Thread: Is it possible for Tracfone and Straighttalk to activate a tablet?

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Is it possible for Tracfone and Straighttalk to activate a tablet?

Been thinking about getting an tablet a lot recently and I'm wondering if it's actually possible to activate a tablet regardless of its operating system and internal storage on a Tracfone and/or StraightTalk service.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Raykv423 View Post
    I'm wondering if it's actually possible to activate a tablet regardless of its operating system and internal storage on a Tracfone and/or StraightTalk service.
    Tracfone Terms and Conditions of Service say "Devices capable only of using data service are strictly prohibited and your use of any such device is grounds for immediate deactivation and termination of your Service without a refund".

Unless the tablet can make calls using cell service (not VoIP like Google Voice app), I don't think TF will allow it.

Feedback Score
    Been thinking about getting an tablet a lot recently and I'm wondering if it's actually possible to activate a tablet regardless of its operating system and internal storage on a Tracfone and/or StraightTalk service.
    straight talk does have tablet plans - https://www.straighttalk.com/plans/tablets

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexTrac

Hi Raykv423. We read your comment on this thread and we would like to address your concern. Actually yes, TracFone and Straight Talk can definitely activate tablets. You just have to purchase a BYOP SIM card and airtime bundle to completely activate your tablet.

For further assistance you can chat with us via this link https://www.tracfone.com/support/contact-us or call us at 1-800-867-7183. For your convenience, our representatives are available Monday-Sunday from 8:00 AM to 11:45 PM EST. You can also use our self-service menu by
    simply texting the word HELP to 611611.

Alex
    TracFone Wireless
    Apparently this Alex guy from TracFone sent me this....is he actually telling the truth or is he lying?

Feedback Score
    Go with a different service. Data plans are too expensive on TF. You can get a 1GB per month plan on Tello for $6. It gives you 1GB, 0 minutes and unlimited texts. Oh and that's $6 period since there's no tax on data. If you don't need a whole gig, $5 will get you 500MB. If you need more, the per gig cost goes down (2GB is $10, 5GB is $15). If you miss the rollover balance on TF, just manually renew a day early and your balance will rollover for 30 more days.

Oh, and you don't have to fuss with service days again!

Only catch is that Tello uses TMo, so you have to be happy with TMo coverage.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Apparently this Alex guy from TracFone sent me this....is he actually telling the truth or is he lying?
    Most of us think Alex is a bot, scanning for keywords in a post and then sending nonsense Private Messages.

Feedback Score
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet. I use a FreedomPop sim. I got 365 days of service for $60. That includes unlimited minutes, unlimited text and 1 gb data per month. I think I got the sim card on Ebay. That was several months ago.

Feedback Score
    It is interesting when Alex directly contradicts the terms on the website for data only devices. The IMEI check and sim swapping on Verizon being generally a bad idea makes it difficult to try. I have tmobile originally unlocked hotspots and tablets that may be I will try some day.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    For data only, I'm a pretty big fan of T-Mobile, at least for the 2GB plan for $10, which is what I use.

Prepaid gives access to the T-Mobile native network, free LTE roaming in Canada and Mexico, and unlimited throttled.

Postpaid gives access to the T-Mobile native network, free domestic roaming, free LTE roaming in Canada and Mexico, unlimited throttled, PLUS unlimited 256 Kbps worldwide.

http://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet • Prepaid Data Plans

http://t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans...ble-data-plans • Postpaid Data Plans

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2020
    Carrier(s)
    Metro by T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    For data only, I'm a pretty big fan of T-Mobile, at least for the 2GB plan for $10, which is what I use.

Prepaid gives access to the T-Mobile native network, free LTE roaming in Canada and Mexico, and unlimited throttled.

Postpaid gives access to the T-Mobile native network, free domestic roaming, free LTE roaming in Canada and Mexico, unlimited throttled, PLUS unlimited 256 Kbps worldwide.

http://prepaid.t-mobile.com/prepaid-internet • Prepaid Data Plans

http://t-mobile.com/cell-phone-plans...ble-data-plans • Postpaid Data Plans
    Quote Originally Posted by rchang View Post
    Go with a different service. Data plans are too expensive on TF. You can get a 1GB per month plan on Tello for $6. It gives you 1GB, 0 minutes and unlimited texts. Oh and that's $6 period since there's no tax on data. If you don't need a whole gig, $5 will get you 500MB. If you need more, the per gig cost goes down (2GB is $10, 5GB is $15). If you miss the rollover balance on TF, just manually renew a day early and your balance will rollover for 30 more days.

Oh, and you don't have to fuss with service days again!

Only catch is that Tello uses TMo, so you have to be happy with TMo coverage.
    Fortunately enough, T-Mobile actually have pretty great signal (my phone is on Metro by T-Mobile) from where I live in contrast to my previous ATT phone since there's hardly any service at all if you're using a phone from ATT which is pretty annoying. Fortunately, my mom and her boyfriend is on Metro so after I got a new phone brought by my mom's boyfriend couple months ago (I'm 18, have a disability, don't have a job, and I don't have a bank account and only got $13 in cash and lot of coins. Isn't life grand?), they put me in their plan and I really have no issues with that at all besides cell service acting strange and mom's boyfriend doesn't pay service on time until after service got temporarily disabled.

Also, $6 for 1GB and $15 for 15GB? Now that's something I'm actually considering. Genuine question though: does Tello have refill cards like Straighttalk and Tracfone?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    @Raykv423
    If you receive disability benefit or one of the other government assistance programs, check into Qlink Wireless or Assurance Wireless. They provide Lifeline service and use T-Mobile. With your Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) benefit, you get free unlimited talk, text, data (might be throttled).
    Last edited by hpham; 08-29-2022 at 08:35 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    This is what Assurance Wireless and Qlink Wireless show for customers with ACP benefits. The free phones that they give is hit-or-miss. The 1st phone that my daughter got from Assurance was a piece of junk. But when they upgraded from Sprint 3G to T-mo 4G, they gave her a refurbished Samsung S10+ in great condition. The "free" (actually $10.01) tablet that Qlink provides is a piece of junk, watch its review on YouTube.

Name:  Assurance-Wireless-Allowance-with-ACP.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  291.5 KB

Name:  Qlink-Wireless-Allowance-with-ACP.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  52.2 KB

Feedback Score

Also, $6 for 1GB and $15 for 15GB? Now that's something I'm actually considering. Genuine question though: does Tello have refill cards like Straighttalk and Tracfone?
    It's 5GB for $15, not 15GB.

On Tello, the plan renews monthly unless you tell them otherwise. If you renew manually early, then the balance rolls over. This is very easy to do with their app.