Thread: US Mobile's free trial - these carriers aren't eligible

Feedback Score

US Mobile's free trial - these carriers aren't eligible

I was looking into US Mobile's free trial offer where they need you to port in a number, and noticed that the small print says that not all carriers are eligible to be ported in. So I called them to find out more about this restriction.

The first person who answered said that all carriers are eligible so I thanked him and hung up. The next person said the same thing, so on a whim, I asked him if Textnow numbers were eligible and he said yes.

Later in the day, I got a call from this second USMobile rep, and to his credit, he said he mis-spoke when he told me that Textnow numbers are eligible. He said three carriers aren't eligible for the free trial port-ins: Textnow, NumberBarn, and Ooma.

(Given my past experience with various customer service reps, it's possible there are other carriers that aren't eligible, but at least according to this one rep, these three are the ones that aren't eligible).
    Will happily share referral code for Red Pocket (gives you up to $25 off first month), and Tracfone referral code (gives you $35 in rewards points) - please PM me if you'd like to use my codes. You’ll also get great karma for helping out this starving student! Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Google Fi is the best way to generate numbers for such promod.

If you know someone with Flex, it costs them 50¢ per day...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

Later in the day, I got a call from this second USMobile rep, and to his credit, he said he mis-spoke when he told me that Textnow numbers are eligible. He said three carriers aren't eligible for the free trial port-ins: Textnow, NumberBarn, and Ooma.
    Example of how good USM CS is. What other carrier would call you back to correct themselves.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Example of how good USM CS is. What other carrier would call you back to correct themselves.
    You're right, the second USMobile rep was quite exceptional. Most customer service reps I've transacted with have been like the first USMobile rep who didn't know about his company's terms and just gave me the wrong answer.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    While it's good that the 2nd rep called back to correct the misinformation they provided, it's kind of bad that both the 1st and 2nd reps both initially gave the wrong information.