Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Verizon to consolidate Tracfone brands, Page Plus ceasing activation's

Feedback Score

It can't be the end of refills yet

[QUOTE=bobdevnul;17235446]...the rumor that dealers would not be able to activate or refill PP plans after about December 2022...

Whoa...that's the first time I heard the speculation that even REFILLS won't be accepted for PPC starting this month. Did you mean December of a different year? If not, that would mean most users will have balances come to 0 - permanently - over the next four months. Even those who apply an $80 refill on the last possible day, will see that run out one year from now, and no way to refill.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=kevi;17236859]
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    ...the rumor that dealers would not be able to activate or refill PP plans after about December 2022...

Whoa...that's the first time I heard the speculation that even REFILLS won't be accepted for PPC starting this month. Did you mean December of a different year? If not, that would mean most users will have balances come to 0 - permanently - over the next four months. Even those who apply an $80 refill on the last possible day, will see that run out one year from now, and no way to refill.
    Note that that was anticipated for "DEALERS" (don't know if it ever happened),
    Doing your business straight on the PP site is business as usual at least to 2024 right now.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    mmm this ia bad... what happens to lines that have large balances? just lose the whole thing? can't transfer to something else?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
    mmm this ia bad... what happens to lines that have large balances? just lose the whole thing? can't transfer to something else?
    Well last report is you have till 2024. Maybe they'll have some transfer deal to whatever TF company is still alive when the time comes. No one knows. I'd hang in there for now but if you have a super large cash balance you can always use it up changing to a monthly plan. The PagePlus demise was always in the wind for the past year since Verizon bought TF.

Device(s)
    HTC MyTouch 3G
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Well last report is you have till 2024. Maybe they'll have some transfer deal to whatever TF company is still alive when the time comes. No one knows. I'd hang in there for now but if you have a super large cash balance you can always use it up changing to a monthly plan. The PagePlus demise was always in the wind for the past year since Verizon bought TF.
    yeah, well still not a happy situation...
    Will there really be any TF left standing that might take up the balance? I've got about $350 tied up in PPC right now, no real way to spend it...

Are there any PayGo Verizon MVNOs left? If not, likely I'll move to H2O... (Tmobile won't work for me, unhappily).

Feedback Score
    Yes, we have a year before anything is expected to happen. I'm not going to worry about it until the last few months.

PP is one of the smallest Tracfone brands with 1 million subscribers vs 9.3 million for Straight Talk. It likely will not make business sense to Verizon to continue PP for long.

I seriously doubt that they will keep the $10/120 day paygo for long. That's great for us that provides us with the minimum we want, but what business sense does it make to Vz to run something that gets them $30 a year in sales. Assuming they make 5% profit on that, that is $1.50 a year.

Feedback Score
    yeah, well still not a happy situation...
    Will there really be any TF left standing that might take up the balance? I've got about $350 tied up in PPC right now, no real way to spend it...

Are there any PayGo Verizon MVNOs left? If not, likely I'll move to H2O... (Tmobile won't work for me, unhappily).
    We have no idea what kind of deals Vz will offer us to transition from PP to something else. I would count on it being more advantageous to Vz than us. I'm not going to get my panties in a wad about it.

You could change your PP to a monthly plan to burn off excess balance, but may not want to do that until we see what Vz offers.

I don't know of any other services with Vz paygo other than what Tracfone offers. You can get a year of Vz service with Tracfone bundles for ~$50 at HSN, QVC for as long as that lasts. That's how I get my TF service.

Feedback Score
    Or if you want to stick with Verizon check out US Mobile. No PayGo but under $10mo (after their fee and taxes) for some plans.
    I recently ported my landline to them on a new phone. I'm got their shared data plan with just that one phone now since it's my main line now and I wanted unlimited Talk (plan has U/T&T and 4mb $17.48) but I plan to eventually add my PP phone to it for another $9mo. I was paying Centurylink about $50 a month for my landline alone.

But the TF bundles @bobdevnul mentioned are likely your best deals for Vzw and low usage.

Device(s)
    i1000000
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel duh
    Feedback Score
    Thought I'd share, I was able to activate a new line on PP today

Feedback Score
    This morning the Pageplus website is down. I've never seen this happen before, so it looks like the corporate hatchet is falling without much grace or sense. Maybe the site will be back. I haven't received any emails from PP about anything.

FWIW
    Rufus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rlaggren View Post
    This morning the Pageplus website is down. I've never seen this happen before, so it looks like the corporate hatchet is falling without much grace or sense. Maybe the site will be back. I haven't received any emails from PP about anything.

FWIW
    Rufus
    Account site down for me too 1//23 at 1623EST.

The phone service is working.

[Edit] I tried the PP account site from a browser tab that I have had open for months. That did not work. When I tried opening a new tab with the same URL it did work as usual.
    Last edited by bobdevnul; 01-07-2023 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Update

Feedback Score
    1830 est was down. Popped up on first try but then locked up then down on second try. It's been down before over the years.
    Phones all work fine.
    They may be updating it to delete all the reference to 3G.

Feedback Score
    They may be updating it to delete all the reference to 3G.
    The site looks the same to me. They are still listing 3G PayGo plans. No reference to 5G service though...did they ever?

Feedback Score

Technical problems at Page Plus

I find the web portal is working as usual but when I called customer service about something, they said they are currently experiencing errors in their system. The 2nd tier support person I spoke with at Page Plus said they are waiting for Verizon techs to straighten things out. So for the last few days (at least) the problems have prevented them from doing much to finally get Visual Voicemail enabled on my account, instead of Basic voicemail. Even in the past, anytime they claimed that they correctly enabled the feature for me it still would not show up on my otherwise perfect iPhone SE (2016 edition). All I get are the infamous "garbled texts" (which I have noticed, when reading between the lines, happen to include the number of the caller who left me voicemail, as well as the time and the duration of their message). But no Visual Voicemail management screen has ever appeared when I tap the Voicemail button at the bottom of the Phone app's screen. It just shows a button for me to "Call Voicemail" (via *86, as usual). I called Apple, just in case, and they tell me only that there must be some problem at the carrier, not in my iPhone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    The site looks the same to me. They are still listing 3G PayGo plans. No reference to 5G service though...did they ever?
    Yeah last night I got in but the call records didn't work and couldn't log out without an error. All fine this morning.
    Yup, 3G's still there, must have been a different bug. Never noticed anything about 5G but I don't care about that at this point. It's not in my area anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast