Thread: Pure talk android wifi calling help

Feedback Score

Pure talk android wifi calling help

Has anyone had any android device work on pure talk using wifi calling? They tell me some devices work but cant tell me which ones. I know Iphone does but really dont want to switch from android. Another thing I noticed with a few androids on pure talk is the lack of VOLTE. Please let me know if you have a phone that works and what model. I have tried a samsung A71 flashed to ATT, A pixel 4a non 5g and a few others.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    According to https://prepaidcompare.net/profiles/pure-talkusa.html they are an ATT MVNO so any unlocked ATT branded android phone that supports VoLTE will work. Also newer Pixel phones.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessknight View Post
    According to ]they are an ATT MVNO so any unlocked ATT branded android phone that supports VoLTE will work. Also newer Pixel phones.
    yes its att mvno I have tried an att phone and it didnt work. I really want a first hand account of what is working for someone. Between puretalk and websites the information is all over the place.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ONEQUIKSS View Post
    yes its att mvno I have tried an att phone and it didnt work. I really want a first hand account of what is working for someone. Between puretalk and websites the information is all over the place.
    see this reddit thread - https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/..._wifi_calling/
    you need the carrier model for wifi calling to work.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Recent iPhone and Pixel and AT&T Prepaid phones SHOULD work with WiFi calling on any AT&T MVNO.

As a data point, my wife's Pixel 3a works with WiFi calling on the AT&T network.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    Did you try an ATT branded phone or flash a non-ATT model with an ATT firmware? It's hard to tell from your OP. Flashing a phone will not work as the imei still will not be in ATT's database

Feedback Score
    So I have not tried a true ATT branded phone. I have flashed a A-71 5g to ATT and that did NOT work. The phone works just no volte or wifi calling. I have tried a pixel 4a no go. I think you may be correct on the IMEI not being in the database. I wonder if I buy a unlocked pixel 6A that has the att sku on the bottom sticker it will work. Its another $100 more than regular phone thought.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    So I have not tried a true ATT branded phone. I have flashed a A-71 5g to ATT and that did NOT work. The phone works just no volte or wifi calling. I have tried a pixel 4a no go. I think you may be correct on the IMEI not being in the database. I wonder if I buy a unlocked pixel 6A that has the att sku on the bottom sticker it will work. Its another $100 more than regular phone thought.
    Here's a link to att's list of non-branded phones that have wifi calling

https://www.att.com/idpassets/images...TT-Network.pdf

Can't get more official then that.

Feedback Score
    so you think a regular unlocked 6a will work or will it have to be a ATT unlocked in order for wifi calling to work they do have different model numbers? The link is very helpful thank you.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    so you think a regular unlocked 6a will work or will it have to be a ATT unlocked in order for wifi calling to work they do have different model numbers? The link is very helpful thank you.
    I think if you get the exact model of 6a listed it would work. But you might have to put an att sim card in first and then check for updates to make sure you have the att carrier profile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessknight View Post
    I think if you get the exact model of 6a listed it would work. But you might have to put an att sim card in first and then check for updates to make sure you have the att carrier profile
    I think thats the direction I will head, Do you know if I have to have a activated att sim to download the newest carrier profile? Thanks Again

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    I think thats the direction I will head, Do you know if I have to have a activated att sim to download the newest carrier profile? Thanks Again
    Sorry, don't know. Never used a Pixel.