Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ios 16 no cellular data

Feedback Score

ios 16 no cellular data

Anyone else update to ios 16 and now get the message could not activate cellular data network?

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I suspect that the APN stored in the phone was changed during the update and needs to be reset. Nothing new and easily corrected. I believe there is a code you can text to your cellular provider that will send an automatic update to the phone.
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    Try text APN to 611611. I don't use iOS regularly but that might work.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    iOS 16 has a mobile data bug and assorted other issues. I'd suggest you downgrade back to ios 15.7 while you can. Wait a few weeks for reports before doing a major version upgrade.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/japanlife/c...6_mobile_data/

Maybe try a new SIM card as this thread suggested?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/TracFone/co...ing_to_ios_16/

Some iOS 16 Users Continue to Face Unaddressed Bugs and Battery Drain Two Weeks After Launch
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...e_unaddressed/

Feedback Score
    Some wise people I know never upgrade/update *anything* until the system/app tells them that they won't be able to use it without updating.

I really like that philosophy! (although I don't always follow it, and then I regret not following it.)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    Some wise people I know never upgrade/update *anything* until the system/app tells them that they won't be able to use it without updating.

I really like that philosophy! (although I don't always follow it, and then I regret not following it.)
    Word on Reddit is don't update until iOS 16.2 is released.

Feedback Score
    i have been in contact with tracfone customer service. i have tried everything. according to them it should be working. however by them trying to fix it i lost all of my data. so today i had to purchase data just to try and fix the could not activate cellular data network problem.

Feedback Score
    What phone is it, did you try to reset the network.

Feedback Score
    OP, you've probably tried all these things already, but just in case you haven't, this seems to be a recent write-up:

https://iphonearena.com/fix-cellular...ing-on-ios-16/

Best of luck, hope things get resolved.

Feedback Score

update

i just spent 45 on the phone with customer service. this person actually seemed to know what they were talking about. we basically tried everything. She updated everything on her end. however after 45 min the call disconnected. i still have no cellular data and tracfone never called back

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, iPhone 11, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by arakisdune View Post
    Anyone else update to ios 16 and now get the message could not activate cellular data network?
    I haven't had this problem with iOS 16. I have 2 iPhone SE 2022s and 1 iPhone SE 2020 on it.

Try to reset network settings.

Could be an APN issue. I had an iPhone that had no working data or voLTE that had TRACFONE.VZWENTP set as APN according to TF corp rep and once changed to VZWINTERNET on the reps end it was fine. Not sure if this is that issue but I mention it.

You can try calling the Tracfone corporate office at:

305 640-2000 x1029

or

800 626-4883 x3324

to see if they can help.

They are open 8am -11:45pm est 7 days a week and are open now. Ignore any "closed" message and enter extension when prompted.

Added: If you lost data meaning data was erased from your data bucket, in addition to data not working, they may be able to help with that too and restore back the data you lost.
    Last edited by tomseys; 10-02-2022 at 10:52 PM.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for this thread. I have been curious to upgrade to iOS 16 but have held off on upgrade my iPhone XR and my husbands iPhone 13 Mini.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Word on Reddit is don't update until iOS 16.2 is released.
    I used to subscribe to this philosophy, taking it a step further. I’d upgrade a year later when the next update was coming out. For the last few years I’ve been updating fairly quickly, given the number of security patches in each update. It’s a difficult decision.

Edit: my point being I used to be willing to wait for all of the bugs to be worked out to get new features, now I’m willing to get security updates while waiting for bugs to be worked out.

Feedback Score

another update

I believe it to be a sim card issue. when i took a sim card from a different iphone with ios 16 on tracfone and placed it in my phone there were no issues. So now i just have to get a new sim and hope it works. i will post another update if the new sim works or not

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Definitely not an iOS 16 issue. I updated to iOS 16 then 16.0.2, on more than one iPhone with no problems. Once back in the day I had a SIM that had the “could not activate cellular data network” issue and it was something on TracFone’s end, not the phone or APN settings. As usual they had no idea how to fix it.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro (T-Mobile & AT&T); Galaxy Z Flip4 (Verizon)
    Mobile Broadband: Franklin T10 LTE hotspot (5GB for $8.50) / iPad mini 6 5G (unlimited 5G data)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast