Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Referral rewards: if you suddenly stop getting points, is there hope of getting them again?

Feedback Score

Referral rewards: if you suddenly stop getting points, is there hope of getting them again?

I have always used one account for referrals. I have never exceeded 5 referrals in a month. In early July, I referred three lines, none of them for family members. For the first referral, I see the 12K pending in my account. For the next two, which were 2 or 3 days later, I see nothing, but the referred accounts have 8K pending. This was right around the time that my referral code changed -- not sure if it was after the first or after one of the other two. I'm hoping it was just a glitch related to the new code, but since it's Tracfone, not sure I can count on that.

My father-in-law is moving from Tello to Tracfone, using the ebay flip phone which should arrive tomorrow. I would like to refer his account, but don't want to waste a referral opportunity if I'm not going to get any points. I could get my daughter to refer him, but she has not done any referrals, so her referral will be the lowest level and the new lower points payout. Anyone had experience with referrals right after the referral code changed? I hate, hate, hate talking to Tracfone so have been reluctant to call about my missing points. If I do, would the agent be able to tell me if I've been cut off and why?

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    There were cases reported in this forum when the referee got the pending points but the referrer didn't. The referrer fought with TF, proved that the referee is a known friend/family member (by proving their email address, phone number) and got the referring points. Most of the time it's a system glitch, but sometimes TF disqualify a referral claiming that the referrer just posted his/her code openly and didn't know the referee. That's why I usually send an invitation email (via TF Reward site) to my referees before the sign up.

Feedback Score
    sucky situation for sure. it might be a temporary glitch that will sort itself out later on. it could be that it changed from a static code to "new code every referral" and you got stuck using the old code for those referrals somehow. i would see if the next referral works then go from there.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dealjumpr View Post
    it could be that it changed from a static code to "new code every referral" and you got stuck using the old code for those referrals somehow.
    If the code was changed and the referees used the old code, then the referee would get an "Invalid Code" message and not get any pending points. That happened when I gave out my (changing) code and the referee used it for more than one account.

Feedback Score
    I have had several referrals fail this way in the past year. The referred account gets the points but the referring doesn't. I've gone thru hours of fighting with corporate and usually eventually gotten the points.

I tried again this morning and it happened again. They've never given me any good reason why it's happening. Half the time they can't even see that the referred account got the points. The only thing I can think at this point is that something is corrupt on the account somehow.

Sent from my Z6530V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I opened a ticket yesterday and today my referring account has 8000 points manually added. The referred account also got 8000 points so I was expecting 12000 on the referring account as per the old rules which I've gotten before.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the responses. I thought the same thing about the invalid code message -- so if they have the points pending, my referral code must have changed after that. I guess I will gear myself up for a call. At this point, I will be happy with 8K each instead of zilch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cwshop View Post
    I opened a ticket yesterday and today my referring account has 8000 points manually added. The referred account also got 8000 points so I was expecting 12000 on the referring account as per the old rules which I've gotten before.

Tracfone just seems to make it up as they go along!

The old tiers for the referring acct were 5k/9k/12k. The new tiers are 5k/6k/7k. Nowhere is there an 8k award for the referring account.

Feedback Score
    Yeah at no point do they seem to know what they are doing. I'm torn between calling again to get my extra 4000 points vs saving some of my sanity and taking what I got.

Feedback Score
    Well, I just noticed that my referral code changed again, which I assume means somebody used my previous one on a new account. I gave it to a couple of people, but nobody confirmed that they had used it.

Sadly, no points are pending so I'm guessing I need to give up on referral rewards on this account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowLoris View Post
    Well, I just noticed that my referral code changed again, which I assume means somebody used my previous one on a new account. Sadly, no points are pending so I'm guessing I need to give up on referral rewards on this account.
    Did you by chance hit the max of 5 referrals in one month?

Feedback Score
    No, 3 in July. Then the code remained the same until this week, so I would say none in August and one in September.

Feedback Score
    My referral code changed too. No points to be found

Carrier(s)
    TracFone Verizon Network
    Feedback Score
    I referred my mom to the rewards program and see 5000 points pending so far. Hoping TracFone honors the points.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by charmedangelina View Post
    I referred my mom to the rewards program and see 5000 points pending so far. Hoping TracFone honors the points.
    Make sure to keep your account and her account/line(s) active for at least 61 days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast