Thread: Payment Unsuccessful

Device(s)
    iPhone 14
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Payment Unsuccessful

I just got a text from AT&T saying my payment was unsuccessful. The payment due date shows as tomorrow, and it says I owe $0 as it has said since I applied the $300 gift card back in November. When I called, there was a message saying they are currently experiencing issues processing payments. Anyone else running into any issues? Hopefully my cell service doesn't go away tomorrow. More importantly, my wife would probably [figuratively] kill me if this happens as she works from home and is on the phone all day long. Her line renews the same day as mine. So far, she has not gotten a similar text.

Carrier(s)
    Gophone
    Feedback Score
    Just had this problem when my plan renewed even though there was enough money on my account and I'm on autopay to boot. I had to call customer service and get an agent to push it through.

Device(s)
    iPhone 14
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure I understand exactly how this works. It says I am on the $25 monthly plan, which isn't really monthly. It says I owe $0 "Now." And it says AutoPay is OFF. As of this AM, I can still make phone calls.

Name:  Screen Shot 2022-12-06 at 8.00.44 AM.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  33.0 KB

Device(s)
    iPhone 14
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well, everything seems to have renewed fine. Both my accounts now show $300 due December 1, and we still have service this morning.

Feedback Score
    Please note: even if you have $300 balance from prepaid cards before your renewal date you still need to have a valid credit card on file. AT&T will try to process $0 charge and if it fails your service will stop. This is exactly what happened to me about 2 years ago.

Device(s)
    iPhone 14
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
    Please note: even if you have $300 balance from prepaid cards before your renewal date you still need to have a valid credit card on file. AT&T will try to process $0 charge and if it fails your service will stop. This is exactly what happened to me about 2 years ago.
    Ah. That is probably what happened. My credit card on file was expired. Makes sense I guess.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe007 View Post
    That's not true, in my experience. There is no CC on file on my wife's $300 plan account, but it renewed with no issues in 2021 and 2022 after I loaded $300 worth of refill cards.

Feedback Score
    Got a text that my payment was unsuccessful as well, even though there's more than 2 months of credit on the account. Logged in online, and there's a banner that says 'Error! We are currently experiencing an issue processing payments. Please try your request again later. No other services are impacted.'

ATT prepaid needs to get their systems updated properly to avoid issues.

Have never had issues with credit card on file since we always pay with prepaid cards. The lack of a credit card is not an issue. This is their systems having problems.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, when issues like this come up it is best to contact customer support.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    Unfortunately, when issues like this come up it is best to contact customer support.
    Tried to call them 6 times today, could not get through. I hope they fix this ASAP.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    Tried to call them 6 times today, could not get through. I hope they fix this ASAP.
    Saturday and Sunday are not the best days to call in to customer service.