Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to add new device to TF account without activating?

Feedback Score
    Points won't vest if the phones aren't activated.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    So in theory I can activate on day 59 without issue?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcs9 View Post
    In theory, yes. Although I don't want to find out for myself where the edge of the envelope is. Went too far and poof goes 10K points.

Feedback Score
    I activated around day 40 no problem. Since then several others are also reporting success so likely as long as the phone is active when the points are supposed to vest it will be ok. But we are reverse engineering a system so we don't know it it checks a week in advance, two, etc. It's a bit of a loophole so enjoy it while it lasts.

Feedback Score
    If you activate on day 59 and get all of your points, please let the forum know. That would be great news.

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    If you activate on day 59 and get all of your points, please let the forum know. That would be great news.
    I'll update the thread, but I'll probably do 45-50 days to play it safe. I also might do it before the end of the year just in case something unknown to us changes.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I'll update the thread, but I'll probably do 45-50 days to play it safe. I also might do it before the end of the year just in case something unknown to us changes.
    There is no way to play it safe other than to follow the rules.
    This is a glitch... it could be corrected at any time. Tracfone doesn`t tell you what they are doing... they have always kept us in the dark. Someone will tell us 10,000 points disappeared on day 61 and we still will not know the actual cause... because there are so many potential causes. Take your pick as to the cause. While you are at it, make up a cause because that seems to be what Tracfone often does.

Feedback Score
    Tracfancier is right this is a bank error in our favor. Just like the long term grandfathering of referral rates it will work till someday it doesn't. Unfortunately even people who follow the rules to a tee sometimes get caught up in TracFone YMMV and only BBB or FCC complaints may resolve the issue.

Just a random unrelated example that you used to be able to get credit for Southwest gift cards on Amex airline credit. I know this used to be the case as I was the first person to post on flyertalk when it stopped working. Luckily for now you can still get certain fares reimbursed but that is going to stop someday when Southwest or Amex care enough... They got their AlexTrac out there watching too....

Feedback Score
    But I would think that even if they fix the "glitch", that it would most likely mean that the 61 day clock starts ticking on the day of activation instead of the bonus points being completely gone. No?
    You never know with TracFone, but that seems more likely as nothing really was done against the rules by the user, imo.

Feedback Score
    In this case, I think the vesting clock should start at the same time as _activation_ (it does so for the unlocking, one of the few reliable departments in TracFone, in my opinion). But they messed up and as it start at the same time as adding -- which there's only limited number of people that know to do this separately from activating. So I thin it might fly under the radar for a while.

Like posted, sometimes people follow the rules to a tee -- ie activate a new account with a referral code -- and randomly points don't appear on one or both sides. There's no rhyme or reason to why TracFone gives or taketh away sometime.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    But they messed up and as it start at the same time as adding -- which there's only limited number of people that know to do this separately from activating. So I think it might fly under the radar for a while.
    Not when there's AlexTrac spying on the forum . I added 4 lines recently with their required-purchase 30-day cards. I didn't want TF to close the loophole during the 60 days waiting for my points to be vested and lose 40K points, so I bought 4 x $9.99 cards on Ebay to extend them to 60 days. I did wait until the 5th day after the phones were added to activate them, so 60 days will be enough.

Feedback Score
    With my HSN phones being delivered today, one more question came to my mind:

Should I have the rep add 3 of the 6 phones that I get to my account in one chat session? Or would it be better to add them one at a time with 3 chat sessions on the same day? Or even one per day over 3 days?

Thanks for helping me out here again!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FT_VZW View Post
    Should I have the rep add 3 of the 6 phones that I get to my account in one chat session? Or would it be better to add them one at a time with 3 chat sessions on the same day? Or even one per day over 3 days?
    I had one rep add 2 phones to one account in one chat session. Then started another chat session with another rep to add 2 phones to a different account.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    I had one rep add 2 phones to one account in one chat session. Then started another chat session with another rep to add 2 phones to a different account.
    If I added the 2 HSN TF phones that come with 1200 Min/Text/Data/365 Days, when should I activate the phones? I like to use the 1200 min/text/data to my primary lines after the 20K points have vested. If I activate the phones closer to the 60 days mark, will it mess up the 20K points bonus ?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yuri2002 View Post
    If I added the 2 HSN TF phones that come with 1200 Min/Text/Data/365 Days, when should I activate the phones? I like to use the 1200 min/text/data to my primary lines after the 20K points have vested. If I activate the phones closer to the 60 days mark, will it mess up the 20K points bonus ?
    I can't tell when/if TF will close the loophole. If you're a gambler, wait as close to the 60 days mark as you feel comfortable. If you're not a risk taker, activate the phones right after they were added to the account and the pending points are shown.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast