Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Total Wireless Users Read This

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    An ad by Total by Verizon that might make you puke and be fearful!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhvu...needMobileTech
    I could be wrong, but sounds to me like all TracFone brands are gonna be rolled into Total by Verizon sooner or later.

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by advcomp2019 View Post
    If they are going to do this, my grandma will need to find another provider. She was OK with $25 plan because she does not use data at all.
    If she just uses talk, Twigby uses the Verizon network and they have an unlimited talk and text plan (without data) for $10 (plus taxes and fees). I was just pointed to another Verizon MVNO, Movi, that charges $9.99 a month (without taxes or fees) for unlimited talk and text and 1 GB of data a month. I think Boz pointed me to this one. I've used Twigby for about five years -- I can't personally vouch for Mobi, but it sounds like a good deal.
    Pixel 3a on Tello — Alcatel Go Flip 3 on Tello — AGM M7 on Hello Mobile — iPhone SE on FreedomPop — TCL Flip 2 on Tracfone

Carrier(s)
    Twigby & Tello
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I could be wrong, but sounds to me like all TracFone brands are gonna be rolled into Total by Verizon sooner or later.
    Yeah, unfortunately. I guess that was to be expected, however.

Feedback Score
    If Verizon thinks they can eliminate all of the diversity of the Tracfone brands, they are stupid. If Tracfone PayGo goes away so do I after 20 years of continuous service.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Total (control) by Verizon! The control part being hush-hush.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Hello using the T-Mobile network for $5/30 days for UT&T&500MB.

Is there a forum sub thread discussion on this? Looking to do something with an older inactive but unlocked TF Moto E5 that I harvested the buckets from and may consider this or the $10 FP Walmart 300/100/100 as it may be good for another family member with low usage needs

EDIT:

Found a bunch thru google:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=site...ums.com+hello+

Any personal opinions on FP Walmart vs HM from the veterans here?
    Last edited by hapollo8; 10-01-2022 at 12:11 AM.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    If the FP free plan provides what you need, then there's no need to pay Hello.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I meant as far as gotchas or other things with taxes or CSRs or such aside from the straight up cost. Used to have 7 free FP lines and while other subscribers complained about mysterious charges and such, I never had such issues in the 5yrs I was with them. All potential charges were blocked with a Citi Virtual card on each line. Will probably do the same if I go that route.

will search some more within the forum to compare. No hurry as phone has been sitting in the drawer for 5-6 months now.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Yes, there were LOTS of reports of mysterious or unauthorized FP charges from a number of users over the years.

However, I've used FP continuously since 2016, including 4 FP global free plan SIM cards, 7 FP AT&T LTE free plan SIM cards, and 2 FP Sprint free plans, and I never had an issue, and I always just used regular CCs or PayPal as payment methods.

And the FP annual prepaid AT&T LTE 1GB/mo plans (grandfathered / purchased long ago) I still use don't require a CC at all.

As far as I've seen, there haven't even been ANY reports of billing shenanigans with the FP Walmart exclusive free plan.

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    Lmao, ain't no way my mom is going to pay $30 a month for service. I'm currently going to switch to Mint at the end of the year, guess my mom will have to switch from TracFone as well when Verizon merges TracFone with total.

Device(s)
    OnePlus 8T, Samsung Galaxy S22, Apple iPad Air 4th Gen (WiFi)
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint, Project Genesis (Dish), FreedomPop (AT&T)
    Feedback Score

Total Wireless Users Read This

Quote Originally Posted by charmedangelina View Post
    Lmao, ain't no way my mom is going to pay $30 a month for service. I'm currently going to switch to Mint at the end of the year, guess my mom will have to switch from TracFone as well when Verizon merges TracFone with total.
    I think it is more likely Verizon Prepaid will be folded into “total” or “Simple Mobile” rather than TracFone into any other brand. “TracFone” is still the most well known TFW brand outside of Straight Talk.

Now TracFone, along with Simple Mobile, is migrating people to Verizon SIMs, so that will probably move people to other MVNOs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My common forum nick: GenesisDH.

R.I.P. Circuit City

We are the Bor... the new AT&T: Your World, Assimilated.

1000th post: Sept. 29th, 2008, 17:42 CDT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Haas_Dave View Post
    I think it is more likely Verizon Prepaid will be folded into “total” or “Simple Mobile” rather than TracFone into any other brand. “TracFone” is still the most well known TFW brand outside of Straight Talk.
    The attempt to open retail stores for the Tracfone companies was named "Total Wireless" and not "Tracfone Wireless". I don't see Verizon having stand alone stores, but maybe kiosks within existing retailers. It will not be using the present Authorized Retailers, as they have never supported Verizon Prepaid. Many still need retail stores to guide them.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    I wonder how far back Verizon became serious about acquiring Tracfone and began influencing the direction that Tracfone has taken?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    I wonder how far back Verizon became serious about acquiring Tracfone and began influencing the direction that Tracfone has taken?
    Safe to say, it was already an idea in the works shortly after the new CEO-Hans Vestberg started back in 2018. Good read here:

https://www.fiercewireless.com/opera...ch-losing-subs

Particularly this paragraph:

Considering TracFone’s lower subscriber numbers and Verizon’s historically negative stance on prepaid, one has to wonder why Verizon is so intent on buying TracFone. Traditionally, Verizon has not only shied away from prepaid, it’s practically shunned it.

Like any acquisition, the hopeful owners think they can do a better job making the company profitable. And part of it has to do with the changing of the guard in Verizon’s leadership, said Bill Ho, principal at 556 Ventures. Both CEO Vestberg and Ronan Dunne, EVP and Group CEO of Verizon Consumer, started their careers in Europe, where operators led the prepaid industry.

Indeed, in talking about TracFone at an investor event last year, Dunne noted his experience in the U.K. market, where he was CEO of Telefónica UK (O2) before joining Verizon in 2016. The U.K. market was more than 70% prepaid when he first started in the business. Eventually, that swung to about 30% prepaid as consumers migrated to postpaid.
    As I posted in another thread, Verizon Postpaid has been plateauing for a few years and prepaid was a means to quick temporary growth.

But both CEOs were ousted or stepped down in 2016 for failing to turn around Ericsson or merging O2 , so remains to be seen if this Prepaid push will be a successful growth strategy either with 2 failed visionaries at the helm.

Only time will tell. But I suspect, when all is said and done, the old TF will be a fraction of what it once was after VZW is done with it

https://techcrunch.com/2016/07/25/ericsson-ceo/
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/...down-1.2723073
    Last edited by hapollo8; 10-05-2022 at 10:48 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hapollo8 View Post
    But I suspect, when all is said and done, the old TF will be a fraction of what it once was after VZW is done with it
    I think the key quote of what you cited is this:

"Dunne noted his experience in the U.K. market, where he was CEO of Telefónica UK (O2) before joining Verizon in 2016. The U.K. market was more than 70% prepaid when he first started in the business. Eventually, that swung to about 30% prepaid as consumers migrated to postpaid. "

Perhaps their plan is to make prepaid less attractive and get people off of prepaid to migrate them to postpaid as they did in the U.K.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast