Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to make P900 browse thru your PC's Internet Connection?

Feedback Score

How to make P900 browse thru your PC's Internet Connection?

I have a PC connected via ADSL to the Internet and it is also equipped with a TDK Bluetooth adapter.

When I am at home, I don't intend to use GPRS to surf the Internet from my P900.

Can anyone give step by step instructions as to how I can set up my P900 such that it connects to my PC via Bluetooth and then uses my PC's Internet connection to surf the net?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Device(s)
    acer liquid
    Carrier(s)
    cingular
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

i have been able to do this a couple times, keep in mind that while your dsl line is 100 mbps your phone will only process at 115 kbps. if you want to try it, it's pretty easy, firstly you have to have Opera installed, assuming you have that bit done, all you need to do is open your TDK bluetooth available devices, you then need to establish a serial port connection to your phone. once you get the serial port connection going, simply open Opera, and surf away. i will say it's a lot faster then gprs, but no where near the speed of dsl. good luck.
    "I'm trying to contain an outbreak here, and you're driving the monkey to the airport" -Hank Hill

Device(s)
    P990
    Carrier(s)
    MTC Touch, Alfa, Fido, CytaGSM
    Feedback Score
    http://my-symbian.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=931

well if someone said it better than u, then kight as well quote them

(and for all those who cant see this for some reason)

"How to connect to your internet DSL connection through Bluetooth on your P800:

1) Download this Java browser and install it on your P800 http://www.reqwireless.com/webviewer.html

2) Set up your bluetooth connection on your PC and P800. Make sure that the bluetooth icon on your P800 shows that you're connected.

3) Open the reqwireless WebViewer while you're connected to bluetooth and VOILA, off you go surfing the web for free. Normally when you use the WebViewer you should see a GPRS icon at the bottom of your phone, but now you don't, which means you're surfing the web through bluetooth and your PC's internet connection!

Try this little trick out folks, and let me know if it works for you too!

I tried this trick with the built in browser in the P800 as well, but it connected me to GPRS no matter what. You need the browser to accept a dummy-access point to make this work(which the Java browser does), but my P800 browser recognises my operators GPRS settings every time it seems. But I'll keep trying and let you all know if I figure a way around this! "

by rave1 from my-symbian forums

Device(s)
    i-Mate PDA2K
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Re: How to make P900 browse thru your PC's Internet Connection?

Originally posted by Tend
    I have a PC connected via ADSL to the Internet and it is also equipped with a TDK Bluetooth adapter.

When I am at home, I don't intend to use GPRS to surf the Internet from my P900.

Can anyone give step by step instructions as to how I can set up my P900 such that it connects to my PC via Bluetooth and then uses my PC's Internet connection to surf the net?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    Download the Opera Web Browser, plug your p900 into the syncstation while your online, open Opera and surf. I was very surprised when I figured this out.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Stickied!

I realized that I was connecting my 900 to my pc, but never tried using opera to surf. Once I opened Opera, it was breezin thru pages.

The only tricky part was to connecting my pc to the bluetooth port. It always says that the connection fails, but it connects anyway.

Device(s)
    p900
    Carrier(s)
    My Wife
    Feedback Score
    Why not just surf the internet on your PC?

Feedback Score
    Surfing is just one of the many uses. I may also sync my email and run other tasks at home, much of which will need a network connection.

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    If you have the opera browser and your phone is 'linked' to your PC, Opera will use you PC internet connection by default. Must admit have not tried with BT though. But for cable its sweet.

Device(s)
    P800
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    is it possible to do if yyou have a wireless network but no bluethooth connector??

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    Orange
    Feedback Score
    I had my P900 connected to the PC through the USB cable and it just used the PC's broadband connection to surf the net without me touching any settings.

Feedback Score
    I just saw this link somewhere on the net. It explains very clearly what you need to do for a Bluetooth Internet Connection.

http://home.wanadoo.nl/jeroen_brinke...20internet.htm

Feedback Score

With Bluetooth+ADSL Modem

All these suggestions have the PC as the initiator and the P900 as the acceptor.

I have a Bluetooth ADSL modem which does not require the PC (nor can the PC actively make the BT connection to the P900). Therefore I need something which makes this connection to the modem. I looked at the internet connection type options but they only provide GPRS & GSM, no BT. Suggestions?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS - 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    City Fido
    Feedback Score
    can i do that with Mac OSX?

Device(s)
    SideKick 3
    Carrier(s)
    TMobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Starbucks
    Why not just surf the internet on your PC?
    I was wondering the same thing

Device(s)
    Motorola Mpx200
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by the blue
    can i do that with Mac OSX?
    I ´ve the same question, I wanna use my ibook ´s internet on P900

thanks a lot !!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast