Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: Tracfone Moto G pure and nova7

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In the country SW Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    The feature is called Peek Display. Go to the app called Moto. Scroll down to the Peek Display section and turn it off.
    Thank you for the "Peek" display setting. Sure enough it was set to on. I turned it off and Voila' no more clock on the display when I don't want it to. Carrying it around seems like it would drain the battery faster having any sort of LED light up, even if not the whole screen.

    It updated to Android 12, but I am running Nova Prime launcher, the full version and have not seen much difference. What "improvement" or other, does 12 have over Android 11?

    So, turning off BT will do more to save battery than turning off the peek display? I found the "peek" in the normal settings, since I use Nova Prime for a launcher. Wife and I like that for the famiiarity of features and display from phone to phone.
    I was born with nothing and have managed to keep most of it.
    When I was a kid rocks were soft and dirt was new.

    Moto G Pure (2021) ver 12(current house phone) -> LG Premier Pro Plus(my pack along)

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DC-MD-VA
    Posts
    1,192
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    Sorry, I have vision issues where I have lost significant vision in my left eye and also the right eye. It is called Ischemic Optical Neuropathy, ION for short. What happened is I lost blood flow to my vision receptor cells just a few years ago and have diffiuclty seeing clearly It amounts to double letters or seemingly so, as well as missing parts of the vision picture. Look through foggy glasses or put milk on your glasses and look through that. It is similar to dead pixels on a monitor, but expand that a thousand times. As the cells sometimes are clusters and don't pick up an image. Hence that is why I try to make a different font and a bit larger, just so I can see it. I know... off topic, but for the curios as towhy. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Thanks for the explanation. Maybe it's more noticeable to me because I have double vision and who knows what else. Long, long overdue for my own eye exam. I use a High Contrast Chrome extension as well as adjust the screen zoom, personally. Some days are better than others. Perhaps stick to one consistant combination of font/size/bold/italics?

    On topic, I've seen similar gripes about Android 12. Fortunately for me, my phones are too old to get A12. Love Nova, too, btw. Makes transferring settings between phones a breeze. Nova Prime usually goes on sale for .99 this time of year, too, if you're interested. Keep an eye out for it on SlickDeals. Only Play Store purchase I've ever made because I'm that cheap.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    Sorry, I have vision issues where I have lost significant vision in my left eye and also the right eye. It is called Ischemic Optical Neuropathy, ION for short. What happened is I lost blood flow to my vision receptor cells just a few years ago and have diffiuclty seeing clearly It amounts to double letters or seemingly so, as well as missing parts of the vision picture. Look through foggy glasses or put milk on your glasses and look through that. It is similar to dead pixels on a monitor, but expand that a thousand times. As the cells sometimes are clusters and don't pick up an image. Hence that is why I try to make a different font and a bit larger, just so I can see it. I know... off topic, but for the curios as towhy.
    I think you mentioned the vision situation in the past. Anyway, since you are tech experienced, it would have to be a vision situation to account for the print.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In the country SW Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    On topic, I've seen similar gripes about Android 12. Fortunately for me, my phones are too old to get A12. Love Nova, too, btw. Makes transferring settings between phones a breeze. Nova Prime usually goes on sale for .99 this time of year, too, if you're interested. Keep an eye out for it on SlickDeals. Only Play Store purchase I've ever made because I'm that cheap.
    Yes, I have Nova Prime, that I paid for. It is registered to my email so all phones that I use and install it on can get that Nova Prime on them. It really is a nice launcher.

    I turned off Bluetooth on Pam's new Motorola phone. She really doesn't use BT. I have it enabled on my phone because I have Kirkland Signature 10 hearing aids (made by Sonova/Phonak) and I make and receive calls and the voice streams to my hearing aids via BT. Odd thing is it uses the microphone on top of the Behind The Ear aid to pick up my voice and not the phone, so on the other end it is like speaker phone. On my end, it is still private. I don't even have to be near my phone to answer or hang up a call, just tap my ear twice and it answers/disconnects. One must remember to not SCRATCH YOUR EARS when on a call or I hav hung up on a conversation.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In the country SW Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    With Nova Prime I can double tap and turn off the screen. Sort of puts it in a like "sleep" mode. With the LG I can double tap a black screen and awaken it to the lock screen. Is there any such setting with the Motorola Moto G Pure?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    8,603
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    With Nova Prime I can double tap and turn off the screen. Sort of puts it in a like "sleep" mode. With the LG I can double tap a black screen and awaken it to the lock screen. Is there any such setting with the Motorola Moto G Pure?
    Moto doesn`t make that feature available from Moto.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DC-MD-VA
    Posts
    1,192
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    With Nova Prime I can double tap and turn off the screen. Sort of puts it in a like "sleep" mode. With the LG I can double tap a black screen and awaken it to the lock screen. Is there any such setting with the Motorola Moto G Pure?
    Doesn't the fingerprint sensor wake up the screen? There's also the Moto Action to flip for DND.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In the country SW Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    After you turn off the screen and THEN awaken it again to the lock screen the time of day digits are HUGE. Isn't there a way to change that to smaller or even analog feature (hour and minute hands)?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DC-MD-VA
    Posts
    1,192
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Mine don't, G Play(2), G Power. Check your widgets.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Mine don't, G Play(2), G Power. Check your widgets.
    I have a Moto G Power 2020. I don't use the lock, so I can just say that when I awaken the phone by pressing the power button, a generic lock screen appears, which I swipe away.

    I know you can modify the lock screen with wallpaper and a bit of custom text. But I don't think you can widget it, because I think widgets need the phone to be further along.

    I have changed the wallpaper and have added some text. I have typed in the phone number so I can tell my phones apart.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In the country SW Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    I put in my phone number on the lock screen in case someone finds my wife's phone. Since it is not locked with a pin, fingerprint or face, they can use her phone to call my phone.
    On my LG Premier Pro Plus the lock screen has the small date, clock, and my email address.

    Would be nice to have a "SMALL" clock on the lock screen, because the present one is obnoxious to say the least.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    DC-MD-VA
    Posts
    1,192
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I have a Moto G Power 2020. I don't use the lock, so I can just say that when I awaken the phone by pressing the power button, a generic lock screen appears, which I swipe away.

    I know you can modify the lock screen with wallpaper and a bit of custom text. But I don't think you can widget it, because I think widgets need the phone to be further along.

    I have changed the wallpaper and have added some text. I have typed in the phone number so I can tell my phones apart.
    Ah, yes, you're right. I was thinking of the desktop.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In the country SW Michigan
    Posts
    264
    Device(s)
    LG Premier Pro Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    0
    Is there any way to change the lock screen "clock" to make it smaller?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,922
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by vljenewein View Post
    Is there any way to change the lock screen "clock" to make it smaller?
    From doing a search, it appears that the lock screen clock options are highly variable, depending on what phone you have and what updates you have. It seems to vary all over the place and goes through changes.

    If you don't see anything useful under the lock screen options, I think you are stuck with the clock for now.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Southwest Michigan, USA
    Posts
    4,485
    Device(s)
    LG Aristo 2 Plus (T-Mo); Moto G Power 2020 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    0
    Also, might the Settings "Display Size" and/or "Font Size" (more likely the former) have any effect on the clock size? If so, it may account for some of what you're seeing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Moto X Pure on Tracfone EVER getting Android 7.0 ??
    By greg30127 in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 11-22-2017, 10:01 PM
  2. Moto X Pure and Bluetooth
    By RShea in forum Motorola Phone Problems
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2017, 11:35 AM
  3. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-22-2016, 12:02 AM
  4. Moto X Pure and Moto E 2 on PP?
    By haxxorboi in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-23-2015, 09:23 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2002, 12:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks