Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Porting Number from PP to T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    Hey all

I think this is my last reply, as my PP number was ported over this afternoon. Looks like TM had a digit wrong with my phone number (my mistake or their mistake?). Also I think I may have given added the PIN onto my account number. Did get through to PP today and was told my account was not right (added the PIN when called them) and that the PIN I gave was correct and they did use port=out/transfer PINs. In any event everything looks good now and I very happy with my new service.

Wyophoneguy
    Well I'm lost. Please clarify without the mistakes made, just the final facts so we all know.

Account # for your byop was your imei ?
    You needed to get a special port out pin from them, not your regular account pin ?

Thx

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Well I'm lost.
    I'm lost too with this statement "and that the PIN I gave was correct and they did use port=out/transfer PINs". Was the port successful by using the account PIN or the Port PIN? If the Port PIN was used, was it obtained by texting NTP to 611611 or by getting it from a PP rep?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    Well I'm lost. Please clarify without the mistakes made, just the final facts so we all know.

Account # for your byop was your imei ?
    You needed to get a special port out pin from them, not your regular account pin ?

Thx
    Nope not port PIN, just the regular account pin. They told me they don't use a port/transfer PIN. Also the IMEI was the account number. Hope this helps to clear things up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    Nope not port PIN, just the regular account pin. They told me they don't use a port/transfer PIN. Also the IMEI was the account number. Hope this helps to clear things up.
    Thanks for clearing it up since in your prior post you said they told you "they did use port=out/transfer PINs".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2