Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2044 End Date

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

2044 End Date

I haven't the time nor inclination to dig out the post that alluded to my 2044 end date, but I called corporate today to ask about it just to set my own mind at ease.
    The lady I talked to seemed very knowledgable which I would hope most from that office are. She had me concerned for awhile, (20 minute call) as she would ask me to wait a couple minutes while she 'checked my history.' Did this several times, had me wondering about my checkered past with tracfone... After 4 or 5 'hold for 2 minutes' she came back to thank me for my 24 years of service with tracfone,( it certainly seems longer than that!) and to not be concerned with the ending date but to be sure to keep track of my remaining minutes.
    All in all, relief and satisfaction.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    anyone have an end date after 2044 or does gmannix have the forum record?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hapollo8 View Post
    anyone have an end date after 2044 or does gmannix have the forum record?
    He beats me by 8 years, but I know of someone on another forum with service past 2050.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    14 to 20+ yrs out? aren't any of you worried that TF gets sold off or consolidated in that time? Or do you all feel you've more than benefited from the referral points, profit from excess phones sold off etc, to not even care at this point if that happens?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've benefited a lot from the Rewards program. The line with service out to 203x is my backup line. It's OK with me if one day TF "reclaims" its windfall.

Feedback Score
    I think we have a 2028 because of triple days for life for a few years before they corrected the error on the family plans hehe,
    so we are 16 years behind

Feedback Score
    I'm confused, please excuse my ignorance.
    What specifically was it that you were concerned about?

Does the account not state an end date of 2044?

Feedback Score
    My main phone is out to 2039. This came from the glitch of years past that the days would double if you moved service from one phone to another.

I don't know if Tracfone will around by 2039 but I'll hang onto the line as it's pretty much free for me. Every couple of years I add some minutes, text or data, I don't use much.

I think Turk over at the other forum is out to 2100. He moved his service to a new phone and it tripled, I recall him telling.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLC View Post
    I'm confused, please excuse my ignorance.
    What specifically was it that you were concerned about?

Does the account not state an end date of 2044?
    There was some discussion in a post a few days ago about the danger of excessive totals because of the tracfone fraud department. Guilty until and unless you can otherwise. I must say it has been quite awhile since I've seen a post about someone having a related problem.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    There was some discussion in a post a few days ago about the danger of excessive totals because of the tracfone fraud department. Guilty until and unless you can otherwise. I must say it has been quite awhile since I've seen a post about someone having a related problem.
    Did you not remember that conversation warned you not to let TF CS see excessive airtime/end date... which is exactly what you did.
    How do you believe the fraud department learns who to investigate?

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    US Mobile, Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Im sure Verizon is gonna be very pleased you have a 2044 end date when they upgrade the system to make it 2044 seconds.
    Home Entertainment: Centurylink Fiber(Now Quantum Fiber) 500 Mbps Download/900 Mbps Upload Fiber service, Roku Ultra for Streaming.

Landline: N/A

Mobile Entertainment: US Mobile for Primary Service, Cricket Unlimited More for secondary phone.

Want to save money and join a Postpaid family plan? Try Circledin where you can get Post Paid service on AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon but for family plan pricing vs. full price. You get savings, carriers get Postpaid adds and everyone wins.

Device(s)
    motoGplay AT&T , Verizon
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Did you not remember that conversation warned you not to let TF CS see excessive airtime/end date... which is exactly what you did.
    How do you believe the fraud department learns who to investigate?
    Remains to be seen...stay tuned.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gmannix View Post
    Remains to be seen...stay tuned.
    Well, as long as you sweet-talked the female CSR, and your wife doesn`t find out, you're good to go.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicpdx17 View Post
    Im sure Verizon is gonna be very pleased you have a 2044 end date when they upgrade the system to make it 2044 seconds.
    Yeah, corporate can say anything now. I'm paid into 2029 but don't expect to see that. The website says "You can also stay on a plan that TracFone offered prior to being acquired by Verizon until at least November 23, 2024" which is a loophole a mile wide.

After that date they may announce new "improved" plans, all of which are month-to-month. Maybe out of goodwill they give people with lots of banked days a WHOLE YEAR of free service. Which will satisfy over 99% of their customers, and only piss off the few of us that they consider abusive deadbeats anyway.

Just my guess, no better than anyone else's.

Device(s)
    LG phones, Motorola, ZTE, occasional Alcatel
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/VZ
    Feedback Score
    If I have to do a month to month plan, I'll use a service like H20 or T-Mo based MVNO because their data works better where I live. Phone works ok on TF-VZ but messaging is sometimes slow.

It would seem to be smarter for VZ to allow choice in underlying providers like TF used to because they could aquire more customers who like TF choices but need underlying T-mo & AT&T towers.

Sent from my moto g(7) optimo maxx(XT1955DL) using HoFo mobile app

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast