Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suddenly a whole lot of existing Visible phones are incompatible

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Visible prepaid Verizon
    Feedback Score

Suddenly a whole lot of existing Visible phones are incompatible

There are widespread reports of this, myself included. My current Visible phone, Galaxy S8, shows as incompatible on Visible Web site, while Verizon's Web site says it's compatible. Visible's reps are saying I can't use my existing phone after Jan. 1. This is causing a whole lot of frustration in Visible land.

Feedback Score
    Verizon & Visible phone requirements are different. Simple as that I think.
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Huh. I would have guessed that the Visible compatible phone list would have grown by a LOT for the new plans, since they don't use the Visible Cloud Core.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Visible prepaid Verizon
    Feedback Score
    There are now reports that Visible is going to allow you to stick with old plan and old phone past January. If this is true, their reps are giving out false information.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb View Post
    Verizon & Visible phone requirements are different. Simple as that I think.
    No it's not. That may have been the case when they would using their cloud core. They are using Verizon's core now. So ZERO excuses as to why a phone that works on Verizon postpaid AND prepaid cannot work on Visible. NONE

Feedback Score
    I've been a reasonably happy Visible user but I can't move to the new plan because my Moto G Power 2020 is no longer compatible. Verizon's "bring your own phone" IMEI checker says it's a "perfect match". I'm moving to US Mobile, at least for a while.

Feedback Score
    I have a ZTE A7 Prime that was bought from Visible. It shows incompatible now from Visible app when using it to avtivate new Visible service.

Probably that's why they mark this phone as 'out of stock' on visible website.

If it's the case then this incompatible issue is a known one to Visible.

Since they haven't removed the ZTE A7 Prime listing from their website, I am hoping they will fix the issue very soon.
    Attachment 171975
    Last edited by Mobile1212; 08-23-2022 at 11:29 AM.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Visible prepaid Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hagar View Post
    They are using Verizon's core now. So ZERO excuses as to why a phone that works on Verizon postpaid AND prepaid cannot work on Visible. NONE
    I sure wish we could get to the bottom of Visible's incompatibility campaign!

Feedback Score
    No it's not. That may have been the case when they would using their cloud core. They are using Verizon's core now. So ZERO excuses as to why a phone that works on Verizon postpaid AND prepaid cannot work on Visible. NONE
    There usually aren't any logical reasons but seems various carriers on the same network always come up with them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry.user View Post
    I sure wish we could get to the bottom of Visible's incompatibility campaign!
    I wonder what would happen if you ordered a SIM and just put it in a phone that SHOULD work but they say doesn't.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    I wonder what would happen if you ordered a SIM and just put it in a phone that SHOULD work but they say doesn't.
    There's a decent chance it will work. There have been lots of past reports of people indicating that they have a compatible iPhone to get the SIM ordered, putting it into an Android that SHOULD be compatible, and having it work just fine.

Feedback Score
    I think maybe the reason people are getting an incompatible notification is that the phones are already activated on the VZW network. Am I wrong?

Feedback Score
    They do an IMEI compatibility check for Android phones before they allow you to order the SIM/service.

It used to be that you could order the SIM/service by telling them you have a compatible iPhone model. They did not check the IMEI for iPhones. Activating the SIM with the Vis app did not check to see if the phone was an allowed one. I don't know if they have closed this loophole.

I have taken my active Visible SIM from a once allowed phone and put it in an unlocked Tracfone branded Moto E6. It worked fine. Visible used to sell the Moto E6, but it is no longer considered allowed. Tracfone branded phone IMEIs do not pass the allowed check even if the phone model is otherwise allowed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdevnul View Post
    They do an IMEI compatibility check for Android phones before they allow you to order
    Tracfone branded phone IMEIs do not pass the allowed check even if the phone model is otherwise allowed.
    I wonder if that's because Verizon doesn't want their own Tracfone division to compete with their own Visible division.

This whole new development with Visible moving to the conventional Verizon network - I wonder how much of it was influenced by Verizon's Tracfone acquisition.

Feedback Score

Suddenly a whole lot of existing Visible phones are incompatible

We had an iPhone 13 Pro Max that could use a Visible eSim and an iPhone 13 that Visible said we needed a physical Sim.

Meanwhile, Redpocket Verizon SIM cards on eBay are not compatible at all. Only Red PocketGSMA and GSMT plans according to the eBay seller.

Seems to be some sort of purge going on of old SIM cards or something in preparation for more eSim.

All just speculation but maybe it’s as simple as the IMEI list at Visible is incorrect. If so they just need to get Verizon’s list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by tekfranz; 09-09-2022 at 11:15 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast