Thread: Nextel to Verizon PORTING HELL - HELP

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Nextel to Verizon PORTING HELL - HELP

first off, hi im domenick, i've been reading this board for about 4 months and i figured id christen my first post now.

went to vzw on monday all happy and everything, bought a vx6000, gave them my old number to port, ok great , everything is fine. i pay, get a receipt. look at the receipt, WAIT its not my phone number on it, i ask the retard working there why it isnt , she goes "i just made a big boo boo". she puts someone elses number on my account and mine on someone elses. she calles up cust. serv. cancels the order, sends in all kinds of phone number requests etc. i get a ghost number at first then a day later my phone is programmed with my number

it is now sunday. i have heard litererally 12 promised port completion times from verizon, been on the phone with them all week. all week i was recieving calls on the nextel and making them on the vzw. starting 3 pm yesterday, anyone calling into my phone who wasnt a vzw user got a busy signal, the vzw phones got through. starting 12 am this morning, NO ONE can get through to my number, i can only make calls out. i call up my phone number and it says "the nextel subscriber's phone you are trying to reach is not in service".

this is out of control, i need to get my calls. the reason i got vzw was so that i can have fewer dropped calls so this way people can get in touch with me better and how ironic is it that NOBODY can contact me, or even leave a message.

I am pissed, I want to sue someone, what can i do to:

1. get my phone working
    2. get compensation out of someone.

HELP!!!

Domenick

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Domenick,

looks like Nextel has released your number to Verizon (thank god) so call Verizon CS and have them program your phone with the new ported number. I am still waiting for nextel release my damn number and have been waiting since last monday.

Let us know what happened after you call Verizon customer service.

Good Luck
    Devilish

Use the provider with the best coverage for you and your area not the provider with the best handset in your pocket.

Device(s)
    vx8100 (back again!)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (previously Sprint & Nextel)
    Feedback Score
    I'm not too sure if this is your issue or not, but if you had NumberGuard on your Nextel account I bet that would hold things up. I put NumberGuard on my Nextel account a few weeks ago when I wasn't sure what WNP was (# Guard was a free service from Nextel) I"m still not sure what it exactly is but would guess that could hold up your porting. G'luck!

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i was just on the phone with customer service for 30 min,

they said that the porting process is supposedly complete and
    they made me go and try to reprogram my min with my phone number cause some weird number, after trying to make an incoming call they got a busy signal and basically they said it is complete and i have to wait for my text message.

what a headache.. i went back into my phone and did *228 again to leave my phone at verizon's settings so maybe i will get a text message some time today.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well its sunday night and Nextel is still holding on to my number. I will call them up in the AM and will give them til 12 PM for them to release the number or I will be placing a complain with FCC. Those A*[email protected]#$S.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I signed up to port from Nextel to Tmobile on Friday... still no joy.

Device(s)
    LG VX6000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    well i was able to recieve calls as of about 5 last night, but for some reason i am not getting my text/pic messages or voicemail alerts.. i also got an automated call from verizon this morning saying they are sorry , they are still working on my port and i will recieve a service credit for my troubles.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    my port finally completed yesterday.