Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Change from Red Pocket to US Mobile

Feedback Score

Change from Red Pocket to US Mobile

Red Pockets Data Re-prioritizing has gotten too bad for my use and I am looking to port over to US Mobile. Any feedback on their service and porting service?
    2021 Moto E-Red Pocket UT&T 5 gig Annual Ebay Plan ATT
    LG- Red Pocket $10 Month Plan ($99 ebay)ATT

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Service is great! Porting was very easy. Customer Service chat if very responsive. Look for other threads here about them.

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have my mom on a US Mobile plan, love it

When I can no longer get the $19.99, 90 day renewal from TF I'll be switching over to them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jonfone View Post
    Any feedback on their service and porting service?
    I really like it. They have a free 10 day trial. You can order a Free Starter Kit to get the trial here:

https://www.usmobile.com/get-started

Feedback Score
    I'm on US Mobile with a pooled plan (2 of us) and I'm happy. I trialed my phone then about a month later I ported us both in and it went smoothly. The app is fantastic. Reddit US Mobile group is informative with reps that are helpful. I'm paying half the price of my previous carrier. Sweet!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    I'm on US Mobile with a pooled plan (2 of us) and I'm happy. I trialed my phone then about a month later I ported us both in and it went smoothly. The app is fantastic. Reddit US Mobile group is informative with reps that are helpful. I'm paying half the price of my previous carrier. Sweet!

I'm getting ready to port my phones to US Mobile. I have an account already from when I tried them out before. Do I just do the add a line from my account page to activate and port and chose the pooled plan for the first line. Then later activate with port the other phones to the same pool from my account page? Thx

Feedback Score
    Yes, just like you described it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nnd_newbie View Post
    Yes, just like you described it.
    Thanks. I'm first going to port my landline since it's down again and Century Link flat refuses to upgrade the lines in my area.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'm getting ready to port my phones to US Mobile. I have an account already from when I tried them out before. Do I just do the add a line from my account page to activate and port and chose the pooled plan for the first line. Then later activate with port the other phones to the same pool from my account page? Thx
    I had US Mobile "clean" my Warp 5G Verizon SIM I used for my trial. I think only physical SIMs on Verizon are capable of this step so I didn't have to get a new physical SIM. Then I made a pool. Afterwards, I ported in my number and added it to the pool I made. Then I ported my husband in and added him to my pool.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mizwiz View Post
    I had US Mobile "clean" my Warp 5G Verizon SIM I used for my trial. I think only physical SIMs on Verizon are capable of this step so I didn't have to get a new physical SIM. Then I made a pool. Afterwards, I ported in my number and added it to the pool I made. Then I ported my husband in and added him to my pool.

How did you first make a pool before activating any phone for it ?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    <Tracfone < Boom < Selectel < Consumer Cellular,AT&T, H2O, Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Creating a Pool is a part of new account process, assuming one knows ahead of time that you want to have at least 1 line in a Pool.

I knew our family would have at least 2-3 lines , and maybe 4+, so I set up the account with a Pool & gave it a name. Easy.

Pretty sure you have to use Verizon service to establish a Pool. Only $ 0.48 tax per line in a pool. Also, if you have a 5G capable phone ,

you can get “Warp Speed”. Not sure if eSIM is required for this warp speed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek83 View Post
    Creating a Pool is a part of new account process, assuming one knows ahead of time that you want to have at least 1 line in a Pool.

I knew our family would have at least 2-3 lines , and maybe 4+, so I set up the account with a Pool & gave it a name. Easy.

Pretty sure you have to use Verizon service to establish a Pool. Only $ 0.48 tax per line in a pool. Also, if you have a 5G capable phone ,

you can get “Warp Speed”. Not sure if eSIM is required for this warp speed.
    Thanks, I chatted with them today. I already have an account and they said first create a pool from within my account, and THEN do the add a line from my account to activate and add the phone or phones to the pool. Usually you chose the plan while activating a line. With pooled, you first create the plan (pool) and can activate the lines for it later. I was hung up on creating a pool before I activate the phones to put in it.

Feedback Score
    I was pretty sure that's how I did it but you made me scratch my head and think about it. Lol

Device(s)
    iPhone XR, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, Verizon - Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    One thing I'm noticing about US Mobile is I seem to be using a bit more data.

I have an iPhone that I was using on TF and I rarely ever used over 200 mb a month.

The phone is still setup the same but now I'm using 300-400 mb a month.

Had to move up to the next data allotment

Feedback Score
    Look at apps under cellular to see which apps you can turn data off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast