Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to make P900 browse thru your PC's Internet Connection?

Feedback Score
    Originally posted by iMAT
    I ´ve the same question, I wanna use my ibook ´s internet on P900

thanks a lot !!

There is a thread on this topic,

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hreadid=280767

Hopefully this helps.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hm.. I just tried using my P800 to go online through the PC's connection.. just plug it into the Sync station and open up browser.. nothing to config.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.1 (compatible; MSIE 5.0; Symbian OS) Opera 6.0 [en])

Test

Device(s)
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    is there any way for this process to work using the default P900 browser? i have gotten it to successfully work using Opera while connected with either bluetooth or the sync station but the default browser wont work

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Question Multiple P900s using PC's DSL?

I got a P900 to connect to the my PC's DSL thanks to this post. Really appreciate all the members throwing in support to help make better use of our p900s.

Now is it possible to connect multiple p900's to our DSL lines with a type of internet sharing method? My brother and my cousin want to surf the web at the same time when they are at my house.

Does anyone know how to get our BT USB adapters to connect simultaneously to a PC's DSL line?

or is this beyond most Bluetooth's capabilities?

~RyoS

Col 3:17

Device(s)
    SE P900 + Bluespoon
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers ATT&T
    Feedback Score
    Very nice indeed. Finally got around to trying this a few minutes ago. It'll be nice to lie in bed or be on the can surfing now (without using my GPRS). Quite useful indeed.

My only question pertains to whether or not one can initiate this connection from the P900 directly or does one first have to go to the PC and open the serial connection there. It's not really a big deal, but just curious. I couldn't find a way for the P900 to initiate the connection via BT to my laptop for this.
    Last edited by C20LET; 02-19-2004 at 02:52 PM.

Device(s)
    P900
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I don't think its possible to initiate the BT connection from our phone to our computer. The P900s does not support a BT Serial port connection by default. So the computer has to initiate it. I could be wrong however, if somoene would be kind enought to double check.

Opera however, does automatically default to the USB desktop cable connection if you are doing Internet browsing. Maybe Opera will add an additional feature to select BT connection via PC in its next realease.

hehehehe I must agree, its quite an addition to be surfing on Web while in bed, or in the john.

Device(s)
    Motorola A835, SE T610 (R6B021 Hong Kong), P800 HK R2F, Innostream 90, Sony Ericsson GC82 EDGE PC Ca
    Carrier(s)
    Fido,
    Feedback Score
    ××××.........when I tried using my BT to connect, my browser (Opera) automatically go to my GPRS settings, and when i delete everything, it just say "it's not possible to connect, configure internet in control panal".

how do i get around this?

Cell Phone provider: Fido, Rogers, 3 Hong Kong 3G
    Internet Provider: Telus, Shaw, Fido (GPRS + iFido), NEW: Rogers EDGE via Fido Plan

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Lightbulb

@RYOS

Re: possible to share... Yep, I believe it is. I have not tried this, yet so maybe someone who has can confirm, but I think what you are looking at is a network, instead of just a connection. I don't remember what OS you are running on your PC, but Win XP has built in connection sharing. If you do a search for that on the net, you should get losts of help on configuring it. Basically, you are allowing an external terminal to connect through a serial port and share the connection. Of course, only one of you can connect a phone at a time...

The other possibility is a bluetooth access point. This is a different piece of hardware, similar to your standard router, that allows multiple bluetooth capable devices to connect. I guess this is a wireless LAN on bluetooth.

MM

Device(s)
    SE P900, Samsung T509
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

BT Access Point

I have a BT Access oint. Is it possible to connect to this and surf without the involvement of a PC?

Carrier(s)
    Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score

Thumbs down

@Magellan - Access Point without PC

I'm not any networking guru, but I believe an access point, like a router, requires a PC to operate. This is in contrast to a component like a bridge, which has everything built in.

I assume what you are trying to do is connect a broadband modem to the cell via bluetooth for surfing, but without any need for the PC. I am not aware of any modem that has the built in processing power to peform this task. Your modem requires an external processor to operate. It is quite possible that a smartphone could act as the PC, but I have not seen any Symbian OS software that would do this. I hate to say it, but I suspect that the Pocket PC's would have a better shot at this in the short term with Microsoft.

MM

Device(s)
    Nokia 8250
    Feedback Score
    Hi all,
    I'm still yet to get my P900 and neither does my PC have bluetooth.
    My question is this - I've heard about things called BT dongles and BT modules. I've been told that a P900 won't be able to access the internet via a BT dongle because the dongle isn't able to assign an IP address to the P900. Only a BT module can do this therefore I should go and buy a BT module iso a BT dongle. Apparently dongles are only good for data transfer.

Does this make sense?

Anyway as I've got neither dongle nor module I can't try it out and before I spend anything I'd like to check to see if my dongle will do the job. I'd appreciate any feedback you can give me.

PS Why on earth is a "dongle" called a dongle? couldn't they think of a 'proper' name for it!??

Device(s)
    Nokia 8250
    Feedback Score
    Problem sorted - mostly

It seems that nearly all current dongles support the thing I want. It's normally listed as DUN (dial-up networking) or similar and it's among a long list of other undecipherables. This is just in case anyone is out there thinking the same thing that I was thinking.

Still no idea on that silly name though!

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    Hi

I've just got my P900 and I have been trying to get this to work. I've been following the instructions but it doesn't seem to be happening. I go through the motions of trying to open a bluetooth serial port connection and get a message on the phone saying that the pc wants to make a connection, which i accept on the phone but whenever I launch the Opera browser it seems to connect to the GPRS network. Either with the syncstation or when I have established bluetooth connection. I am using opera 6.3, if that makes any difference. Any thoughts on why its not working.

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson P900
    Carrier(s)
    Vodafone
    Feedback Score
    I thought I would just pop back here to let you all know since you took such an interest that I managed to sort the problem myself!

I have to say having messed around with this phone for a week now, it is absolutely fxxking awesome. It is absolutely the ideal business and multimedia tool. I really can't understand why anyone would buy anything else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast