Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless Users Read This

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Likely in a couple years when the other brands phase out ATT and TMO, it will all be rolled into Total By Verizon.
    My thoughts exactly.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Title of the article says it all.

I'd say big changes are coming to all TracFone brands. Even though Verizon purchased TracFone they don't want to be associated with anything cheap. We all know TF has always been considered a cheap provider with low cost phones and plans. Verizon will definitely want to upscale that image with higher priced phones and plans.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ve...ys-11663190843

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I'd say big changes are coming to all TracFone brands.
    Verizon IT staff are probably working on TF web site right now with new plans.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Consider using your accumulated points for current airtime before only new airtime is available. It`s possible they will leave your built-up airtime alone and just wait for everyone's days to run out. Look for them to remove the $50 365-day add-on.

We would remain hidden, customers seeing only the new classy storefront.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    Consider using your accumulated points for current airtime before only new airtime is available.
    Good idea. I've been building points to get a Samsung A53 ($279.99) but I might redeem now to add more units to my wife's phone. I can use points due to mature in Nov & Dec to buy phones during the holiday season because they'll likely be cheaper.

Feedback Score
    Consider using your accumulated points for current airtime before only new airtime is available. It`s possible they will leave your built-up airtime alone and just wait for everyone's days to run out. Look for them to remove the $50 365-day add-on.

We would remain hidden, customers seeing only the new classy storefront.
    Name:  Screenshot 2022-09-21 at 23-26-12 Account Dashboard.png
Views: 99
Size:  16.3 KB

Yup. May even be too late.

=================

Sadly, Total has removed a number of ways to earn rewards (Spin, Story, [20], Clip [10]) leaving the total to be earned per month to Poll [100], Social [100] and Memory [10], or 220/month.

=================

Total seems to be allowing $35 10/Gb users to renew at the same price on a "Legacy" plan, at least at this point. That's nice.
    Last edited by choke; 09-23-2022 at 04:25 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, iPhone SE 2020, Samsung A51, Samsung A20
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    "The Applicants assert that the transaction will benefit underserved consumers by allowing Verizon and TracFone to better serve customers in the prepaid segment. The Applicants maintain that the transaction will deliver public interest benefits in the form of more choices, better service, and new features and devices, including 5G, to underserved communities and TracFone’s generally value-conscious customers" - FCC, Morandum Opinion and Order, 9/22/21

"Verizon is ‘not going to throw away money’ to woo consumers with cheaper phones. We want to have high-quality customers that really think about our value and [see] that we are creating value for our customers and for ourselves.” - Verizon Chief Executive Hans Vestberg, Goldman Sachs conference, 9/14/22

"For at least three years after the close of the transaction, Verizon will maintain TracFone’s existing MVNO agreements to serve customers outside Verizon’s network coverage (including Puerto Rico), and it will maintain existing TracFone rate plans for new and existing customers. During this period, in order to assist customers in the transition, Verizon will maintain an exclusive, toll-free customer service line; conduct outreach, advertise, and display all plans on a dedicated website" FCC 9/21.....

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    "The Applicants assert that the transaction will benefit underserved consumers by allowing Verizon and TracFone to better serve customers in the prepaid segment. The Applicants maintain that the transaction will deliver public interest benefits in the form of more choices, better service, and new features and devices, including 5G, to underserved communities and TracFone’s generally value-conscious customers" - FCC, Morandum Opinion and Order, 9/22/21

"Verizon is ‘not going to throw away money’ to woo consumers with cheaper phones. We want to have high-quality customers that really think about our value and [see] that we are creating value for our customers and for ourselves.” - Verizon Chief Executive Hans Vestberg, Goldman Sachs conference, 9/14/22

"For at least three years after the close of the transaction, Verizon will maintain TracFone’s existing MVNO agreements to serve customers outside Verizon’s network coverage (including Puerto Rico), and it will maintain existing TracFone rate plans for new and existing customers. During this period, in order to assist customers in the transition, Verizon will maintain an exclusive, toll-free customer service line; conduct outreach, advertise, and display all plans on a dedicated website" FCC 9/21.....
    Plain and simple fact is Verizon wants to expand 5G, sell high priced phones, bring in more high quality customers and pardon my french, to hell with the rest of us. If they wanted to help underserved 4G areas they would be upgrading service where it barely exist, which there not. There expanding 5G trying to sell the high priced plans that go with it.

Verizon will keep the timeline for Lifeline per the agreement, but when that expires it will be history. Its for low income people and they obviously don't t want to be associated with customers like that.

Did we expect anything different? I know I didn't. Verizon has yet to understand there is money to be made from TracFone customers, yet their trying hard as they can to drive us away.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Verizon will keep the timeline for Lifeline per the agreement, but when that expires it will be history. Its for low income people and they obviously don't t want to be associated with customers like that.
    The Lifeline service is a cash cow for TF with guaranteed long-term source of revenue. I doubt that Verizon will give it up. If they do, there are plenty of other Lifeline providers ready to take over their customers. Use this site to see Lifeline Providers in your area .

For my city (Topeka KS), there are 8 of them for wireless.

Name:  Lifeline-Providers-Topeka.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  38.7 KB

Feedback Score
    Plain and simple fact is Verizon wants to expand 5G, sell high priced phones, bring in more high quality customers and pardon my french, to hell with the rest of us. If they wanted to help underserved 4G areas they would be upgrading service where it barely exist, which there not. There expanding 5G trying to sell the high priced plans that go with it.

Did we expect anything different? I know I didn't. Verizon has yet to understand there is money to be made from TracFone customers, yet their trying hard as they can to drive us away.
    Well said. I've been saying the same thing in the Verizon forum even before the TF acquisition. But most of the folks in those forums are urbanites and it falls on deaf ears. This is Verizon's MO. Unfortunately most of these underserved areas are Verizon dominated areas even with the dying service, and neither T-Mobile or ATT will set a foot there. None of them seem to understand "Build it and they will come".

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    This was part of Skye`s posting at Turk Forums.
    https://bestmvno.com/total-by-verizo...rs-begin-10-1/

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Just wait for all those big spenders that Verizon is trying to attract get a sampling of TF CS.

Feedback Score
    This reminds me of when I was working at a department store. An executive assistant for some company was frantic/frightened because she had to buy candy dishes for an executive meeting, but the dishes had to be expensive cut glass crystal. Regular glass wouldn't do. For dadburn candy dishes. It's just an ego trip.

The same with these people who have to be seen with outrageous phone plans and phones.

I think the profit comes from people not even using their allowances.

There seems to be no honor in being a good steward of one's finances.

Feedback Score
    Just wait for all those big spenders that Verizon is trying to attract get a sampling of TF CS.
    Verizon did not have a good reputation with CS with their prepaid service either, and their dealer stores would do very little for you. You would expect even less with Total.

Feedback Score
    An ad by Total by Verizon that might make you puke and be fearful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhvu...needMobileTech

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast