Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 54

Thread: AT&T Reducing AutoPay Discount for Credit Cards

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,490
    Device(s)
    iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (US Mobile), T-Mobile (Boost)
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Reducing AutoPay Discount for Credit Cards

    Following in the footsteps of Verizon and T-Mobile, beginning in October, AT&T will be reducing the AutoPay discount to $5/line/month for credit cards. Debit cards and bank accounts remain at $10/line/month.

    https://www.att.com/support/article/...ount/000095109


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,281
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Reducing AutoPay Discount for Credit Cards

    They were supposed to wait two years for this like they do for most other things


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hartford
    Posts
    12,898
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    Following in the footsteps of Verizon and T-Mobile, beginning in October, AT&T will be reducing the AutoPay discount to $5/line/month for credit cards. Debit cards and bank accounts remain at $10/line/month.

    https://www.att.com/support/article/...ount/000095109
    Canít say that Iím not surprised. Thanks T-Mobile for giving AT&T the idea.
    HowardForums Veteran Circa 2004

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC Area/Orlando Florida
    Posts
    1,913
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    0
    I donít get it. I have auto pay debit/bank auto auto draft. But i always manually pay with my credit card (to collect points). But my bank account is on auto pay but i always pay before the auto draft takes place with credit card. So what happens?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,053
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
    I donít get it. I have auto pay debit/bank auto auto draft. But i always manually pay with my credit card (to collect points). But my bank account is on auto pay but i always pay before the auto draft takes place with credit card. So what happens?
    I did that for about a year on Verizon. Then they shut that loophole.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    5,490
    Device(s)
    iPhone 15 Pro, iPhone 13 mini, iPad Pro 11" M2
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Verizon (US Mobile), T-Mobile (Boost)
    Feedback Score
    0
    When I had AT&T, I always had my card on file for autopay and manually Apple Paid to my Apple Card for the extra cash back. I always got the autopay discount anyway.

    Maybe as long as the card on file is a debit or checking, itíll still give you the full discount if you manually pay with a credit card anyway. That'll be something for somebody to try in October.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,281
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Reducing AutoPay Discount for Credit Cards

    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    When I had AT&T, I always had my card on file for autopay and manually Apple Paid to my Apple Card for the extra cash back. I always got the autopay discount anyway.

    Maybe as long as the card on file is a debit or checking, itíll still give you the full discount if you manually pay with a credit card anyway. That'll be something for somebody to try in October.
    Yes I am very interested to know the same if a prepayment by Credit Card takes away the AutoPay discount. I guess even if someone tests it and post the results there is the possibility that AT&T will change the feature later. Hopefully, the entire policy is clearly stated on their website with FAQís so one would have basis for an account credit of it doesnít work to pre-pay with a credit card.

    Also possibly a good idea to setup a burner bank account if you are concerned about incorrect charges or someone getting your Bank Account info but hopefully that is not as risky as T-Mobile.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hartford
    Posts
    12,898
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    When I had AT&T, I always had my card on file for autopay and manually Apple Paid to my Apple Card for the extra cash back. I always got the autopay discount anyway.

    Maybe as long as the card on file is a debit or checking, itíll still give you the full discount if you manually pay with a credit card anyway. That'll be something for somebody to try in October.
    I would be curious to see myself if this works.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    DC Area/Orlando Florida
    Posts
    1,913
    Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, Moto Atrix, Galaxy Nexus LTE
    Carrier(s)
    ATT (Jan 2004-Current), Tmobile Oct 2007-Current, Sprint 1997-2004, Aerial Communications 1996
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlimar1 View Post
    I did that for about a year on Verizon. Then they shut that loophole.
    Well. Iíve been with att/Cingular since 2003.

    And the newer plans with the $10 per line auto checking account debit the last 6-7 years?

    I always had bank account as prepayment but always paid via credit card before the prepayment date to get credit card points the last 6-7 years

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,738
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925 View Post
    When I had AT&T, I always had my card on file for autopay and manually Apple Paid to my Apple Card for the extra cash back. I always got the autopay discount anyway.

    Maybe as long as the card on file is a debit or checking, itíll still give you the full discount if you manually pay with a credit card anyway. That'll be something for somebody to try in October.
    yeah i hope this loop hole still works. i get free cell phone insurance with my CC for all lines but it requires paying the bill with att. either pay $25/ more ($5x 5 lines) or lose insurance

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    1,281
    Feedback Score
    0

    AT&T Reducing AutoPay Discount for Credit Cards

    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Canít say that Iím not surprised. Thanks T-Mobile for giving AT&T the idea.
    So is the Pay Bill in-store going to have a $5 fee as well in about 3 months?

    https://youtu.be/coZygLOCVpk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    94553
    Posts
    5,484
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm so pissed off right now, so much so I haven't posted here in YEARS but came back just to say this... I literally switched to AT&T this week because of the T-Mobile change and now to read this I'm beyond pissed off... This is wrong. I got completely bait and switched by AT&T.

    People have to realize if you put in a debit/bank account and the merchant gets hacked, you lose everything and there's not an ounce of fraud protection available to you. Your bank won't do anything, AT&T I'm sure has something in their T&Cs that let them off the hook. You literally have no recourse if someone drains your account. Nothing, zero, zilch.

    The constant increases in fees and other BS crap is getting worse... Visa/Mastercard needs to step in and say enough is enough. But... They won't.
    HoFo Feedback


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Hartford
    Posts
    12,898
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro Max 256Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffro01 View Post
    I'm so pissed off right now, so much so I haven't posted here in YEARS but came back just to say this... I literally switched to AT&T this week because of the T-Mobile change and now to read this I'm beyond pissed off... This is wrong. I got completely bait and switched by AT&T.

    People have to realize if you put in a debit/bank account and the merchant gets hacked, you lose everything and there's not an ounce of fraud protection available to you. Your bank won't do anything, AT&T I'm sure has something in their T&Cs that let them off the hook. You literally have no recourse if someone drains your account. Nothing, zero, zilch.

    The constant increases in fees and other BS crap is getting worse... Visa/Mastercard needs to step in and say enough is enough. But... They won't.
    Yeah, I absolutely agree with you! And Iím not surprised AT&T followed suit. In fact, they did it a lot quicker than I thought. They figure one company is now going to get away with it, why not us?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    760
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DRC72 View Post
    Yeah, I absolutely agree with you! And I’m not surprised AT&T followed suit. In fact, they did it a lot quicker than I thought. They figure one company is now going to get away with it, why not us?
    All big three now actually.

    What's really silly is whoever is running those companies now must not remember why autopay/ebill discounts came into existence. To save the carriers money in printing paper bills with a little guarantee for consistent payment from the customer.

    At this point, everyone might as well switch back to paper bills and mail in a check again. Make the carriers all reingest the expense they tried to avoid so many years back.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    94553
    Posts
    5,484
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuzz View Post
    All big three now actually.

    What's really silly is whoever is running those companies now must not remember why autopay/ebill discounts came into existence. To save the carriers money in printing paper bills with a little guarantee for consistent payment from the customer.

    At this point, everyone might as well switch back to paper bills and mail in a check again. Make the carriers all reingest the expense they tried to avoid so many years back.
    Except then they'll start charging a fee to send you a paper bill... Until congress steps in and does something, the fees will just get larger, and more frequent.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks