Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: T-mobile Fax Mail - Receiving Faxes on Mobile Phone

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score

Smile T-mobile Fax Mail - Receiving Faxes on Mobile Phone

A few months back, after relocating to Atlanta from DC, I inquired from T-mobile about setting up fax mail on my phone. This is a feature that allows callers to send faxes to your mobile phone. The fax would be routed to your voicemail box as fax mail. You would get a notification on the phone that you have a fax mail, at which point you could determine where you want your faxes to be printed.

This feature would work perfectly for those times when you are receiving confidential documents at the office.

The first time I called T-mobile, they agreed to activate the feature on my phone, but it didn't work. It literally took me 5 months, and this is even after writiting to their top brass to complain.

Finally, I decided that I would go to the T-mobile store to see whether they could provide me with some insight. I was wrong. First they said they don't offer that service anymore, then I showed her the information from their web page which contradicts that statement. Then they decided to ring customer support, and put me on the phone to talk to them.

Well, I was just furious. So, that's when I said I would speak only with a manager in advanced tech support. The long and short of it is this:

The fax mail feature is offered to everyone with a calling plan above $34.99. Your mobile number is provisioned for voice and incoming fax. However, if you are in a market that was formerly PowerTel (i.e. GA, AL, FL, TN), you will need to have a secondary number provisioned for your SIM. That secondary number will be your new fax number. Finally, it works!

This experience taught me that T-mobile pissing in the well from which it drinks. It also suggests an overemphasis on marketing, and a neglect of training and communication: they advertise these great products and services, but their employees do not know about them, how to provide them, or how to troubleshoot them. T-mobile's customer service frequently does a spectacular job of making its customers feel underappreciated and plain stupid.

If they could only fix the bouncing time zone problem, that would be great too.

Device(s)
    SDA
    Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    You can forward fax from your phone to another number, i dont think they give you number just for fax.
    Sero500 $30:
    500 Anytime Bonus Mins
    Free pick3
    Nights 5pm
    Free Incoming MINS
    TEP $7
    25% off

Device(s)
    Nokia 6600
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Bestjudge dude,
    Everything I said in my post is factual. As I said, the (former) PowerTel market is the exception, not the rule. That is why a secondary number was issued.

In case you didn't know, SIM cards can accommodate dual numbers. T-mobile just chooses not to support that feature in the States (or anywhere else Deutche Telekom does business for that matter). Furthermore, PowerTel used to market dual-number SIMs, but this practise was discontinued after the VoiceStream merger/acquisition.

Device(s)
    Mine: Nokia 6620, 3650, 5180; Siemens S56
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the details tom. It's hard to get any info on T-Mo's fax service. I've never even seen it mentioned on the site. All my info has come from users.

Doug

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Fax to phone

i use the fax function on my phone quite often i am in the dc area i have a seperate number that they gave me if is hooked up to the laptop it goes straight to the program if is not it saves it and i can forward it later to another number it took them about 2 weeks to get it to work correctly. since then i have not had a problem with it. saves alot of time cause i am rarely in my office

Device(s)
    Nexus 5, Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Take a look at this thread over here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hlight=%2Befax

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Hmmm

sonds cool only i have no problem with my setup if i dont have the phone connected it will be saved and i can retrieve or forward it to another fax number at any time

Device(s)
    P800
    Carrier(s)
    Voicestream
    Feedback Score
    builda, what if your phone is connected? does the phone show a fax coming in when it rings?
    adios
    Stan
    toyz for big boyz

Device(s)
    HTC Tilt
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile (US)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Coke
    Take a look at this thread over here: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...hlight=%2Befax
    sound like a good idea. Why not giving your efax number to ppl who need to fax to you? unless your concern was which it might cost the person $$ to send fax to your efax number (LD cost).
    -- superfire

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    EFax works good until you hit the limit of the free account.

I don't know how many will hit the limit, but I received a lot of faxes this month and it stopped working

A blurp on their website says if they do an audit and finds out you use the free account for business and such, they'll make you pay up. I doubt they'll do that but I did use it for business

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    yes the screen shows that you have an incoming fax call and ask you if you want to answer of ignore it and it has a different ringtone so you know its a fax call

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    builda - what service/phone are you using that indicate incoming fax calls and different ringing tone? Not TMO, right?

Device(s)
    v60
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    I have t mobile it rings differently and indicates fax call on the screen

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Does T-Mobile still have incoming fax capability?

This is an ancient string, but I'm curious whether the fax capability is still offered with T-Mobile? Or, has this feature gone the way of the dodo bird and other long disappeared features? I'm going to have someone try to send me something, but would be interested if anyone knows.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Ask the Ivory Billed Woodpecker, he'll know.
    Donald Newcomb

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast