Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help me understand device whitelisting in the 4G VoLTE era (Verizon vs ATT vs T-Mo)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    As I understand it Us Mobile's free trial is just that if you decide you don't like the service before 10 days you get a refund. It's not a special plan or activation. You can pick any plan and still need to pay upfront. So activation is no different.
    That's not the case. There's no payment upfront. I just did it. They give you the $35 unlimited plan with 30 GB of 5G data. You do have to take the account off of auto-pay so that you're not charged at the end of the 10 days and that will essentially cancel the service. Or you can change your plan to any other the other many plans they offer amd that goes into effect at the end of the trial.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    That's not the case. There's no payment upfront. I just did it. They give you the $35 unlimited plan with 30 GB of 5G data. You do have to take the account off of auto-pay so that you're not charged at the end of the 10 days and that will essentially cancel the service. Or you can change your plan to any other the other many plans they offer amd that goes into effect at the end of the trial.
    I was going by when I tried them several months ago. I got the free sim and when I activated it I chose and paid for the plan I wanted. No mention of it being the unlimited plan during the trial. Someone in another thread mentioned similar and that at the end of the trail they credit you back if you cancel. Maybe they changed things.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rpz1 View Post
    I was going by when I tried them several months ago. I got the free sim and when I activated it I chose and paid for the plan I wanted. No mention of it being the unlimited plan during the trial. Someone in another thread mentioned similar and that at the end of the trail they credit you back if you cancel. Maybe they changed things.
    That's good to know. It appears they did change things. Their website now says:

Experience nationwide coverage, cutting-edge 5G speeds, and more for free! Get your free Starter Kit or activate instantly with an eSIM today.

What you get in the trial
    10 days of unlimited talk, text, and data
    Warp 5G premium data on 5G devices

I did activate via an eSIM, but it doesn't seem to change the offer if one uses a physical SIM.

The free plan did show up as the $35 plan when I logged into my account. They are good about emailing you three days before the trial in to let you know to change or cancel before the plan renews at that rate.

The "Warp5G" is on the Verizon network. It has been much faster than the Verizon branded prepaid plan I also have. Verizon just clearly throttles down their prepaid plans.

Device(s)
    Galaxy Nexus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Serial Port View Post
    I am not discouraging anyone from contacting the FCC over this, but I am realistic about the odds of winning that fight which are slim to none. Until we can organize a PAC (Political Action Committee) with several $$ million in reserves there is little chance of making any changes.
    Since you had a problem with my previous post I will reword.

If enough people complain the FCC does take action. It's happened in the past with contracts and mandatory data plans. And it's starting to happen with robo calls. By telling people the odds of winning the fight "are slim to none" you are discouraging people from filing complainants thus making it hard to reach the numbers necessary to get the FCC to act. Really isn't that shilling for the phone companies?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3