Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Porting Number from PP to T-Mobile

Feedback Score

Porting Number from PP to T-Mobile

Hey all,

I am moving to T-Mobile from PP, as sone as I get my new phone from them (possibly next month). I would like to port in my current phone number and have been told that I need my account number and PIN code. Was hoping someone could tell me what my account number might be or least where to find it? Could it possibly be my phone number? I don't see anything on their website that shows an account number. Also I think I know what my PIN code might be, but what happens if I forget it? Is there a way to reset or recover it?

Thanks
    Wyophoneguy

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    You haven't got any reply, so I'll take a stab at it. The info below is based on how it works on Tracfone, a sister company of PP.

* Text the word FOUR to 611611. If it responds with a 4-digit number, that's the last 4 digits of your account number, which could be the phone's IMEI or the SIM number. If it's the IMEI, use the full 15 digits as account number. If it's the SIM number, try using the last 15 digits first; if that doesn't work, use the full 20 digits.

* Tracfone and Total Wireless now use a PORT PIN instead of the account PIN to port out. Text the word NTP (Network Port PIN) to 611611. If it sends back a 4-digit number, that's your Port PIN. The Port PIN is good for about 24 to 48 hrs. After that, you'll have to request a new one.

Please let me know the outcome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    You haven't got any reply, so I'll take a stab at it. The info below is based on how it works on Tracfone, a sister company of PP.
    I didn't reply since every time I think we got a straight answer for PP something else pops up.

I do know that texting FOUR doesn't work with PP, or it never has for me. And I'm fairly sure they don't use a PORT pin.
    It's usually the account number that never gets clear answers on. If I ever port I'll likely use chat to get all the ducks in a row first, but then again even CSRs have given different answers.

Wait and see if the OP reports back.

Feedback Score

* Text the word FOUR to 611611. If it responds with a 4-digit number, that's the last 4 digits of your account number, which could be the phone's IMEI or the SIM number. If it's the IMEI, use the full 15 digits as account number. If it's the SIM number, try using the last 15 digits first; if that doesn't work, use the full 20 digits.

* Tracfone and Total Wireless now use a PORT PIN instead of the account PIN to port out. Text the word NTP (Network Port PIN) to 611611. If it sends back a 4-digit number, that's your Port PIN. The Port PIN is good for about 24 to 48 hrs. After that, you'll have to request a new one.

Please let me know the outcome.
    Thanks for the reply

I did text 611611 and got the following reply "The last Four digits of your IMEI or BYOP Sim are 2191." This not make the my IMEI, so I am guessing it is the SIM card, but would need to take the case off my phone to confirm this. I will look into this after T-Mobile sends an email stating that my phone has shipped. Also I may do a chat with PP on Facebook or their website to see what they say.

Wyophoneguy

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply.

I think I will chat with PP after T-Mobile sends me an email showing that my new phone has been shipped. I too have found with a few deferent companies that I often get a different answer/reply depending on with CSR you are chatting with. This can be very frustrating to say the least.

Wyophoneguy

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wyophoneguy View Post
    This not make the my IMEI, so I am guessing it is the SIM card, but would need to take the case off my phone to confirm this.
    With most phones, you can find the SIM number in About Phone, under SIM number or ICCID. On my Samsung phones, it's listed in About Phone-->Status Information-->SIM card status-->ICCID. It's a 20-digit number.

Feedback Score
    Hey all,

I am just posting an update, as noticed that T-Mobile had charged my Visa debit card for the shipping and taxes on my new phone (there last email showed that I was not supposed to get my until 10/07-11/01). In any event after getting a shipping notice from UPS I called PP to get my account number and PIN number. I was surprised that I got right through, as I called last week about a problem with my cell data and was on hold for ever before being disconnected. The CSR did ask for PIN number and I told him that I might be wrong, but I thought it was 8*9* and he confirmed that was correct. He also confirmed that my account number was my IMEI. I am supposed to get my new phone tomorrow, so I will post an update after I attempt to port in my number and activate my phone.

Feedback Score
    Hey all,

I am just posting an update, as noticed that T-Mobile had charged my Visa debit card for the shipping and taxes on my new phone (there last email showed that I was not supposed to get my until 10/07-11/01). In any event after getting a shipping notice from UPS I called PP to get my account number and PIN number. I was surprised that I got right through, as I called last week about a problem with my cell data and was on hold for ever before being disconnected. The CSR did ask for PIN number and I told him that I might be wrong, but I thought it was 8*9* and he confirmed that was correct. He also confirmed that my account number was my IMEI. I am supposed to get my new phone tomorrow, so I will post an update after I attempt to port in my number and activate my phone.
    One thing you never answered...Is your iPhone X a BYOP or is it a TF company branded model ? We're still trying to zero in on the account number of a phone depending which it is. Thx

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    He also confirmed that my account number was my IMEI.
    So your account number is the IMEI, but it doesn't match the 4-digit number texted back in response to FOUR? Does it match the SIM number?

Feedback Score
    So your account number is the IMEI, but it doesn't match the 4-digit number texted back in response to FOUR? Does it match the SIM number?
    Texting FOUR with PP doesn't give correct results. Just tried it again on both my PP phones which have been with them a long time. The returned number doesn't match any imei or sim I've ever had.

I'd just like to have the OP confirm if it's like TF with the imei for branded phones and sim for BYOPs.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I'd just like to have the OP confirm if it's like TF with the imei for branded phones and sim for BYOPs.
    It's not like that with my BYOP phones on TF/Verizon. I was using my unlocked Pixel 4a with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM until 9/10/22 and texting FOUR got the 4a's IMEI. Transferred to an unlocked Samsung S22 with a new BYOP TF/Verizon SIM on 9/12/22 and now texting FOUR sends back the S22's IMEI.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    One thing you never answered...Is your iPhone X a BYOP or is it a TF company branded model ? We're still trying to zero in on the account number of a phone depending which it is. Thx
    All 3 phones I have used with PP were BYOP. The first being a phone from Verizon and last 2 being refurbished phones from Apple. I will post the results of my port-in in the few days. Wish me luck, as it sounds like PP does not always know it head from its a** or least their CSRs don't. As I have sated before if need be I will get a new number with TM if the port-in does not work.

Wyophoneguy

Feedback Score
    It's not like that with my BYOP phones on TF/Verizon. I was using my unlocked Pixel 4a with a BYOP TF/Verizon SIM until 9/10/22 and texting FOUR got the 4a's IMEI. Transferred to an unlocked Samsung S22 with a new BYOP TF/Verizon SIM on 9/12/22 and now texting FOUR sends back the S22's IMEI.
    Thanks. I thought that what I mentioned was how it was at one time. Maybe I had it back words or things are always in a state of flux. Either way, PP never sent me a last 4 that matches anything. I think there are other 611611 key words that don't work right on PP.

Feedback Score
    Hey all

Just another update. I just got my new phone and a new temp number with T-Mobile. After calling T-Mobile and being on hold for less then a few minutes I was asked for a PIN and account number. Looks like the account number (IMEI) is correct, but the PIN is no good. Was then put on hold again while they attempted to call PP and get the correct information. After being on hold for maybe 6 or 7 minutes I was told that PP would not release any information to then and that I needed to call. Also at the same time they were told that a port hold (block) was put on my account (phone #). I was told to call PP and if need be ask for a supervisor. I also called and spoke to a PP rep who told me that I had the correct PIN. I explained it was not and she tried to transfer me to another department tetra could help me and rather than being put on hold I was told that there were NO available service agents and to call back later. I will call again tomorrow to see if I can speak to someone that can give the right information. I just hope PP is not giving me the run around. Either way I will not have service with them even if it not porting my number.

So far I am happy with T-Moile and the fact it sounds like you speak to a US based agent. They also seem to know what they are telling you and are more than welling to go out of their way to help you. Now I just to look into as possible employer discount, as I work for Albertsons Cos Inc. Not sure if they offer this or not, but I thought it would be worth a shot.

Feedback Score
    Hey all

I think this is my last reply, as my PP number was ported over this afternoon. Looks like TM had a digit wrong with my phone number (my mistake or their mistake?). Also I think I may have given added the PIN onto my account number. Did get through to PP today and was told my account was not right (added the PIN when called them) and that the PIN I gave was correct and they did use port=out/transfer PINs. In any event everything looks good now and I very happy with my new service.

Wyophoneguy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast