Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: can't activate eBay annual VZW SIM(1200min/1200text/3gb data) and it kept asking to buy a new plan

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbw View Post
    i had the same issue and i was activating with a new line. I had to go through chat to get it actiavted and even then it was done different. My account shows it expires in 60 days and then a "reserve card" kicks in with a years worth of time. I called a few times and i get the same story every time, so I will just wait and see what happens in 60 days.
    I talked to 3 Tracfone agents on the phone and also did two online chat sessions.

What scared me was that all 5 of them claimed that Tracfone would never sell anything(SIM or phones) on eBay. One of them transferred me to the "higher-up" agent who also claimed the same thing. Until I told her how to find the link to the Tracfone eBay store... but even then, she insisted that it was a 3rd party.(which, based on what I've read in this forum, really meant that it was a "secret" department within Tracfone )

Feedback Score
    I had the same issue with Best Buy.

I needed help with a Best Buy eBay order, and the CSRs had never heard of the Best Buy eBay Store.

Really stupid, since they were doing Black Friday deals there.

Also they had no record of my order anywhere within Best Buy.

Tried a number of CSRs.

Pretty sad.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Total by Verizon is even being sold now by the e-Bay Tracfone store, along with a few Total Wireless offerings. While TW phones are offered bundled with airtime TBV phones are not.
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn...rizon&_sacat=0

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I had the same issue with Best Buy.

I needed help with a Best Buy eBay order, and the CSRs had never heard of the Best Buy eBay Store.

Really stupid, since they were doing Black Friday deals there.

Also they had no record of my order anywhere within Best Buy.

Tried a number of CSRs.

Pretty sad.
    but at least Best Buy's ebay people are very responsive to customer inquiries. I buy stuff from Best Buy's eBay store a lot because they frequently have better deals than their own website or B&M store. When I have a question, they always reply within the same day, at the very latest.

Tracfone's people in charge of their eBay store rarely respond, unless you use the nuclear option and launch a full scale major complaint to eBay customer service.

Device(s)
    geothermal nuclear
    Carrier(s)
    aircraft
    Feedback Score
    Just attempted to do what OP did, but had success on first try.

To be clear. I am current TF (using a TF Verizon SIM) user and want to 'add' this new card to my current active TF number.

I bought a TF T-Mobile SIM card from eBay 2 days ago. $60 for T-Mobile or ATT. Was only $42 for Verizon, but bad reception for Verizon at my house

From tracfone.com... Everything looks like you are activating brand new phone... don't worry... it's all good:
    Click 'Activate' and 'Keep Your Own Phone'.
    Click 'I want to keep my number' and enter your current phone number.
    Prompted for phone number.
    They sent me a text verification to my phone number.
    Prompted for IMEI.

That was it. Got the standard 'wait until your current phone stops working then switch SIM cards and reboot phone.' Phone stopped working within 5 minutes and I was able to make test phone call and data is working as well. Bucket numbers already updated according to TF app and buckets were appending to, not overwritten. Activated for +1 year as well.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxpaboo View Post

To be clear. I am current TF (using a TF Verizon SIM) user and want to 'add' this new card to my current active TF number.

I bought a TF T-Mobile SIM card from eBay 2 days ago. $60 for T-Mobile or ATT. Was only $42 for Verizon, but bad reception for Verizon at my house

From tracfone.com... Everything looks like you are activating brand new phone... don't worry... it's all good:
    Prompted for IMEI.

That was it. Got the standard 'wait until your current phone stops working then switch SIM cards and reboot phone.' Phone stopped working within 5 minutes and I was able to make test phone call and data is working as well. Bucket numbers already updated according to TF app and buckets were appending to, not overwritten. Activated for +1 year as well.
    When prompted for an IMEI what IMEI did you use? In my experience you have to give an IMEI that's not active on Tracfone and not from a Tracfone branded phone when activating the eBay 1 year SIMs. But that's with TF Verizon SIMs, TF T-Mobile might be different.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Device(s)
    Pixel 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxpaboo View Post

Prompted for IMEI.

Same thing happened to me. I was going from an Verizon sim to AT&T sim. I was not prompted for the IMEI. It just activated as it normally would have back in the day.

Device(s)
    Pixel 7, 6a, 4a 5G, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, OnePlus Nord N10 5G, Moto One 5G Ace, Moto G Stylus 2021
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi, T-Mobile Data Plan, FreedomPop Walmart Free Plan, TracFone on Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    When prompted for an IMEI what IMEI did you use? In my experience you have to give an IMEI that's not active on Tracfone and not from a Tracfone branded phone when activating the eBay 1 year SIMs. But that's with TF Verizon SIMs, TF T-Mobile might be different.
    I was not prompted for the IMEI either.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeswap View Post
    2 days ago, I activated a new BYOP (Verizon) sim and got asked for IMEI. I provided IMEI that's linked to TF number (which was expiring the same day). After unlinking IMEI, they activated the SIM with the provided IMEI.

Feedback Score

can't activate eBay annual VZW SIM(1200min/1200text/3gb data) and it kept asking to buy a new plan

Quote Originally Posted by acegolfer View Post
    2 days ago, I activated a new BYOP (Verizon) sim and got asked for IMEI. I provided IMEI that's linked to TF number (which was expiring the same day). After unlinking IMEI, they activated the SIM with the provided IMEI.
    Was this one of those eBay SIMs?

Did you use the website for activation?

Trying to figure out if I need an inactive IMEI to activate these eBay SIMs. I have one, but would need a second SIM to transfer back to the original phone if the ban on SIM swapping is to be believed.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Trying to figure out if I need an inactive IMEI to activate these eBay SIMs. I have one, but would need a second SIM to transfer back to the original phone if the ban on SIM swapping is to be believed.
    Is the original phone TF-branded or a BYOP phone? If it's a TF-branded phone, you can use its original SIM which is paired to the original phone's IMEI. If it's a BYOP phone, then it's best to use a new BYOP SIM with that phone's IMEI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Is the original phone TF-branded or a BYOP phone? If it's a TF-branded phone, you can use its original SIM which is paired to the original phone's IMEI. If it's a BYOP phone, then it's best to use a new BYOP SIM with that phone's IMEI.
    The phone I want to extend is a BYOP iPhone. The phone with the free IMEI is TF branded. But how can you activate the eBay SIM with the original SIM of a TF-branded phone? I thought the 1yr 1200/1200/3gb balance was attached to the SIM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The phone I want to extend is a BYOP iPhone. The phone with the free IMEI is TF branded. But how can you activate the eBay SIM with the original SIM of a TF-branded phone? I thought the 1yr 1200/1200/3gb balance was attached to the SIM.
    You can't use the IMEI of a TF-branded phone to activate the ebay SIM. Your previous post said "Trying to figure out if I need an inactive IMEI to activate these eBay SIMs. I have one..." which made me think you have an inactive IMEI of a BYOP phone.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You can't use the IMEI of a TF-branded phone to activate the ebay SIM. Your previous post said "Trying to figure out if I need an inactive IMEI to activate these eBay SIMs. I have one..." which made me think you have an inactive IMEI of a BYOP phone.
    Even if the phone is now unlocked?

What if I first transfer the balance to the unlocked TF branded phone. Will that free up the IMEI of my iPhone? Then can I activate the eBay SIM with my now free IMEI?

I could also put iPhone on Tello for a week, if that would convince TF that they don't own that IMEI anymore.

Feedback Score
    What if I first transfer the balance to the unlocked TF branded phone. Will that free up the IMEI of my iPhone? Then can I activate the eBay SIM with my now free IMEI?
    In my opinion that should work and would be the better way. I once activated a Verizon BYOP SIM card on a TF phone (#1) and later transferred the same number to another TF phone (#2) that had its own paired SIM card. When I sent "FOUR" to 611611, it returned back the last four digits of the 1st phone's IMEI, not the 2nd phone's. That surprised me. Also activating the BYOP SIM card on the 1st phone apparently disrupted its paring with its own original SIM card. I found this out when I tried to transferred another phone number to the 1st phone on-line, thinking I could reused its own original paired SIM card, and got an "Invalid SIM card" message. I have one too many phones so I left it alone and found another phone to transfer the number to.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast