Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Tracfone's iPhone SE 3rd Gen

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    Visible+, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Thanks for the detailed experience, tftess!
    Her general questions are about whether the operating system feels or acts differently on the new version. She mentioned something about the control center (I'm not too familiar with iPhones, so didn't exactly understand her question.)
    Older phones get newer OS's for several years, so the OS on the 2 versions would act the same unless you were one of those who refuse to update the OS. Some don't want to update since newer OS's often seem to expect faster hardware, so can be slower on older models.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Just download Network Cell Info Lite. It will tell you the band you're on.
    I have apps that tell me what band that I am using, but the problem is my S20 FE 5G does not have not C-Band 5G.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    I have apps that tell me what band that I am using, but the problem is my S20 FE 5G does not have not C-Band 5G.
    Ok, thanks, misunderstood. I have n77 (c-band) on mine and have been to areas that supposedly have c-band but only ever get NW5G. It was mentioned in the Verizon forum that you won't get c-band if the capacity in the area can be handled by the lower bands. The real purpose for c-band and mmwave is to allow more capacity when demand requires. Even at my home area, which doesn't have c-band, I'll bounce between LTE and NW5G bands or a combo of both 4G+.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Ok, thanks, misunderstood. I have n77 (c-band) on mine and have been to areas that supposedly have c-band but only ever get NW5G. It was mentioned in the Verizon forum that you won't get c-band if the capacity in the area can be handled by the lower bands. The real purpose for c-band and mmwave is to allow more capacity when demand requires. Even at my home area, which doesn't have c-band, I'll bounce between LTE and NW5G bands or a combo of both 4G+.
    If you knew where I live, Verizon did put C-band 5G on the maps for my area. I found out that the tower is only one mile from my house. I found a few Verizon reps on reddit that told me that it should be active, but they have no way to truly check since they are from the northeast. That tower should cover a large area easily too, but I do not get that great of signal unless I put the device upstairs. I even get better signal outside on the ground then inside anywhere.

The Straight Talk 5G Home Internet device is the only C-band 5G device that I have.

I have been thinking about getting a device with C-band 5G, but I just not sure which one to pick up tho.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    If you knew where I live, Verizon did put C-band 5G on the maps for my area.
    I'm sure you know that Verizon maps can be grossly inaccurate. My home area shows c-band on their map. I'm about 4 miles from the tower which would be out of range of c-band anyway. But I can go right beneath the tower, no c-band, but that's because the tower doesn't even have any c-band antennas.

Is there anyway to check what band you're on with your ST 5G Home Internet? What's it's download speed?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm sure you know that Verizon maps can be grossly inaccurate. My home area shows c-band on their map. I'm about 4 miles from the tower which would be out of range of c-band anyway. But I can go right beneath the tower, no c-band, but that's because the tower doesn't even have any c-band antennas.

Is there anyway to check what band you're on with your ST 5G Home Internet? What's it's download speed?
    Not really. All you get is 4G LTE Signal Strength and 5G Signal Strength only from the device's web interface.

If it only has 4G, it changes a lot. Most of the time, it is 30 to 50Mbps download and 2 to 5Mbps upload. There is a few times, it can get slower then that. It will not go over 50Mbps like plan says.

If it gets a 5G connection, it is more solid speeds of 90Mbps to 110Mbps download and 9 to 10Mbps upload. It does not really change in speeds depending on the day like 4G.

Feedback Score

Tracfone's iPhone SE 3rd Gen

Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

I looked on TF's website, it has been out of stock the last couple days when I looked. (It's out of stock right now too: https://www.tracfone.com/phone/apple...rd-gen-prepaid). Has anyone seen it in stock recently?
    It’s in stock now (7/18, 9:45 EDT) on TF website, $189.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tftess View Post
    It’s in stock now (7/18, 9:45 EDT) on TF website, $189.
    How can we unlock it ?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Samsung A54
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, Qlink
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vartanarsen View Post
    How can we unlock it ?
    Activate on TF/Verizon (use the SIM that comes with the phone) and it'll be unlocked 60 days after activation. You can activate it as a new line with a time "card", or with a transfer from an existing TF line.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Activate on TF/Verizon (use the SIM that comes with the phone) and it'll be unlocked 60 days after activation. You can activate it as a new line with a time "card", or with a transfer from an existing TF line.
    Thanks so much
    Is it automatic or you need to request it?

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Is it automatic or you need to request it?
    Usually it's automatically unlocked on the 60th or 61st day after activation. iPhones locked/unlocked status is kept in an Apple database. When an iPhone is eligible for unlocking, TF sends a request to Apple to update its database.

* You can check the unlock status of an iPhone anytime at www.IMEICheck.com or www.sickw.com .
    * Around the 60th day, use the sites above to check the unlock status of your iPhone. If those sites say it's still locked, go to TF Unlocking Site to check and submit an Unlock Request. It should be processed within 1 business day.
    * If those sites say the phone is Unlocked, connect your iPhone to WiFi. It'll talk to the Apple database and gets unlocked after a few minutes. After that, go into About Phone, there's a Setting that either say "Locked" or "Network Unrestricted"(Unlocked). Once it's unlocked, you can verify by putting in a non-TF SIM and see if the phone accepts it.

Feedback Score
    Can a recent purchaser tell me the iOS version out of the box? Thanks

Feedback Score
    Hi all received this today and spent few hours trying to activate and still can’t. I’m following all instructions and nothing is working to activate , anyone else experiencing this?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Hi all received this today and spent few hours trying to activate and still can’t. I’m following all instructions and nothing is working to activate , anyone else experiencing this?
    Can you provide more details?
    1. Which model that you buy? Which sub-brand (TF, straight talk, etc)?
    2. Brand-new or refurb?
    3. Did you activate as a new line with a time card, or with a transfer from an existing line?
    4. What steps did you use to activate the phone? Did it yourself online or via a rep?
    5. What exactly does "nothing is working" mean? No signal? Not get assigned a number? No buckets?

Device(s)
    Galaxy S22 Ultra, Pixel 7, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone (VZW), Red Pocket (TMO), Cricket (ATT), FreeUp (ATT)
    Feedback Score

iPhone SE3 activation is broken

Yes, activating a new iPhone SE3 on the TF website is broken. I'm also trying to activate as a new TF iPhone SE3 with a new number using a physical SIM. Once I put in the IMEI I get an error message:
    "Ooops! It appears you entered a digital SIM IMEI. Please enter a physical SIM IMEI."

It appears that TF has mashed up the IMEIs in their system.

I won't even bother calling customer service about this. They would end up creating more problems.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TracFone/co...i_is_for_esim/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast