Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Boost Infinite Beta - $25/month Forever

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    299
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    Boost Infinite Beta - $25/month Forever

    Limited Time Only
    Exclusive Beta Access

    https://beta.boostinfinite.com/

    For the beta, Boost Infinite users will be using either T-Mobile or AT&T's respective networks. But the carrier's goal for the service in the first quarter is to have users dynamically switch between all three options depending on which offers the best experience where they are. If you have a device that doesn't support Dish's network (which uses a frequency known as "Band 70" that is largely lacking in devices outside the latest iPhone 14 line), Stokols says it will switch between AT&T and T-Mobile's networks.

    I was able to order this using a different e-mail address. However, I bought a Boost sim but haven't ported over to it yet. If I port my phone to Boost Mobile for a few months, will I be able to port from Boost Mobile to Boost Infinite? Would like to use up the $50 in my Boost account.

    EDIT: Got this response from Boost Infinite live chat. "Got confirmation about porting the number from Boost to Boost Infinite. As long as the number is active and doesn't have any kind of lock (port protection) you should be able to port it over."
    Last edited by grayson73; 12-08-2022 at 04:57 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,400
    Feedback Score
    0
    if you are on the old legacy boost billing system(Orange T-Mobile SIM), you should be able to port over using your account number and pin without issues

    if you have activated more recently on the new platform with an ATT(Black SIM) or a T-Mobile(White SIM) i would expect the port to possibly fail as it would actually be more of a migration to the Infinite post paid rate plan. if you do it let us know how it works out.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,659
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Samsung Galaxy S22, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Project Genesis (Dish), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    if you are on the old legacy boost billing system(Orange T-Mobile SIM), you should be able to port over using your account number and pin without issues

    if you have activated more recently on the new platform with an ATT(Black SIM) or a T-Mobile(White SIM) i would expect the port to possibly fail as it would actually be more of a migration to the Infinite post paid rate plan. if you do it let us know how it works out.
    You can't sign up if your email is/has already [been] associated with Boost Mobile [in the past], including the beta info signup. This has been confirmed by Boost Infinite reps and it's not expected to be fixed.

    Sounds like you would have to have them handle the migration from Boost Mobile to Infinite. It might just be easier to port to NumberBarn and port back into Infinite.

    Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

    R.I.P. Circuit City

    We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

    1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    299
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks. Correct, I signed up with Boost Infinite with a new e-mail address. I'm going to Boost Mobile new platform with ATT for 3 months, then porting to Boost Infinite. If it doesn't work, I'll check out NumberBarn.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,050
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro, Razr 5G 2020
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    I signed up for the beta yesterday. It so far does not seem any different than the $25/mo basic boost plan on prepaid.

    I'll use it past 35GB and see if it slows to 512kbps like prepaid, or if it just knocks me down to a different QoS level, but it's still parked on AT&T for me.
    T-Mobile: Magenta Amplified

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    299
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I signed up for the beta yesterday. It so far does not seem any different than the $25/mo basic boost plan on prepaid.

    I'll use it past 35GB and see if it slows to 512kbps like prepaid, or if it just knocks me down to a different QoS level, but it's still parked on AT&T for me.
    It should start happening at 30GB. "Members using >30GB/mo. may experience lower speeds."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,400
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by brad15 View Post
    I signed up for the beta yesterday. It so far does not seem any different than the $25/mo basic boost plan on prepaid.

    I'll use it past 35GB and see if it slows to 512kbps like prepaid, or if it just knocks me down to a different QoS level, but it's still parked on AT&T for me.
    the service is not really meant to be any different, the billing is

    this is the entrance of Boost into postpaid, credit checks and handset financing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    299
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    It will be very different 1st quarter when the dynamic switching between AT&T, T-Mobile, and Dish is implemented.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,400
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by grayson73 View Post
    It will be very different 1st quarter when the dynamic switching between AT&T, T-Mobile, and Dish is implemented.
    i am hearing different things from different people, but from someone who information I trust I am hearing that is still about 2 years away.

    it is available today on Project Genesis but that is a different product with very limited availability.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    299
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by robbyrobby View Post
    i am hearing different things from different people, but from someone who information I trust I am hearing that is still about 2 years away.

    it is available today on Project Genesis but that is a different product with very limited availability.
    I'll be very mad if that's true. Stokols told Cnet the "goal" is 1st quarter. I understand that's just a goal, but not honest if the goal is not realistic.

    For the beta, Boost Infinite users will be using either T-Mobile or AT&T's respective networks. But the carrier's goal for the service in the first quarter is to have users dynamically switch between all three options depending on which offers the best experience where they are. If you have a device that doesn't support Dish's network (which uses a frequency known as "Band 70" that is largely lacking in devices outside the latest iPhone 14 line), Stokols says it will switch between AT&T and T-Mobile's networks.

    "It's still by definition better off in most cases than where you are today," he says. "In all cases, because T-Mobile plus AT&T is better than just T-Mobile, or just AT&T or just Verizon."

    https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/boo...nlimited-plan/

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    8,050
    Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Pro, Razr 5G 2020
    Carrier(s)
    ·T···Mobile· USA, AT$T
    Feedback Score
    0
    The possibility of being able to use different networks with the same SIM is the only reason I signed up for it, as I use T-Mobile as my primary, and an AT&T based SIM as my secondary.

    So i'm going to hope it happens in Q1

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    865
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Ordered it, got the sim kit yesterday. They included a hat and socks as well lol. Activated the sim and put it in my pixel 6, uses AT&T which is fine, I have a line on Verizon and T-Mobile so for $25 I have a line with an AT&T carrier now as well. Few things I’ve noticed, it doesn’t support androids native visual voicemail, also they have zero wearable support right now (though to be fair, I knew this going in) and from a few posts on Reddit it is a hard cap after 30gb and you are hard throttled to 3g speeds. Their wording is a bit weird on it as they say “you may be slowed”. In reality it seems you will be slowed, which is fine, for $25 it’s hard to complain, though the lack of vvm support on pixels is a little annoying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,041
    Device(s)
    s8/s8+/Nexus5x
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Sorry if this is a noob question but can you only use boost phones on this deal or can you do byod with unlocked s22?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    865
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsilver99 View Post
    Sorry if this is a noob question but can you only use boost phones on this deal or can you do byod with unlocked s22?
    Can do unlocked devices.

    Sent from my Pixel 6 using HoFo mobile app

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,659
    Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Samsung Galaxy S22, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Project Genesis (Dish), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    0

    Boost Infinite Beta - $25/month Forever

    Quote Originally Posted by Theghostlad82 View Post
    Ordered it, got the sim kit yesterday. They included a hat and socks as well lol. Activated the sim and put it in my pixel 6, uses AT&T which is fine, I have a line on Verizon and T-Mobile so for $25 I have a line with an AT&T carrier now as well. Few things I’ve noticed, it doesn’t support androids native visual voicemail, also they have zero wearable support right now (though to be fair, I knew this going in) and from a few posts on Reddit it is a hard cap after 30gb and you are hard throttled to 3g speeds. Their wording is a bit weird on it as they say “you may be slowed”. In reality it seems you will be slowed, which is fine, for $25 it’s hard to complain, though the lack of vvm support on pixels is a little annoying.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can you confirm what the ICCID of the physical SIM starts with? I assume it is 8901410 (like all other AT&T Boost/PG SIMs), though Dish itself (on the Project Genesis hotspot SIMs and the sudo-hidden eSIM in the phones) is 8901511.

    Dish uses its own Visual Voicemail app for all of its brands, so no surprise that they wouldn’t change this VM support for Infinite.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Haas_Dave; 12-11-2022 at 02:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-21-2022, 11:43 AM
  2. Always Shout & Infinite Laptop Offer for $ 25/month (For EVERYONE) is back :-)
    By bensoncv14 in forum Freedom Mobile (previously Wind Mobile)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 11-02-2010, 03:24 PM
  3. 25$ month plan and great service
    By schitzo1978 in forum Fido
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-29-2004, 10:06 AM
  4. Colour boost of MCA-25
    By mypatpat in forum SonyEricsson
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-28-2002, 12:19 PM

Bookmarks