Thread: Saving Balance Info Photos

Feedback Score

Saving Balance Info Photos

Those of you who screengrab balance info (each month), how long do you keep them?

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Since I don't use any cloud storage on stuff like that I only clean up if I need to.

When a phone gets retired if I don't keep it as a backup I usually hang onto it 2-3 months before fully wiping it to pass it on.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    When it comes to digital files (pictures, documents, ect) I'm a packrat. My computer, phones, USB sticks have plenty of space. I keep them for a long time, I have digital pictures and documents going back over 20 years. I'm very organized and have a good memory, so I can locate a file I need in just a few minutes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    When it comes to digital files (pictures, documents, ect) I'm a packrat. My computer, phones, USB sticks have plenty of space. I keep them for a long time, I have digital pictures and documents going back over 20 years. I'm very organized and have a good memory, so I can locate a file I need in just a few minutes.
    I'm very interested in how you organize so many files going back so many years. Is it just by year, or do you have some additional way of organizing them into folders, or some other way? Thanks!
    (I also noticed that with the exception of the first file, you don't have spaces in the filenames. Is that deliberate, and won't it make searching by filename more difficult?)
    Will happily share referral code for Red Pocket (gives you up to $25 off first month), and Tracfone referral code (gives you $35 in rewards points) - please PM me if you'd like to use my codes. You’ll also get great karma for helping out this starving student! Thank you!

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I'm very interested in how you organize so many files going back so many years. Is it just by year, or do you have some additional way of organizing them into folders, or some other way? Thanks!
    (I also noticed that with the exception of the first file, you don't have spaces in the filenames. Is that deliberate, and won't it make searching by filename more difficult?)
    I organize files by subject. For trips, I use the location name for the folder. For repeating tasks, I use the year as part of the folder name. For example: I used to own a plane and each year it has to go through an annual inspection, so the folders are named Annual-xxxx. The photo-viewer program that I use (ACDSee) can quickly sort files by name, date, size, etc. Plus, I have VERY good memory and can recall the exact picture I'm looking for. When a member in my Cessna Club forum asks a question like "Does anyone know about this part/problem?" I often call locate and post the related pictures in about 10 minutes.

I worked in mainframe IT for a long time and mainframe systems don't allow blanks in file names, you need to use a dot or a dash. So I got used to that. If you see a file name on my PC that has spaces in its name, that's because it was downloaded from somewhere and I didn't rename it.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by hpham; 02-12-2024 at 07:54 AM.