Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: All TF Balances are 0 after Rewards Visit

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    Think how many thousands of customers won't speak up and just get defrauded
    Who got defrauded? It sound like everyone has had their balances returned.

Feedback Score
    I believe the time is UTC which is four hours ahead of Eastern.

I had the same issue occur before and took several calls to have a rep restore most of my talk and data balance. Technically it shows zero text but I can still text so I have no idea what my actual text balance.

As others have said TracFone has no usage history and this is proof they can't even really tell you reliably what you have at a given moment too!

I guess I was lucky wasn't caught up in this latest shenanigans with my remaining Verizon or ATT line.

Device(s)
    Samsung S24, Samsung A51, OnePlus N30
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I guess I was lucky wasn't caught up in this latest shenanigans with my remaining Verizon or ATT line.
    If you had checked your balances during the time that the problem existed, they probably would have shown zeros like everyone else's on TF/Verizon. The balances weren't reallty wiped out, evident by the fact that everyone's phone was still working normally. Only the part of TF system that retrieved/displayed the balances was glitching.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022 Samsung A53, SE 2020, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    I believe the time is UTC which is four hours ahead of Eastern.

I had the same issue occur before and took several calls to have a rep restore most of my talk and data balance. Technically it shows zero text but I can still text so I have no idea what my actual text balance.

As others have said TracFone has no usage history and this is proof they can't even really tell you reliably what you have at a given moment too!

The showing of the UTC/GMT time on app and 611611 balance request seems to be new. Or a glitch. Or maybe I missed it before.
    My earlier screenshots show updating in my current time (EDT Eastern etc) whether it is app or 611-611 balance requests.

I think with the missing text you might be able to make them show by adding a text card. I think I did that once.

When I called into the TF corp office the rep could only see 0 buckets with the account tools which is not good so she contacted the billing department which took forever and the screenshot amounts i gave jived with what they had. She had exact amounts and gave them to me. Pretty close to my screenshots - I think they were the same. She had asked what preceded the loss of buckets and I told her I was on a forum where we discuss Tracfone issues and dozens of people are posting they have 0 balances all of a sudden and then I noticed it too. She said good to know. She gave me 10k m/t/d just as the balances were coming back up and it combined. Second rep said keep it for your troubles. Just another TF day.

Feedback Score
    Sometimes you get a bonus for putting up with TracFone insanity, it's karmic balance for all the unnecessary crap they put us through regularly.

I agree that maybe during this window I would have seen zero balances but my point was it does also randomly happen and requires someone to restore balances which even when they do may not reflect reality of what the system actually has for you!

Tldr Your TracFone Balance Is A Figment Of TracFone Imagination

Screenshot and prepare for occasional restoration battles is just good practice for those with long balances. I kind of went the different route begrudgingly accepting my wife's incessant use of TikTok as a way to actually burn through 4000 points a month and move somewhere else. When I move to USMobile it will be $25 a month in real money when the monthly flex plan which includes 10gb and unlimited slow data after that, on ATT (June) and gasp with real customer service. And you can do better pricing but at this point I am willing to pay a bit more for that, customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    The showing of the UTC/GMT time on app and 611611 balance request seems to be new. Or a glitch. Or maybe I missed it before.
    My earlier screenshots show updating in my current time (EDT Eastern etc) whether it is app or 611-611 balance requests.
    You didn’t miss it, it always showed my current time. I add texts often, it’s rare that they are added immediately. After adding I check, and it has always shown me my current time, up until this glitch.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4