Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast

Thread: TracFone TCL Flip 2 w/ 1year $19.99 on eBay

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Best thing is to go on eBay & buy a used LENOVO battery $12-$20 FS where the seller (with good ratings) guarantees it to be 70-80% of a new battery.
    That works too. Good ratings and a 30 day Return policy to boot.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To divert the discussion a bit. If I don't care about points. Can I wait 6mos, 1 yr or more to activate service?
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    People had reported that they had activated an HSN bundle more than a year after purchase and it still activated. The only problem is if for some reason the bundled time was not preloaded (as the case with some 1-yr preloaded SIM that TF sold on Ebay), then it's too late to file for a refund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    I remember someone at SD said he activated a bundled phone after a year. I once activated a phone (bundled with 1-year service from HSN) 6 months after purchase. The problem is if you waited too long and the service was not preloaded on the SIM, you can't get money back.

as posted here, I've activated a TF Ebay bundle 356 days after purchase and gotten the buckets and unlock with no issues but the remarks about buyer protection expiring is a good point. Not knowing if there was a hard 365 activation date, the timing after FP plan discontinuation was perfect.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...1#post17219361

In my case, I was still on Freedompop and with the impending discontinuation of their free plans then, I had the Moto E sitting on the shelf awaiting activation. Given I paid only $30 for the phone, the buckets and a free Wireless heaphones, I was ok with the loss of protection.

Considering some bundles are sold by HSN, it think it's harder for TF to track sale date than the ones they sell directly on Ebay and have a record of that phones IMEI

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Best thing is to go on eBay & buy a used LENOVO battery $12-$20 FS where the seller (with good ratings) guarantees it to be 70-80% of a new battery. The 3rd party batteries are a crap shoot. Typing on my ThinkPad with such a battery now. And I too have over 10yrs experience with Lenovo's. Many dozens of them used to fix them up & pass them on. And I respectfully disagree about usage, ime it's best to have them plugged as much as possible with a battery installed.
    I agree. And that’s what I’ve done. A used genuine Lenovo battery is better than a new knockoff.

The T series is remarkably easy to work on. I had a work issued T450 for years. Bought a few T series for home for family too. I got a used T450 with a bum speaker for $150 pre pandemic. $10 later and it was good as new. FHD screen and backlit KB was a nice bonus. I did replace the HDD with an SSD though.

To keep this on topic, I added two more of these flip phones to an account via chat at about 11:45p EST 9/30/22. They each got 10K points. I just need to activate them now. Looking forward to the points vesting and combining the service time. I still like these flip phones. Even more so because they work great on T-Mobile which is my primary provider.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Castrol EDGE 0W-20 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 13 Pro (T-Mobile & AT&T); Galaxy Z Flip4 (Verizon)
    Mobile Broadband: Franklin T10 LTE hotspot (5GB for $8.50) / iPad mini 6 5G (unlimited 5G data)

Feedback Score
    Thanks so much for your thoughts and ideas on my laptop battery problem!

I've decided to go with the wait-and-hope-for-the-best solution for now. (No surprise there, since it's the cheapest course of action! )

I've left the battery in the laptop, plugged in. I'm very excited that although it's still dead, the blink-rate of the battery-charging indicator has changed! I am taking that as a sign that *something* is changing, and maybe, just maybe, there will be a miracle and the battery will be revived!

Even if it isn't revived, I haven't lost anything. But if there's a miracle and it *is* revived, I just saved a princely (to me ) sum of $20. So win-win, either way!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post

I've decided to go with the wait-and-hope-for-the-best solution for now. (No surprise there, since it's the cheapest course of action! )
    Did you try changing the various software settings in the second link I provided above? what model # lenovo are we talking about? sometimes a known issue might have a firmware or bios update to address it. but as I said originally, i've always avoided keeping laptops, especially Lenovos always plugged in without going thru a charge cycle at least once a month or at a minimum a few times a year

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The usual chaos with TF. Missing package for a week, turned into a claim last night, turned into a Return to Sender a few hours later.
    Considering it was ordered from the same Ebay account with the same Paypal account address, as the other TCL from August; It's another WTH did TF do to the label?

Name:  UPS.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  39.5 KB

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    My order on Sept 20 still hasn't been shipped. Time to ask for a refund.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6233
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Time to ask for a refund.
    Just got my refund from Ebay MBG after uploading that same screenshot I posted above. Waiting for the next TF fiasco to come. They manage to annoy you one way or another.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score

30 day activation and can you re-add a device a 2nd time for 10k points if it wasn't activated?

Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    To keep this on topic, I added two more of these flip phones to an account via chat at about 11:45p EST 9/30/22. They each got 10K points. I just need to activate them now.
    I also added 2 of the flip phones for 20k pending points on 9/29, but only activated one of them so far on 9/30. From reading the comments here and the new "rules" I need to activate the other device within 30 days (10/29) to get the 10k points for that device? I wanted to wait in case I get a new tracfone at B fday or the holidays so I can add the remaining service time, mins, texts, etc to another phone rather than my current tracfone which I will add the 1st flip phone plan to after 61 days when the 10k new line points are posted.

Also, one other question, since the 10k new line promotion has been extended through the end of the year it looks like, since I haven't activated the 2nd device yet, could I remove it now and add it again towards the end of the year so the service time isn't used up in the meantime and will extend longer later on? I just don't know if since it's been added and the 10k points are pending if that's a one time deal, or if it could be "cancelled" or removed and done again as long as I haven't activated the device yet. Any and all info and assistance is much appreciated in advance.

Feedback Score
    Why take the risk at all? Recommend to activate the 2nd line within 30 days of adding it to your account, and do not remove/re-add/combine or make any changes before your 20K points become available.

The Season of Giving - Add-A-Line 10K promotion
    When you add a line, you will receive an additional 10K bonus points! Member must activate a new line and add it to their Account within 30 days of activation. For points to become available to use, new line must remain active for 60 days after adding it to account. (The points vest on day 61.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy8SD View Post
    Why take the risk at all? Recommend to activate the 2nd line within 30 days of adding it to your account, and do not remove/re-add/combine or make any changes before your 20K points become available.

The Season of Giving - Add-A-Line 10K promotion
    When you add a line, you will receive an additional 10K bonus points! Member must activate a new line and add it to their Account within 30 days of activation. For points to become available to use, new line must remain active for 60 days after adding it to account. (The points vest on day 61.)
    I wonder if you can "Activate the new line and add it to your account..." as they tell you to do and it will work now? Have you tried one this month?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pettyfogger View Post
    I wonder if you can "Activate the new line and add it to your account..." as they tell you to do and it will work now? Have you tried one this month?
    This is Tracfone. Nothing is guaranteed. They don't know what they say or do what is promised. My point is why give Tracfone any reason to take the points away? It has been mentioned many times, adding a new device for later activation works well. If you activate a line first before adding it to your account, you will not get AAL points automatically. You could try to fight with them to get the points though.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    All the smartphones I've added via chat have been the same. I asked for them to be added and activated, and I've also never failed to get the AAL points.

The last phone I added was a Flip 2, and it must have been a CSR trained by Crazy8SD, because they added the line, confirmed the AAL points, and then asked if I wanted to also activate it. Lol! I did go ahead and have the CSR activate it...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The last phone I added was a Flip 2, and it must have been a CSR trained by Crazy8SD, because they added the line, confirmed the AAL points, and then asked if I wanted to also activate it. Lol! I did go ahead and have the CSR activate it...
    LOL. I think there are many SDers who used my mini guide and read my constant reminders to add a device first. You'd think all TF chat agents should be familiar with the process now. Now I always ask the chat agent to add the device first, and I check my TF app for pending points. After I see the points pending, I ask the agent to add a 2nd device if I have one, or either ask the agent to activate it or I'll do it myself later in app (doing experiment: delay activations for a few days).

My first chat to add a new device/line failed! I didn't get the AAL points and somehow the agent messed it up (lines removed). I find it much easier and faster to add a device first, and less questions/errors from the chat agent.

Feedback Score
    When I add 1 phone I have to scurry to reload the page or app to check to see if it has the points before the rep. ask if there is anything else. But the times I added a 2nd phone, when I saw the points, they would add it and say to go check my account and they would wait.

Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 LastLast