Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless Users Read This

Feedback Score
    advcomp, is there a reason you're not considering Tracfone? I looked at TF plans just now, and there's this $15 plan that gives unlimited talk and text for $15.

It is a Smartphone plan, but from what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong here, because TF's plans still confuse me!), Smartphone plans *can* be used with flip phones.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    It is a Smartphone plan, but from what I understand (please correct me if I'm wrong here, because TF's plans still confuse me!), Smartphone plans *can* be used with flip phones.
    A smartphone plan can be used with any phone that uses the 3-bucket system, regardless of its physical form.

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    advcomp, is there a reason you're not considering Tracfone? I looked at TF plans just now, and there's this $15 plan that gives unlimited talk and text for $15.

I know about that plan, but when I originally switched her to Total Wireless, Tracfone did not have the unlimited plans.

Right now, if I switch her to that Tracfone plan, I am worried that Verizon might remove that plan now.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Does your grandma have a credit card?

She could use Hello using the T-Mobile network for $5/30 days for UT&T&500MB.

If she really can't use the T-Mobile network, she could use H2O using the AT&T network for $60/360 days ($5/30 days) for UT&T.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Does your grandma have a credit card?

She could use Hello using the T-Mobile network for $5/30 days for UT&T&500MB.

If she really can't use the T-Mobile network, she could use H2O using the AT&T network for $60/360 days ($5/30 days) for UT&T.
    She has a debit card that can be used as one, but she does not trust that many companies with it. She has heard too many companies has been hacked mainly.

So that is why she likes to have cards from a B&M retailer. It is so she can use cash.

Like I said in post #15, T-Mobile is useless for right now. I do not know if T-Mobile will be adding more towers in my area.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Prepaidcompare.net shows US Mobile on Verizon fits her needs.

Name:  Prepaird-Compare-Verizon-MVNOs.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  75.0 KB

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Prepaidcompare.net shows US Mobile on Verizon fits her needs.
    Unfortunately, I think US Mobile requires an online payment method, too, the same as the H2O (AT&T) $60/360 days ($5/30 days) plan I mentioned. Apparently, advcomp2019's grandma only wants to purchase refills in person at a store. Or maybe I'm wrong about how to get US Mobile refills?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Unfortunately, I think US Mobile requires an online payment method, too, the same as the H2O (AT&T) $60/360 days ($5/30 days) plan I mentioned. Apparently, advcomp2019's grandma only wants to purchase refills in person at a store.
    Surely there are annual plans with Verizon MVNOs (like Red Pocket/CDMA $180/360 days plan) that he can pay online for her once a year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    She likes to have a card that you can get in a B&M store that is in town, but still is unlimited talk at least.
    What local store were these cards available? Cards of all types have been hard to find around here since K-mart and Radio Shack went out. Dollar General is fairly new here, and their stores have a lousy selection of electronic things.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    What local store were these cards available? Cards of all types have been hard to find around here since K-mart and Radio Shack went out. Dollar General is fairly new here, and their stores have a lousy selection of electronic things.
    Right now, she has been getting her Total Wireless cards using Dollar General. Most of my Dollar Generals has a whole end cap with prepaid phones and phone cards. At a few of older Dollar General, they have them next to the cash registers.

Recently, they have printed the PIN on the receipt.

Beyond that, she would have to drive to Walmart or Target to get them.

Feedback Score
    I just woke up as I can't sleep and decided to check my FB notifications. I saw this in my notification window.

Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  10.8 KB

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Mint, Red Pocket
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    And $25 single line service plan becomes legacy $25. Not Sure about $35 single line plan legacy or not.

The available single line plans for new sign up are $30, $40, $50, and $60.

Feedback Score
    The website has the same logo look and site layout as an actual Verizon site and pretty much the same prepaid Verizon prices too.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    With the new plan changes at Total and TracFone I wonder if we will still be able to apply the $9.99 plan if we get it from eBay.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast