Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless Users Read This

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score

Total Wireless Users Read This

Those using Total Wireless might want to check this article out.

https://bestmvno.com/total-wireless/...al-by-verizon/

Makes you wonder what Verizon has planned for the other TracFone brands.
    ~~Teresa ~~

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My last line with TW expired on 8/29/22. I'm done with them after all the troubles to earn 20K points for a $300 code.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    My last line with TW expired on 8/29/22. I'm done with them after all the troubles to earn 20K points for a $300 code.
    Thought I would share in case someone has points to redeem.

In true Verizon fashion, their raising prices and most likely doing away with any kind of Rewards.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the heads-up. My kids happily used a TW shared plan in the past, but both moved on a couple of years ago,

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If they are going to do this, my grandma will need to find another provider. She was OK with $25 plan because she does not use data at all.

She likes to have a card that you can get in a B&M store that is in town, but still is unlimited talk at least.

I set her up with Total Wireless about 6 years ago.

So I am going to have look around if they are going to get rid of the $25 plan.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    If they are going to do this, my grandma will need to find another provider. She was OK with $25 plan because she does not use data at all.

She likes to have a card that you can get in a B&M store that is in town, but still is unlimited talk at least.

I set her up with Total Wireless about 6 years ago.

So I am going to have look around if they are going to get rid of the $25 plan.
    Probably be a good idea. As with all things Verizon they seem to wait till the last minute to notify customers of changes.
    Probably think customers will just go with the flow instead of jumping ship.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    Probably be a good idea. As with all things Verizon they seem to wait till the last minute to notify customers of changes.
    And most all do stay.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just need to another Verizon based provider, but AT&T based could work tho.

I will need to look at Walmart, Target, and Dollar General again to see what cards they have since she mainly goes to these places mostly. Dollar General is in town tho. So that would be number one place tho.

Device(s)
    Motorola G4 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Thought I would share in case someone has points to redeem.

In true Verizon fashion, their raising prices and most likely doing away with any kind of Rewards.
    They are keeping the rewards.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    How much does she use her phone? The FREE Walmart Freedompop (uses T-mo) gives 300 minutes/1000 texts/100MB each month. No recurring charges. Add more top-ups if she needs it.

Name:  Freedompop-top-ups.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  40.4 KB

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    How much does she use her phone? The FREE Walmart Freedompop (uses T-mo) gives 300 minutes/1000 texts/100MB each month. No recurring charges. Add more top-ups if she needs it.
    She does use lots of minutes because she does talk to a friend of hers every day, and that could be random how long she talks to her.

It can range from a few minutes to about three hours in a day. It just depends on what they want to talk about, but the average is about an hour tho.

Then she is sometimes on hold with her doctors at times. These are sometimes 30 to 45 minutes total there, and this is sometimes 2 to 6 times in a month. Since COVID-19 started, these calls filled in the smaller visits that she used to have.

Right now, she has a billing issue with the one doctor from a visit from May, and she has never had an issue before this visit because she has been with this doctor for a number of years. She been working on this for about 6 hours already.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Thanks for the heads-up. My kids happily used a TW shared plan in the past, but both moved on a couple of years ago,
    You're welcome.

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    She does use lots of minutes because she does talk to a friend of hers every day, and that could be random how long she talks to her.

It can range from a few minutes to about three hours in a day. It just depends on what they want to talk about, but the average is about an hour tho.

Then she is sometimes on hold with her doctors at times. These are sometimes 30 to 45 minutes total there, and this is sometimes 2 to 6 times in a month. Since COVID-19 started, these calls filled in the smaller visits that she used to have.

Right now, she has a billing issue with the one doctor from a visit from May, and she has never had an issue before this visit because she has been with this doctor for a number of years. She been working on this for about 6 hours already.
    If T-Mobile coverage works for her, Tello has always been great for me - their dashboard is useful and works well to see usage and billing, and zero billing issues. Unlimited talk and text and zero data is a mere $8/month. Pair that with a referral from an existing customer and you’ll get enough “Tello Dollars” to cover an extra month of service. I trust them WAY more than TracFone, that’s for sure. They’ve been around for many years too. Apparently eSIM is coming soon too - makes sense with the new iPhone being eSIM-only.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro eSIM; Galaxy Z Flip4
    Secondary: TracFones: iPhone 13 Pro dual-SIM [AT&T] & iPhone 13 mini [Verizon]
    Mobile Broadband: Franklin T10 LTE hotspot (5GB for $8.50)

Feedback Score
    Total Wireless was a pretty good recent solution for me for better-priced mobile data than Tracfone offers. I signed up for the 10GB TW plan this summer before going on a 2 month road trip where I would have limited access to WiFi and a greater need for internet data than I normally do. It ended up costing me ~$74 for 20 total GB and 60 days on Total Wireless. That amount of data would have cost me $200 on my Tracfone phone line. Thankfully I got a clean number on TW, with no spam calls or texts.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    If T-Mobile coverage works for her, Tello has always been great for me - their dashboard is useful and works well to see usage and billing, and zero billing issues. Unlimited talk and text and zero data is a mere $8/month. Pair that with a referral from an existing customer and you’ll get enough “Tello Dollars” to cover an extra month of service. I trust them WAY more than TracFone, that’s for sure. They’ve been around for many years too. Apparently eSIM is coming soon too - makes sense with the new iPhone being eSIM-only.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    T-Mobile is basically useless right now in town. My friend has a T-Mobile based phone, and when he is at my grandma's and even my houses, he has no service or is roaming on US Cellular.

If you are near the edge of town to outside of town, you have great service.

Plus, I would need to find a good flip phone that has LTE band 71 because T-Mobile only installed band 71 in this area.

My grandma does not know how to used a touchscreen device, and only knows how to use flip phones.

I know that her LG Classic Flip is able to run on T-Mobile, but I am not sure how well tho.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast