Thread: Simple Mobile handset compatibility

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score

Simple Mobile handset compatibility

has anyone run in to issues with voice not working on TracFone sub-company Simple Mobile phones?

I picked up a Black Friday deal on a Moto g pure and data & texts work just fine but voice is not working. their India based tech support has been unable to resolve it so they are blaming it on compatibility issues which sounds like a questionable excuse

This is the first time I've had issues with settings not automatically working out of the box since they moved to only 4g phones from tracfone

Feedback Score
    More info needed,
    How did you activate it on PP ?
    Have you checked the APN?
    Is VoLTE turned on ?

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    I called CS and had the account changed from the old phone IMEI to this new Moto IMEI - then switched out the originally TracFone provided SIM (always activated on PP) to the new phone. incidentally this is the only way to guarantee that its properly registered so the activation date is set for when you want the handset unlocked.

APN is proper TRACFONE.VZWENTP

Name:  motog.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  73.7 KB

there is no volte toggle option in any of the menus but it should automatic since its supported by the phone.

the only thing that I can think of is that I was incorrect to believe Simple mobile ran on Verizon.
    Tracfone has it on Tmobile/att

But the SIM is registering and I have data and text working.
    Call attempts say "server unreachable" and fail though. None of the troubleshooting for that has so far resolved anything

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook View Post
    I called CS and had the account changed from the old phone IMEI to this new Moto IMEI - then switched out the originally TracFone provided SIM (always activated on PP) to the new phone. incidentally this is the only way to guarantee that its properly registered so the activation date is set for when you want the handset unlocked.

Name:  motog.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  73.7 KB

there is no volte toggle option in any of the menus but it should automatic since its supported by the phone.

the only thing that I can think of is that I was incorrect to believe Simple mobile ran on Verizon.
    Tracfone has it on Tmobile/att

But the SIM is registering and I have data and text working.
    Call attempts say "server unreachable" and fail though. None of the troubleshooting for that has so far resolved anything
    What's the Model Part Number? Simple Mobile phones were sold with Tmobile sims but not anymore. Regardless, if the model number ends in DL it was compatible with TF/Verizon and sim. And you used a PP (vzw) sim. You wouldn't have been able to activate it if it wasn't.

On one of my phones VoLTE wasn't set during provisioning and I needed to turn it on it's called "Enhanced LTE Mode" on my motos in network settings. BUT your screen shot shows voice as LTE so likely not a Volte issue.

So whats the model number?
    Also if you don't get satisfaction from the first CSR you talk to, call or chat again, and again with a new one until you do. Some are good, some not. Or don't even mess with the regular CSRs for these type issues, call TF corporate support 305-640-2000 x1029 I believe is the #.

Carrier(s)
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    XT216DL

I ran the software update to get to android 12 but no new network options came with it other than a toggle to allow 2G for emergencies

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icebook View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the wrong APN.

Try: VZWINTERNET

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's the wrong APN.

Try: VZWINTERNET
    I checked my 2 Moto E4s that are on PP yesterday when I was posting in this thread and they're both TRACFONE.VZWENTP. They are BYOPs so don't know if that makes a difference.

There's a new thread up in the TF forum https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-to-TF-account of someone having an issue activating a SM phone but they said in their case CS told them it can't be activated. In this case it seems to be activated but no voice.
    I was going to suggest to to try the VZWINTERNET apn too until I saw my phones use the TRACFONE.VZWENTP.
    Does the apn affect voice too ? I think which apn was once phone specific or by TF brand but never found any ryhme nor reason. VZWINTERNET is worth a try though.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    It has been reported that TRACFONE.VZWENTP wasn't allowing VoIP / HD Voice to work. However, it's also been reported that, more recently, it does.

But I wonder if it's different by location. Trying VZWINTERNET, just to see, won't hurt anything.