Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Difficulty getting Google Pixel phones onto TracFone

Feedback Score
    Pixel 7 series don't work (yet?) on Total by Verizon or other Tracfone brands. Exclamation mark next to the cell level.
    No problem activating Apple, Samsung or a Moto on those carriers.

Google doesn't know yet how to make a phone that works as a phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    Pixel 7 series don't work (yet?) on Total by Verizon or other Tracfone brands. Exclamation mark next to the cell level.
    No problem activating Apple, Samsung or a Moto on those carriers.

Google doesn't know yet how to make a phone that works as a phone.
    Some have had success activating the 7 on TF after enrolling in the Android Beta for Pixel program.

This also made Wi-Fi calling work on a 6a.

https://www.google.com/android/beta

Feedback Score
    With the Android beta several people (including myself) have Pixel 7 working on TracFone Verizon. Without the beta it worked on TracFone TMO (I never tried ATT, but assuming its on the whitelist I think it would work there). So not exactly sure where the blame is between Google and TracFone and Verizon here, but there seems to be a workaround for now.

Device(s)
    LG V35, V20, iPhone SE, Moto E4, Galaxy Go Prime, Galaxy J3 Sky
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    :/ I was considering getting a 6a at a very good price, but, it's sad to hear of Pixel headache and troubles. I'm gotten admittedly a lot less patient with age honestly and want the least trouble humanly possible. I used a 4a for a bit back in 2020 fine with a BYOP ATT TF sim, but I popped it out of my V35 and inserted it into the 4a.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trac*fone View Post
    According to Wikipedia, Foxconn. They seem to manufacture for lots of folks, including Apple.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using HoFo mobile app
    Foxconn in the news

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/25/tech/...hnk/index.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    Some have had success activating the 7 on TF after enrolling in the Android Beta for Pixel program.
    This also made Wi-Fi calling work on a 6a.
    Things that work out of the box for Motorola, Samsung or Apple.
    Like I said, Google doesn't seem to get how to make phones to work as... phones.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A51, Google Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score
    After reading through this topic, I have a couple of questions …

I have a new Pixel 6a, which I will be activating as a BYOP on TF/Verizon close to Christmas. It came with Android 13 already installed –nothing beta about Android 13 on this phone.

I want to do a transfer from a TracFone Samsung Galaxy A51 to this new phone. Are there any issues that you can see me encountering during the transfer?... WiFi calling isn’t a deal breaker for me, but do you think it should work given that my phone is already using Android 13?

As for the TF/Verizon BYOP SIM, I have a bunch of unused ones from 3-4 years ago. Will one of those SIMs work, or do I need to buy a new SIM?

TIA!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowyD View Post
    After reading through this topic, I have a couple of questions …

I have a new Pixel 6a, which I will be activating as a BYOP on TF/Verizon close to Christmas. It came with Android 13 already installed –nothing beta about Android 13 on this phone.

I want to do a transfer from a TracFone Samsung Galaxy A51 to this new phone. Are there any issues that you can see me encountering during the transfer?... WiFi calling isn’t a deal breaker for me, but do you think it should work given that my phone is already using Android 13?

As for the TF/Verizon BYOP SIM, I have a bunch of unused ones from 3-4 years ago. Will one of those SIMs work, or do I need to buy a new SIM?

TIA!

I activated a 6a (w/A13) as a new line on TF/V for the AAL and usually new lines come with working Wi-Fi calling.

The 6a didn't and I had to install (enroll in) the 13 beta to get it working.

https://www.google.com/android/beta

People have also done that to get the P7 activated (w/working WF calling).

Feedback Score
    just activated a pixel 7 for myself. confirmed that beta does make the phone work. i used the activate button on the website. selected existing phone, used a new byop verizon sim. worked perfect. now hoping to catch the stable release to get out of beta

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dealjumpr View Post
    just activated a pixel 7 for myself. confirmed that beta does make the phone work. i used the activate button on the website. selected existing phone, used a new byop verizon sim. worked perfect. now hoping to catch the stable release to get out of beta
    Was just waiting for more confirmation - thanks !! will try mine tomorrow.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    The Android 13 beta will become stable in December. So those with issues with the Pixel 7 should have their issues sorted out in a week or two.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charmedangelina View Post
    The Android 13 beta will become stable in December. So those with issues with the Pixel 7 should have their issues sorted out in a week or two.
    Have you seen something specifying that somewhere? The beta is a quarterly release, so it could be any of the next three releases in theory. I haven't looked though (thus why I'm asking if you know.)

Feedback Score
    I received my Pixel 7 Pro 2 days ago and to my dismay, it could not connect to the Verizon network. I'm on TracFone but as everyone should know this is a Verizon owned company and Tracfone uses the Verizon network. I have worked in telecommunications for 30+ years and I was on a team that wrote the software for call features (setup, forward, etc.). With this background I knew the problem was in the call provisioning. During this setup, the Verizon server communicates with the phone. This is called a handshake. Something was definitely wrong in the negotiation between phone and server and the problem was most likely on the phone side. Sure enough I called Google and was told that the 7 does not work on TracFone, StraigthTalk and Total Wireless. So much for having competent software testing in place. Anyway, reading through this forum and others online, I found that some have gotten the 7 to work by downloading the android beta. I'm not a fan of running beta software but had nothing to loose and and was ready to return the phone. To my surprise, after the android beta was installed (took a few hours), my 7 registered with Tracfone and everything works. So again, this shows a very poor software process on the Google side.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok I believe the stable release is dropping.. I'm downloading something... time to exit hopefully.

https://www.reddit.com/r/android_bet...now_available/

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 73
Size:  43.9 KB

Get out before the 12th I think.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast