Thread: Bell Mobility Settings for accessing WAP server(w/ V60c)?

dgorecki Guest

Bell Mobility Settings for accessing WAP server(w/ V60c)?

FYI, got a V60c working on 1.9 Ghz on Bell Mobility without updating the PRL. Just had to make sure I had previously accessed the network with a normal Bell phone, switched the ESN and voila!

The next obstacle is the Mobile Browser. I'm getting a "Network Unavailable" message when trying to start the browser.

I think Rge2 on another post had mentioned that he changed some settings to get his phone to point to his own WAP server. I can't seem to find that setting.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    David G

rge2 Guest

Re: Bell Mobility Settings for accessing WAP server(w/ V60c)?

Menu 0 S E T U P *
    Enter 6 digit Security Code
    Go to browser setup
    Setup WAP Gateway IP address 208.181.198.181
    Setup WAP Gateway Port 9201

As long as your carrier allows you to connect to outside internet networks, this will work fine.

As for not requiring update of PRL, wherever you got the phone, they had your carriers channels set on their PRL, that's why it works. It's recommended that you get your provider to flash to their PRL, to make sure their channels are at the top of the list (faster serach to proper channels, better reception due to usage of all their channels, etc).

rge2

dgorecki Guest

Re: Bell Mobility Settings for accessing WAP server(w/ V60c)?

Thanks rge2.

However, I can't seem to get to that menu by hitting MENU 0 SETUP *. Once I hit the Menu button, I can't seem to access anything but what's visible.

As for the PRL, I've been trying to get it updated, but to no avail. Bell Mobility does not update PRLs themselves, so they leave it up to the dealers and Motorola. Neither have the equipment to do this update.

In speaking with Motorola US, they don't do it for Canadian customers saying it's grey market.

It's supposed to be released in Canada by September, so I'll get it updated at that point.

David G