Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TracFone claims I have no talk/text left on unlimited plan?

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    So far the Corporate number x-1029 has been helpful with the ACP. It seems their systems can't cope with the transition from a pre-paid plan to these ACP unlimited plans. Her paid 90 days goes until December, so I hope I don't have this much trouble all along.
    TZ

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tzais01 View Post
    It was showing 0 data left.
    How much Data does the phone show as USED? (if you want to dispute TF's claim that she used all of her Data).

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    How much Data does the phone show as USED? (if you want to dispute TF's claim that she used all of her Data).
    It doesn't show usage.Name:  Screenshot_20221004-201812.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  31.1 KBName:  Screenshot_20221004-201758.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  28.7 KB

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Also, how in the world can she have 1.95mb data when they just added 3gb? Is it possible they only added 3mb?
    Last edited by tzais01; 10-04-2022 at 08:49 PM.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't show usage.
    Have her look on her PHONE and see what data usage the phone shows. Different phones show Data Usage differently. Usually it's in Settings-->Mobile Network-->Data Usage.

TF claimed she used a lot of Data. But if her phone shows she hardly used any data, then TF Data bucket isn't right. It's analogous to TF claims you used up thousands of talk minutes last week but your phone's call log shows only a few short calls then TF Talk bucket isn't right.

Name:  Samsung-S22-Data-Usage-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  Samsung-S22-Data-Usage-2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  23.6 KB

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Have her look on her PHONE and see what data usage the phone shows. Different phones show Data Usage differently. Usually it's in Settings-->Mobile Network-->Data Usage.

TF claimed she used a lot of Data. But if her phone shows she hardly used any data, then TF Data bucket isn't right. It's analogous to TF claims you used up thousands of talk minutes last week but your phone's call log shows only a few short calls then TF Talk bucket isn't right.

Name:  Samsung-S22-Data-Usage-1.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  24.6 KB

Name:  Samsung-S22-Data-Usage-2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  23.6 KB
    Thanks, I forgot to look there for data. She's not good at navigating the phone, but she'll be visiting here soon, so I'll look at it then.

TF support insisted they just added 3GB data, so unless she stops receiving picture messages, it's probably ok. I have a feeling it's going to be a mess until that prepaid 90 card runs out in December. TF says they use the current plan first, then carryover, but it's clear they are using the carryover first.

Feedback Score
    So far the Corporate number x-1029 has been helpful with the ACP. It seems their systems can't cope with the transition from a pre-paid plan to these ACP unlimited plans. Her paid 90 days goes until December, so I hope I don't have this much trouble all along.
    Any update? The family member who I put on ACP should have renewed on 10/10, but there is no sign of a renewal and no additional data. I guess I need to call.

Device(s)
    TF Moto E 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    Any update? The family member who I put on ACP should have renewed on 10/10, but there is no sign of a renewal and no additional data. I guess I need to call.
    After she ran out of data again, I knew for sure they weren't using her unlimited plan with the 4G of data. I spoke with a rep at x-1029 who was hard to understand, so I didn't get the whole thing, but the result I see is that they totally wiped out the days left on her plan that I had renewed just before putting her on ACP. The balances all show 0 left, but she is receiving calls, texting, and pictures work so I know she has data. Also, her renewal date is out to mid-January, so I'm not sure where that came from. I have no idea what will happen then.

As long as her service is working fine, I won't worry until then.

Good luck with yours.

Feedback Score
    Talked to a rep at x1029, then a chat rep, then a call back from SafeLink, then a call back from ACP (though the automated system said Safelink for that one too). Everyone says she is on ACP, but doesn't know why it didn't renew. The final rep manually added 4GB which is showing in the carryover balance. This line has always been on an unlimited plan, but the ACP plan still doesn't seem to be synching right.

I might just look at switching her to the AT&T ACP plan. It gives an extra GB per month, and I'm guessing it would not have the renewal issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2