Thread: Ec/Io

Device(s)
    Samsung A460
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Question Ec/Io

I am new at this forum. I was looking for some information on the net about Ec/Io and ran into this forum. Learned quite a few things about Ec/Io (on CDMA phones) from messages specially from AndrewSFM and EddiePCS.

Does anyone know if I will be able to see Ec/Io values in the debug screen of any Sprint PCS or other CDMA phones (old or new model)?

Also, what is a good place to buy used Qualcomm Pilot Scanner (Retriever or RetrieverII)?
    Appreciate any help!
    Thanks.

Device(s)
    V65E4710, A3LSMG925W8, PDNRM-975, IHDT56PG3, QMNRM-11, L6ARCV70UW, L6ARJE180LW
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS, Bell, SpeakOut, CSL, au by KDDI
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Ec/I0 and Qualcomm QCTest gear...

onair,

Regarding the Carrier-to-Interference Ratio - Ec/I0 (Eee-Ci/Eye-Not... "0" as a "zero" but many just treat it as "o" as a small "O"), you can read more on this topic in several USENET newsgroups. The pioneer, Steven C. Den Beste has lots of informative, accurate articles:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ec...4ax.com&rnum=3

Many CDMA handsets has built-in debug / field test screen which will give you the reading. At Sprint, most Samsung or even a very old Nokia 6185 can do! Provided you know a)SPC/MSL, b)the keystroke leads you to the debug / field test mode screen.

I am a big fan of Nokia, and I found the Field Test screens are very informative. For the readings, parameters and tricks, you can find them at Steve Romaine's Geckobeach site:

http://www.geckobeach.com/cellular/s...crets_6188.htm

It is not necessary go all the way to get the Qualcomm QCTest gear from a consumer standpoint. (But, we, as the enthusiasts, all love to have them! ) If you are working in the inudstry, you should know where to find a Retriever / Retriever II... call the QCTest Technical Support Hotline 1-858-651-7958.
    Last edited by HC - NO "i"; 10-21-2003 at 01:38 PM.
    --

HC - NO "i"
    I am NOT "the" HC, we are TWO different individuals!

"If we amplify everything, we hear nothing!" - Jon Stewart, Comedian

Device(s)
    Samsung A460
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score

Thanks for the great info

HC - NO "i":
    Thank you very much. You provided some very good info on Ec/Io.. Really appreciate it.
    I am not much of an enthusiast, but I am not an engineer/technician in the industry either. I am in business development. So the kind of information you provided really makes things clear without getting too technical for me.
    Thanks