Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: For $30, Get *Three* Unlocked Motos, Two Unlocked Flip Phones, & Phone Service for a Year on 2 lines

Feedback Score

For $30, Get *Three* Unlocked Motos, Two Unlocked Flip Phones, & Phone Service for a Year on 2 lines

That’s right! You can get *three* unlocked Moto smartphones that can be used on all 3 networks after unlocking, two unlocked flip phones – all brand new – plus phone service for a year on two phones, for $30+tax. Plus you’ll get great karma, and the eternal gratitude of a starving student (me!). Here’s how:

1. HSN is selling the 2-pack Orbic flip phone bundle for $50. Buy it as a new customer (use an email address you haven’t used for HSN before) and get $20 off with coupon code HSN2022. You’ll pay $30+tax; shipping is free.

2. Activate one of the flip phone bundles with a new phone number as a new Tracfone customer. After activating it, sign up for Tracfone’s rewards program using a referral code to get $50 in the form of 5,000 rewards points. You can use anyone’s referral code, but please use mine! Please PM me for my code.

3. Activate the second flip phone bundle using Chat. Tracfone has a promo till Dec 31 that will give you 10,000 rewards points for activating this new line with a new phone number.

4. On the 61st day, your 15,000 rewards points become available to use. Redeem 14,000 points for a phone coupon worth $150.

5. Buy 3 Moto G Pure phones for $50 each. You’ll get all three phones for free when you use the $150 coupon. Shipping is free.

6. Transfer your service from the first flip phone to one Moto. Also transfer service from the second flip phone to another Moto. After 61 days of service, both Motos get unlocked. Unlocking has been working very reliably. The Moto G Pure is on AT&T’s whitelist, has the bands for Tmobile, and is natively on Verizon, so you get two unlocked Moto’s that can be used on all 3 carriers.

7. You still have one Moto left to be unlocked. Just transfer service from one of your lines to this Moto, and it too gets unlocked after 61 days.

That’s it! In about 6 months total, you will have *three* unlocked Moto G Pure’s, two unlocked flip phones, 6 more months of service remaining on two lines, great karma, plus my eternal gratitude for using my referral code – all for $30+tax!!

Feedback Score
    If you don’t want flip phones, you can use the same formula in my post above, to get *five* unlocked Motos for $80+tax.

Instead of buying the 2-pack flip phones, you’ll buy the 2-pack Moto G Pure bundles in the first step. You'll get them for $80 using the new-customer coupon.

The rest of the steps remain the same, and you get 5 unlocked Motos that can be used on all carriers plus a year’s service on two lines, for $80+tax.

Feedback Score
    Oh, and for steps 6 and 7 in my original post – Transferring service from one device to a different device is easy. It is DIY, through your account. You don't have to contact Customer Service.

Login to your account -- Activate -- New Phone from Tracfone -- Keep phone number -- Select your phone number from the drop down list -- Enter the new phone’s IMEI.

That's it! Service will be transferred from your existing device to the new device.

Feedback Score
    Want to do this with Powers rather than Pures...

Feedback Score
    The phones don't have 5G, probably not a big issue for many.

But how do the transfers in the steps work when this is in the Terms and Conditions?

Promotional package includes 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1500MB data with 365 days of service.
    Promotional minutes are not transferable and are only guaranteed on the handset included in the order

Feedback Score
    Yes they can refuse to transfer balances.

Sometimes you have to hang up and try again with a different rep

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Truphone
    Feedback Score
    OK, sillyette let me run this past you. I’ve got 8,413 points on my account (8,000 from your referral!) and 68 days of service left. If I use my points to buy the Moto Pure from Tracfone I get 10,000 more points? And I can immediately transfer my old service to the new phone and then get it unlocked on the 61st day? Should I buy it as an upgrade or as additional line?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipy View Post
    OK, sillyette let me run this past you. I’ve got 8,413 points on my account (8,000 from your referral!) and 68 days of service left. If I use my points to buy the Moto Pure from Tracfone I get 10,000 more points? And I can immediately transfer my old service to the new phone and then get it unlocked on the 61st day? Should I buy it as an upgrade or as additional line?
    You have to activate as a new line, new number, and add service,
    Thought i read you cannot transfer old line for service.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zigner View Post
    The phones don't have 5G, probably not a big issue for many.

But how do the transfers in the steps work when this is in the Terms and Conditions?

Promotional package includes 1500 minutes, 1500 texts and 1500MB data with 365 days of service.
    Promotional minutes are not transferable and are only guaranteed on the handset included in the order
    Thankfully, those terms have never been enforced, so the transfers will work as described in the steps. Transferring service to a different device using the DIY steps in my 3rd post here has been working very reliably.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zipy View Post
    The steps in my original post are meant for *new* Tracfone users. The whole formula in the post will work perfectly for *new* users who follow those steps.

So I hope my answers to Zipy's questions here won't cause confusion, because Zipy is *not* a new user. Here are the answers to Zipy's questions:

-- Yes, you can buy a Pure with your points.
    -- And yes, you can transfer your existing service to the new Pure and it will unlock on the 61st day.
    -- However, you won't get 10,000 points (because you're not getting a new phone number).

(Overall, given you only have 68 days of service left, I think you may be cutting it too fine, because you never know how many days it may take for the Pure to be shipped to you. And unlocking needs 61 days of service).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    -- Yes, you can buy a Pure with your points.
    -- And yes, you can transfer your existing service to the new Pure and it will unlock on the 61st day.
    -- However, you won't get 10,000 points (because you're not getting a new phone number).

(Overall, given you only have 68 days of service left, I think you may be cutting it too fine, because you never know how many days it may take for the Pure to be shipped to you. And unlocking needs 61 days of service).
    To get the 10,000 points the Pure could be purchased and added to the account. You could buy enough airtime to keep it active for 61 days, collect the 10,000 points and then transfer the existing service to the new Pure.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulCrawhorne View Post
    Want to do this with Powers rather than Pures...
    Unfortunately, the Moto G Power sold by Tracfone (XT2165DL) isn't on AT&T's whitelist.

That's the nice thing about the Moto G Pure - it's an all-network phone after it is unlocked. That makes up for a lot of the Pure's shortcomings, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    When trying to redeeming points: is there a special portal that always has the Pure for $50, or do you just use the regular Tracfone website?

Reason I am asking is that while the Moto Pure is $50 right now (as well as the Moto G Power), that could change after your HSN order arrives a week or so later if you have to buy through their regular site since BF will be over by then.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan Edogawa View Post
    When trying to redeeming points: is there a special portal that always has the Pure for $50, or do you just use the regular Tracfone website?

Reason I am asking is that while the Moto Pure is $50 right now (as well as the Moto G Power), that could change after your HSN order arrives a week or so later if you have to buy through their regular site since BF will be over by then.
    No special portal, just Tracfone's website. The phones will be free with the rewards coupon when you shop on Tracfone's regular website.

The Moto G Pure has been $50 for quite a while now. It has been $50 since at least October 6 (I know because I just looked up the post I had made about it when the price dropped ) - it was $60 prior to that.

The Moto G Power was $100 before its current Black Friday price of $50. So it will probably go back to $100 after the BF special. (I think the Pure is better than the Power though, mainly because the Pure can be used on all three carriers after it is unlocked.)

Feedback Score
    Oh, and the rewards points are very versatile. Points can be used to buy phones; they can also be used to buy airtime.

So for example, suppose you buy the HSN Moto G Pure 2-pack for $80 after new-customer coupon.
    You follow the steps in my original post and activate one Moto with referral code to get 5,000 points. You Chat and activate the second Moto as a new line to get 10,000 points.

On the 61st day, your 15,000 points are available for use. You can use those points in any combination.

For example:
    -- You could redeem just 6,000 points for a $50 phone coupon, and use the rest to buy airtime.
    -- You could redeem 11,000 points for a $100 phone coupon, and use the rest to buy airtime.

Airtime is redeemed at 100 points = $1. So if something costs $1, you can buy it by redeeming 100 points.

For example, there's a $15 monthly plan. So for 1,500 points, you can add this plan and get 500MB, 500 minutes, 500 texts and 1 month of service.

Or a 1GB data add-on is $10. So you can get 1GB data for 1,000 points. This is a data add-on and doesn't give you any service days. You'll already have 1 year of service on each of the Moto's, (along with 1.5GB data, 1500 minutes and 1500 texts) - the data add-on will add 1 GB to the 1.5GB you have.

Lots of possibilities! It's lots of fun to conjure up all the different ways in which the points can be used!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast