s)
    LGVX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Did we ever figure out how to actually read the emails once we get into our inbox? I know a few people were having the same problem I was (I'm using yahoo).... if I were to use tagtag to get to my yahoo mail, would it work (& can I use tagtag for this?!)
    Thanks, Jules

Device(s)
    CDM 8950 (x2)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I too have the problem reading Yahoo email. I can compose and send email, access my Addresses, finance, etc. But trying to read an email takes me back to the login page.

Has anyone ever read their email from Yahoo????????????

Maybe it's time to start a new Forum just for the Yahoo email read problem.

PeteC

Device(s)
    lg vx4400b
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    OK. Am i missing something here? I did the mods for free wap and am able to connect to the web ie) google.com/wml. I can't do much from there. can't go to tagtag.com, when prompted to enter the site i click enter site and get this message: the resource type 'text/html' is not present in the client acceptable media types set. i get this message with 99% of the sites i try to go to and the other sites are worthless. any ideas? i have a lg vx4400b on verizon, thanks gene

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Nextel
    Feedback Score

How to add page?

all i want is to check my hotmail email with this. i finally fix my earlier problem, but now when i type in my site(i made 2. one with tagtag.com and one with winksite.com) it just says "Unsupported request " you guys said how to program the phone, but nothin about how to set up the site.. i have no idea how to add hotmail, aol, or yahoo to the site.... any ideas?

Device(s)
    CDM 8950 (x2)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't know how far you got at tagtag.

Mine works because I created a wapsite with some links such as:

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/

http://wireless.mapquest.com/wml

http://wap.wsj.com

http://www.airsoftwireless.com/airim/login.wml

Of course, see my other posts about problems with reading the Yahoo mail. Also, AIM doesn't seem to work well. I can see my buddies on line. He can message me and I get it. If I message him, I see it but he doesn't.

WTF?

Is WAP here to stay or is it a BETAMAX or OS2 or...or...or...????

PeteC

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Nextel
    Feedback Score
    anyone know the link for hotmail and aol ?

Device(s)
    LG VX4400B
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! This stuff is great!

Only issue I'm having is with Yahoo. I can log in, see email, see my buddies, etc.

BUT I cannot see my bookmarks, no any of the other menus that are supposed to be on Yahoo (movies, yellowpages, etc.)

Thanks for the info on setting this up. Now if I can only get Yahoo to work with bookmarks and movies ...

Device(s)
    CDM 8950 (x2)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    On Yahoo email, can you actually open an email in your inbox and read it? Most posters here can't open the email in the inbox. If you can, we need to compare notes and track down the problem.

PeteC

Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast