Thread: Test Drive without ID?

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score

Test Drive without ID?

How do I avoid the restriction on "no current customer" eligibility. I have some strange old accounts that do not include 5G, which I want to test out. What information do they want that may trip me up?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not gonna happen. They have to verify you in the event that you skipped town and refused to pay a bill later. Try applying for a credit card, a mortgage, or a car loan without identification and you will have the same result.

The old saying, "Trust but verify" comes to mind.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Not gonna happen. They have to verify you in the event that you skipped town and refused to pay a bill later. Try applying for a credit card, a mortgage, or a car loan without identification and you will have the same result.

The old saying, "Trust but verify" comes to mind.
    The test drive is a no cost 30 day trial. Are you saying they require credit card or some kind of verification? I read that it expires at the end of the test period.

Carrier(s)
    310-260
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmthomas View Post
    The test drive is a no cost 30 day trial. Are you saying they require credit card or some kind of verification? I read that it expires at the end of the test period.
    I was going to try going through the steps myself, but the My Verizon app just loads a blank screen. I sort of assumed it would be like the earlier iteration of the T-Mobile test drive where you create a login and it's a self-expiring prepaid plan. If you're on an iPhone, perhaps the Visible trial would be worthwhile? https://www.visible.com/free-trial/

Unfortunately, it doesn't say if the Visible trial is the regular plan or Visible+, but there have been some unofficial reports that the regular plan gets C-Band and mmWave, but are capped at 200Mbps like before when there was one cloud-based plan. You won't get a 5G UW indicator, though. Other than different call routing, data is on the main Verizon core now, so it should have a similar experience to a "real" Verizon plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mmthomas View Post
    Are you saying they require credit card or some kind of verification?
    Yes, I am.

Carrier(s)
    t-mobile prepay
    Feedback Score
    OP here. My test drive activation failed. message was call customer service. 1:30 with 6 different agents; no one knows anything about the cellular test drive. All know about a home internet test drive.
    The esim was downloaded, a phone number was not assigned.
    I received an email after the failure saying thank you for your 30 day trial, do you want to sign up for service?
    The signup is done on a FRESH download of myverizon app. I tried to use an old myverizon and it did not offer the free trial.
    All that was requested was name, email, current phone number. Information was given that they are setting up the service and I will be able to use both phone numbers during the test drive. Activation failed, no reason given.