Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can't activate eBay annual VZW SIM(1200min/1200text/3gb data) and it kept asking to buy a new plan

Feedback Score

can't activate eBay annual VZW SIM(1200min/1200text/3gb data) and it kept asking to buy a new plan

I bought another one of those Tracfone VZW SIM cards with 1200-minute, 1200-text and 3gb data from their eBay store. This is my 3rd or 4th one and the previous ones activated without a hitch.(even after they stopped shipping the SIM cards with the service plan cards)

Today, I tried to activate the latest one. On their website, I entered the SIM card number and my phone's IMEI number. The next screen asked me to either buy a new service plan or enter the service plan pin that I already purchased.

Since the SIM was shipped without a service plan card, I didn't have a PIN to enter.

I contacted Tracfone by phone and two different agents insisted that Tracfone didn't sell anything on eBay. The chat rep was unable to help and told me to call back.

What should I do before calling them back again? I bought the SIM card more than 35 days ago. Can I still file a dispute with eBay if nothing else works?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like you got a SIM that wasn't preloaded with the units and days. That had happened before to other forum members, seems to be more common with the SIMs for TF/Verizon. Most of those members had to request a refund from Ebay.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately you can't dispute with eBay after 30 days. It will be difficult to resolve because TracFone customer service is terrible enough but they consider eBay tracfone a separate company so you can only get support from them which means seller messages to eBay TracFone. They hopefully can make you whole there but that is the only way to reach them as far as I know.

Same thing happened with me on Amazon .. had to get refund from Amazon.

Feedback Score
    I thought eBay had a really long dispute time.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    A CSR should be able to see any airtime bundled onto the new SIM. Although they may not be able to see how much airtime.
    If you had a chat transcript of TF saying there is no airtime with the SIM might help you with e-Bay.
    How did you pay? Check there to see if they can help you. PayPal might help you out past 30 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Unfortunately you can't dispute with eBay after 30 days. It will be difficult to resolve because TracFone customer service is terrible enough but they consider eBay tracfone a separate company so you can only get support from them which means seller messages to eBay TracFone. They hopefully can make you whole there but that is the only way to reach them as far as I know.

Same thing happened with me on Amazon .. had to get refund from Amazon.
    Adding that the 30 day deadline may not apply as product not delivered as described. Not sure what the cutoff is.

Device(s)
    S22+/A51/A71 5G, Pixel 7/6a, Moto G7 Power/Z3 Play/One 5G Ace, iPhone SE3
    Carrier(s)
    H2O, TMO, Xfinity, PagePlus, TracFone
    Feedback Score
    I thought eBay's dispute window was 60 days.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mframe View Post
    I thought eBay's dispute window was 60 days.
    Here's the policy on buyer's requesting a return:

Action: The buyer requests a return

Time frame: 30 calendar days after the estimated or actual delivery date or within the seller's stated returns window, whichever is longer

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/e...policy?id=4210

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitflyer View Post
    Adding that the 30 day deadline may not apply as product not delivered as described. Not sure what the cutoff is.

yeah, I'm beyond the 30-day.

however, Tracfone's eBay store ended up giving me a full refund. so they deserve some praise for that.

I never did understand why they made this 1-year SIM with 1200/1200/3gb so complicated now. When they shipped the SIM with the service plan card, it was so simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post

I never did understand why they made this 1-year SIM with 1200/1200/3gb so complicated now. When they shipped the SIM with the service plan card, it was so simple.
    You may be mistaken. In my experience from the first time Tracfone started selling these SIM cards on eBay, there was no included service plan card, and the 1200/1200/3GB came already programmed onto the SIM card. Maybe I am misremembering. Somebody please correct me if so.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    These preloaded SIMs are intended to be used as new lines, creating more business; shipping them with a separate airtime card/PIN makes it too easy for people to use them to top up existing lines. At least we can still activate them with a transfer from an existing line and transfer back to the old phone if preferred.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lg800g user View Post
    You may be mistaken. In my experience from the first time Tracfone started selling these SIM cards on eBay, there was no included service plan card, and the 1200/1200/3GB came already programmed onto the SIM card. Maybe I am misremembering. Somebody please correct me if so.
    My first Tracfone SIM purchased from Tracfone eBay Store in November 2019 came with a separate PIN card (1200/1200/3GB for $37.xx) that I used on a locked Moto G Power 2020 ($47.88 from Amazon in October 2020).

Feedback Score
    They first started selling these in May 2019 & before end of year they moved to only preloaded - there have been issues with empty sims ever since.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyrh View Post
    They first started selling these in May 2019 & before end of year they moved to only preloaded - there have been issues with empty sims ever since.
    my 1st and 2nd SIMs from their eBay store came with the service plan cards(with scratch-off PIN)... they activated without any issues... I didn't even activate them until 6 to 9 months after purchase.

3rd one had no service plan card, but the SIM activated just fine and I saw the minutes/data right after activation.

4th one(the one I'm complaining about this week) wouldn't even activate. It wouldn't even let me go to the next screen unless I purchased a new plan. Tracfone customer service reps also saw nothing associated with the SIM. Wasted hours of my time trying to get them to resolve the issue. At least they gave me a full refund....(although, I'll believe it when I see it show up on my credit card acct)

5th one..(well... it'll be a long time before I buy anything else from them)

Device(s)
    Moto Z3 Play
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    i had the same issue and i was activating with a new line. I had to go through chat to get it actiavted and even then it was done different. My account shows it expires in 60 days and then a "reserve card" kicks in with a years worth of time. I called a few times and i get the same story every time, so I will just wait and see what happens in 60 days.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast