Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is my account DOA? Can I restart it somehow?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AnciusD View Post
    Correct, that's why I said 'originally assumed', after I realized TF intervened and the renewal wasn't manually done by the user. That's how it dawned upon me that it may not have been 'active' since before the last Dec. renewal. Missing pieces, yes.

Interesting that the Nokia and My Flip 2 are both listed under basic phone and smartphone, too. The TCL Flip 2 excepted. So I assume these flip phones can use either smart or basic plans? In that case, a basic plan is not required More likely, in my opinion, is simply a sloppy web page implementation.
    Clearly, what's required is an interpreter equivalent to that of a Talmudic scholar.
    They can. My TCL flip 2 can buy the $15 smartphone plan on the website. As a tracfone branded device it is also offered the $49.99 year add on in the cart. And smartphones can buy basic plans. On the website it appears to be limited to older TMFL accounts (like my iPhone SE 2020) but on the app (especially iOS version) anything can buy anything.

The Nokia flip gets offered the full breadth of plans (unlimited and regular smartphone plans etc) including add-ons on the app (Android version).

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I actually just did this since a i have TCL flip 2 that has a phone number I like. I merged one line into it already.

And now I just added a $15 smartphone plan to it since I will be using this line in one final merge to replace another main number so it having a little extra time and minutes is ok.

I did it on the website and I used points. It added fine.

You can see that its last added plan is a smartphone plan:

Name:  ok.JPG
Views: 125
Size:  21.4 KB

Name:  ok2.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  25.6 KB

Name:  second.JPG
Views: 118
Size:  26.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Hello. I just bought this card and was an email that they will deliver it. I thought I was going to get a pin emailed to me?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phonerboner View Post
    I just bought this card and was an email that they will deliver it. I thought I was going to get a pin emailed to me?
    Ebay or TF messed up the delivery of the PIN. I ran into the same problem last week. Use this link, enter your Ebay Order ID and you'll find the PIN: https://ebay.tracfone.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    From that, I assume his flip phone is BYOP and not TF-branded. Otherwise, it makes no sense.

When a phone is deactivated because its service days ran out, you can reactivate with a time card within 60 days and get its previous balances restored. Its phone number could still be there or lost, no guarantee on that.

When a phone was deactivated due to no activities within 6 months (phone using 3 buckets) or 12 months (phone using single bucket), I suppose it could be reactivated using a time card, similar to a phone that expired.

No, you cannot activate one of the new flip phones and use its service to reactivate the old flip phone. You need to use a time card/PIN. You can buy on Ebay (sold by TF) a 30-day $9.99 card (delivered by email) for that purpose. Once the old flip phone has been reactivated, you can activate new flip phone #1 with a transfer from the old flip phone, then the next day activate new flip phone #2 with a transfer from new flip phone #1.

If the old flip phone's balances are not restored when you reactivated it with a time card/PIN, contact TF Executive Resolution at one of the numbers below to get them restored before activating the new flip phones.

Tracfone Executive Resolutions 305 715 6500 Extension 1029
    Corporate office 305-640-2000 x1029
    800 626 4883 x3324

Well I finally got my dads account back up. When it was reactivated, the minutes that were there came back as well. An unexpected issue arose when the phone was not working even though the phone was reactivated. It turns out that the sim that was in the phone was an old ATT Tracfone SIM that the agent told me would not work on the network. He advised that I get my hands on a Verizon Tracfone SIM. SO I ran off to Target to get a 99 cent BYOD SIM. I came back and insterted the SIM and the phone STILL did not work.

After talking again with yet another agent and many minutes, she informed me that by the IMEI that I gave her for the cellphone that I had, the cellphone (ATT Alcatel 4044O) would not work due to it not being compatibel with the Verizon network.

So my next step, if I can do it, will be to activate NEW Flipphone #1 and then port the old phone number to it with the old minutes. Then I will wait a day or two and try activating Flip Phone# and transfer everting from Fliphone #1 to it. I hope this works. I have no idea if I can pull it off, but I'll try anything.

Feedback Score
    Ebay or TF messed up the delivery of the PIN. I ran into the same problem last week. Use this link, enter your Ebay Order ID and you'll find the PIN: https://ebay.tracfone.com
    That worked! Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Well I finally got my dads account back up. When it was reactivated, the minutes that were there came back as well. An unexpected issue arose when the phone was not working even though the phone was reactivated. It turns out that the sim that was in the phone was an old ATT Tracfone SIM that the agent told me would not work on the network. He advised that I get my hands on a Verizon Tracfone SIM. SO I ran off to Target to get a 99 cent BYOD SIM. I came back and insterted the SIM and the phone STILL did not work.

After talking again with yet another agent and many minutes, she informed me that by the IMEI that I gave her for the cellphone that I had, the cellphone (ATT Alcatel 4044O) would not work due to it not being compatibel with the Verizon network.

So my next step, if I can do it, will be to activate NEW Flipphone #1 and then port the old phone number to it with the old minutes. Then I will wait a day or two and try activating Flip Phone# and transfer everting from Fliphone #1 to it. I hope this works. I have no idea if I can pull it off, but I'll try anything.
    You want to activate a new phone via transferring an old account to it from the get-go. Do not pre-activate a new phone because it will cause a messy situation to get your account on there afterward.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    You want to activate a new phone via transferring an old account to it from the get-go. Do not pre-activate a new phone because it will cause a messy situation to get your account on there afterward.
    If I do it that way, will I be able to claim the minutes that the new phone came with?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    If I do it that way, will I be able to claim the minutes that the new phone came with?
    Yes. Tell the rep you want to activate the new flip phone #1 with a transfer from the old phone. If the rep wants to send a security text to the old phone, tell the rep the old phone isn't working and to send the code to the email of the account.

Feedback Score
    I will do that today. How many days should I wait before I activate my phone number too?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I will do that today. How many days should I wait before I activate my phone number too?
    One day is enough. The main reason for waiting is for the two transactions to have different dates, making it easier to TF reps to sort things out if something went wrong.

Feedback Score
    One day is enough. The main reason for waiting is for the two transactions to have different dates, making it easier to TF reps to sort things out if something went wrong.

Success! I was able to transfer all the old minutes to the the new Flip#1 and have it all together. I will wait a day or two and then attempt the second phone attempt to see if I can get two years out of it if possible. I hope that works.

Feedback Score
    I was successful in joining all the minutes and phones under one final plip[ phone. Thank you for the help.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I was successful in joining all the minutes and phones under one final flip phone.
    Good to hear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2