Thread: Landline number port turnaround time?

Feedback Score

Landline number port turnaround time?

So here is the thing. I am asking for a friend who has an elderly mother that wants a flip phone. My plan is to initially sign her up with Safelink and once approved and the cell phone that has been sent is activated, initiate a port request to to the TCL My Flip and request a landline number port in.

Hope this does not sound confusing but want to know how long the turn around time for landline numbers is.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I haven’t ported a landline # in about 5 years now but they always take longer. At least several days. When WLNP first started it took a week or two to port a landline #. So.. not really an issue as long as you can plan ahead to be without the landline number or service for a few days to a week.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro (T-Mobile & AT&T); Galaxy Z Flip4 (Verizon)
    Mobile Broadband: Franklin T10 LTE hotspot (5GB for $8.50) / iPad mini 6 5G (unlimited 5G data)

Feedback Score
    3 years ago my landline number ported from Frontier to TF in less than 24 hr. I submitted the port through the TF website, which did state that a landline port could take 2-5 business days.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I know I did this about 6 years ago for my grandma. I did CenturyLink to Total Wireless. It took about a week to port over.

Feedback Score
    I did a port from a Verizon landline to TF/AT&T about six years ago and it took about three days. That was over a weekend when porting typically took a day or two longer.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that if you get a new number when first activating the flip, you may need to get a new sim card to then port the landline number to it. Some carriers, don't know about TF.

Feedback Score
    I just ported an AT&T landline to TF a couple of weeks ago. Entered all of the information to activate & port online on 9/21. Got a call from the TF porting department (don't remember exactly when but I think it was later that evening) saying that the port was approved and that it would be complete on 9/23 at 12:00am. I didn't test it during the night to see when it actually switched, but it was working on the morning of 9/23. I did a different landline a few years ago to a different carrier and it took 5 days or so, so I was pleasantly surprised by how fast TF got it done.