Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: What is quickest & least-expensive way to add a little more time Tracfone

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    3
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A52, Moto e4, old Nokia bar phone
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile & Tracfone/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0

    What is quickest & least-expensive way to add a little more time Tracfone

    Long story short, Tracfone has amnesia about a pre-loaded SIM I purchased (I'll detail in another thread).

    My current plan expires today and I need to add a little more time while I shop for an add-on that gives another year (or else service from another provider).

    What is the quickest and least expensive way to add a little more time to a Tracfone account?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,463
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    A $15 plan will add 30 days of service and 500 units to each bucket.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,463
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    You can buy it on TF web site or use the TF app.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,042
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by NavStar View Post
    What is the quickest and least expensive way to add a little more time to a Tracfone account?
    The least expensive would be $9.99 for 30 days - https://www.ebay.com/itm/284813673959 - email delivery.

    Someone please correct me if for some reason, this is not right or can't be added by OP.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    613
    Feedback Score
    0
    The 9.99 card can't be added to all phones.
    I was able to use one to activate a new phone and get it unlocked after 60 days.
    But tried it with an already active and was told not eligible for that phone.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    12,463
    Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    The 9.99 card can't be added to all phones.
    I was able to use one to activate a new phone and get it unlocked after 60 days.
    But tried it with an already active and was told not eligible for that phone.
    Yep. The $9.99 card is a Basic card and TF has tightened up the rule for using it with an active smartphone. When using it to activate a new phone, TF still allows it for all types of phones.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    1,042
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kc classic View Post
    The 9.99 card can't be added to all phones.
    I was able to use one to activate a new phone and get it unlocked after 60 days.
    But tried it with an already active and was told not eligible for that phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    Yep. The $9.99 card is a Basic card and TF has tightened up the rule for using it with an active smartphone. When using it to activate a new phone, TF still allows it for all types of phones.
    OMG, that's good to know.

    Have they done the same thing with the $19.99 90-day Basic card? Meaning, if I buy a $19.99 card from ebay, will TF prevent me from adding the card value to an active smartphone service?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    269
    Device(s)
    LG 5300
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    The least expensive would be $9.99 for 30 days - https://www.ebay.com/itm/284813673959 - email delivery.

    Someone please correct me if for some reason, this is not right or can't be added by OP.
    I just ordered one of the $9.99 plan cards on the ebay site, and even though it says e-mail delivery, they are shipping it to me with expected delivery date of 5 days from now.

Similar Threads

  1. Best (least expensive) way to add data
    By FT_VZW in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-31-2019, 12:50 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-06-2017, 01:27 AM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-13-2017, 04:37 PM
  4. Least expensive way to get a specific USC number
    By Terry851 in forum USCellular
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 05:47 PM
  5. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 11:51 AM

Bookmarks