Thread: H2O iPhone

Feedback Score

H2O iPhone

I see iPhone SE 3 on sale at H2O website. It needs a monthly plan. There is no detail available. Is the phone locked? How long does the monthly plan need to be maintained?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyrpt View Post
    I see iPhone SE 3 on sale at H2O website. It needs a monthly plan. There is no detail available. Is the phone locked? How long does the monthly plan need to be maintained?
    I don't know about H2O specifically, but typically, every phone sold by an MVNO is bound to be a locked phone.

Some carriers, like RedPocket, lock the phone for 12 months. I think it's 12 months for Boost too. I think Tello is 6 months. AT&TPrepaid is 6 months, Tracfone is 60 days, etc.

So H2O will be locked too, and will typically need service to be maintained for that duration of time before it can be unlocked too.

I saw some new yearly plans for H2O on the www.prepaidcompare.net site that looked quite attractive - if someone doesn't mind paying for a year's service upfront. Those could be used for the unlocking duration.
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    It is strange they don't mention on their website. Tried chat, no one responded even after hours.

Feedback Score
    It looks like H2O is still up to its old trick of putting the Terms and Conditions well into the shopping cart checkout process - after you've provided address and payment info. You'll have to step through that and cancel in the final steps if not agreeable.

You can see that to get the discount you must include the Unlimited XL with Hotspot ($60) or Maxed Out Unlimited + Hotspot ($70) on the choose plans page.