Thread: Verizon redefines no-contract wireless with Total by Verizon

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Verizon redefines no-contract wireless with Total by Verizon

“The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    The total page references international roaming with multiline plans, but I can't find any details on what exactly that means. It's also not clear if there's any priority data included.

Device(s)
    iPhone 13 Mini
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    More info...Name:  total-by-vz-embed-700x393.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  78.7 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade00 View Post
    The total page references international roaming with multiline plans, but I can't find any details on what exactly that means. It's also not clear if there's any priority data included.
    It's looks like no priority data. It would be mentioned like the postpaid plans as "50 GB premium network access,
    then unlimited data "

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by energyx View Post
    It's looks like no priority data. It would be mentioned like the postpaid plans as "50 GB premium network access,
    then unlimited data "
    Very likely true. I'm still interested in what they're offering for international roaming.

Feedback Score
    It’s the Verizon prepaid plans with minor changes.

The 5 and 15gb plans are 5.00 cheaper after the 10th month and auto pay.

On the total 60.00 plan, 20gb hot spot, but no unlimited ultra hot spot like in Verizon’s prepaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have the $25 1GB plan on Total Wireless. I don't see it listed on the new site. Hope it is grandfathered in since i have a couple of pins I have already purchased for the future.

I am reluctant to add them in reserve right now in case the website does not line them up correctly for future activation. Has anyone placed multiple pins in reserve after the website change? Thanks!
    Line 1 - Total Wireless Samsung Galaxy S20+ Unlocked
    Line 2 - Page Plus Samsung Galaxy S8 Unlocked

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
    I have the $25 1GB plan on Total Wireless. I don't see it listed on the new site. Hope it is grandfathered in since i have a couple of pins I have already purchased for the future.

I am reluctant to add them in reserve right now in case the website does not line them up correctly for future activation. Has anyone placed multiple pins in reserve after the website change? Thanks!
    I just went online and asked them about my existing plan. They stated that when existing will not renew. New plans must be selected. What a major PITA! And I will have to pay MORE now, for more data than I need. They don't have a 10G plan now. This SUCKS.

Device(s)
    Samsung Note 10+, Saumsung Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The two line $60 plan used to include much more data even though it was shared. An no discount for the second line? Seems like a downgrade from the Tracfone days.

Seems like Spectrum Mobile would be a better deal for two lines?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessie* View Post
    I just went online and asked them about my existing plan. They stated that when existing will not renew. New plans must be selected. What a major PITA! And I will have to pay MORE now, for more data than I need. They don't have a 10G plan now. This SUCKS.
    I've read that you should be grandfathered in until Nov. of 2024 as long as you keep your plan active. Here are some answers regarding Total Wireless plans on the new "Total By Verizon" website https://support.totalbyverizon.com/e...tal-by-verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dbear4nwa View Post
    I've read that you should be grandfathered in until Nov. of 2024 as long as you keep your plan active. Here are some answers regarding Total Wireless plans on the new "Total By Verizon" website https://support.totalbyverizon.com/e...tal-by-verizon
    All I can tell you is what the rep told me in the chat. If my plan does not renew, and I wind up without service, I guess I'll know he was telling the truth. I hope what the FAQ states is correct.

Device(s)
    HTC Imagio
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    dbear4nwa, Chessie, thanks for your responses. I will know for sure when I add one of $25 pins late next month! It will be a wrong PR move for Verizon to stop the legacy plans all of a sudden without any warning period.

I am sure there are several people who have purchased PINs for several months. I purchase two at a time and I just purchased earlier this week! Doubt if Verizon would leave people like us in the lurch.
    Last edited by bawaji; 09-23-2022 at 12:15 PM.

Feedback Score
    A side-note: I had stacked codes (from referrals), for my 4 line plan, until February 2023. Now they are gone, need to pay next month.
    I'll call the tech reps but I don't have too much hope...

Feedback Score
    Try texting " bal " to 611611 and see what it say. Mine said A card from your reserve will be added with a date of when my current plan expire.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SoNic67 View Post
    A side-note: I had stacked codes (from referrals), for my 4 line plan, until February 2023. Now they are gone, need to pay next month.
    I'll call the tech reps but I don't have too much hope...
    They reverted the stacked codes.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast