Thread: Boost hasn't been sprint for ages...

Feedback Score

Boost hasn't been sprint for ages...

it is NOW t-mobile if you got an orange sim, or at&t if you got a black SIM.

If you buy from https://my.boostmobile.com/ you will get an at&t sim one for sure. The ones at the other website are still t-mobile towers. Who knows what you will get in a store.

They now have this BoostOne app to let you get discounts on your bill by logging in and watching ads. It's a bit wonky at the moment, though.

Buying a discounted phone from the new website will lock you into 40$ autopay for a year. Otherwise you can pick a cheap plan. You can grind the boostone app somewhat to mitigate this, but expect it to glitch out a lot, at least on iOS 16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod77 View Post
    it is NOW t-mobile if you got an orange sim, or at&t if you got a black SIM.

If you buy from https://my.boostmobile.com/ you will get an at&t sim one for sure. The ones at the other website are still t-mobile towers. Who knows what you will get in a store.

They now have this BoostOne app to let you get discounts on your bill by logging in and watching ads. It's a bit wonky at the moment, though.

Buying a discounted phone from the new website will lock you into 40$ autopay for a year. Otherwise you can pick a cheap plan. You can grind the boostone app somewhat to mitigate this, but expect it to glitch out a lot, at least on iOS 16.
    actually in most cases if you by online or in a national retail(big box) you will get a white SIM(t-mobile but on new billing platform) but may get a black SIM(at&t) in some cases. in a dealer store on a brand new account for a new customer in most cases will be Black SIM(at&t) but starting very soon could be a white SIM(t-mobile new billing platform)

upgrades to legacy lines and added lines to existing legacy accounts in a dealer store you will get a Orange SIM which is t-mobile on legacy billing system and no BoostOne app. you may have mixed success asking for a legacy Orange SIM on a new account. Dealers are asked not to activate them on new accounts but there some advantages such as discounted upgrade after certain time frames and ability to remove and add other lines to family plans(on new billing system if you cancel one line all lines are cancelled - you can still port the numbers out though)

new billing platform(Black or White SIMs) you can freely swap the SIM between devices where as the IMEI of the phone must be registered on the legacy system and only previously tested and 'whitelisted' devices are able to be used. beware though that there are some protections in place to prevent promotion abuse the one i have seen the most involves attempting to use a device purchased for a port in promo online with a SIM that requires BYOD or full SRP device purchase such as the 1yr for $100 plan or some other heavily discounted rate plans. service will not work and no one at support is able to see why but i have been able to get confirmation it was related to the combination of plan and purchase price of the device.

a few months ago my.boostmobile.com was all the new billing platform and boostmobile.com was legacy. now its all a bit mixed up and more and more new billing platform stuff is on the legacy site.