Thread: Update settings

Feedback Score

Update settings

I received a text from 611611 instructing me to update my settings to avoid service interruption. There is a link in the message to http://tf-w.co/enable VoLTE. Based on past experience with Tracfone I am not doing this at this time. Has anyone else received this message? I simply don’t trust Tracfone to know what they are doing. I see that my current setting has a network mode of LTE/CDMA. My settings would have last updated when I went through the switch to a TF Verizon sim fiasco a couple of months ago.

Device(s)
    Pixel 3 XL, iPhone SE, OnePlus Nord N200
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    I received a text from 611611 instructing me to update my settings to avoid service interruption. There is a link in the message to http://tf-w.co/enable VoLTE. Based on past experience with Tracfone I am not doing this at this time. Has anyone else received this message? I simply don’t trust Tracfone to know what they are doing. I see that my current setting has a network mode of LTE/CDMA. My settings would have last updated when I went through the switch to a TF Verizon sim fiasco a couple of months ago.
    I got the message awhile ago. The link goes to https://tfunbranded.devicebits.com/f...-volte-support which is just an article explaining how to enable VoLTE on iOS 13 and 14 and generic Android. The instructions reference menus and settings that don't exist on my Android 12 and iOS 15.6 devices.
    Find and compare prepaid plans at https://prepaidcompare.net

Feedback Score
    Yes wrap, thanks for letting me know the link goes to an article and not to something that will start messing with my phone. The article is very generic.

My phone is using APN TRACFONE VZWENTP and a network mode of LTE/CDMA.

Device(s)
    iPhone SE 2022, Samsung A53 5G, Pixel 6a, Samsung A51
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    What phone is that? TF/Verizon usually uses the VZWINTERNET apn.

Is mobile data working (with Wifi off) ?

If not, change APN to VZWINTERNET (not TRACFONE.VZWINTERNET, just VZWINTERNET by itself)

Feedback Score
    The phone is a Samsung S9. The sim is a sim that TF sent to me for the transfer from TF ATT to TF VZ. This transfer has not been a smooth, easy transition for me. I can change the apn setting if needed. Based on past experience I am extremely hesitant to contact TF customer service about this issue. My phone is currently working fine…calls, texts, and mobile data. That is why I am proceeding with such caution.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, if everything is working ok and you have mobile data working good (with wifi off) with an LTE signal/symbol and HD calling/good call quality, then maybe you are good.

Maybe these transfer sims are different I don't know. Usually that APN causes loss of voLTE/LTE with Tracfone/Verizon. That APN works with some Tracfone sister companies like Straight Talk I believe.

I don't blame you for being hesitant to contact TF support. I also try to avoid doing that if I can.

Feedback Score
    My concern is this could be a harbinger of an upcoming problem. In late May, my phone was shut down in order to push me to TF VZ. Hoping that is not the case this time.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well they've already moved you so I don't think they can do more in that direction. But then again it's TF anything can happen.

If you do start noticing any problems with mobile data and LTE, then maybe try the other apn.
    Last edited by tomseys; 08-05-2022 at 06:36 PM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tomseys View Post
    ...But then again it's TF anything can happen...
    QFT

10char
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23

Device(s)
    Galaxy J7 Sky Pro SM-S727VL, Galaxy J3 Sky SM-S230VL, ZTE Z723EL, ZTE Z233VL
    Carrier(s)
    Straight Talk, Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    What is the model of the Galaxy S9?

The reason is if you have the wrong firmware on the phone, the carrier might be misreading the phone.

Feedback Score
    The model number of my s9 is SM-G960U1

I hate to sound like a broken record, but these issues started with the switch from TF ATT to TF VZ. I don’t think my issue is phone hardware.

Device(s)
    Xperia X, iPhone 7, iPhone SE2, Galaxy A51, LG Classic Flip
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, Cricket, Tracfone (VZ), Tracfone (AT&T), FreedomPop (GSMT)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by happygrrl1 View Post
    The model number of my s9 is SM-G960U1

I hate to sound like a broken record, but these issues started with the switch from TF ATT to TF VZ. I don’t think my issue is phone hardware.
    Your phone might be compatible, but the firmware/software might not. Where did you buy the S9? Was it factory unlocked or bought from another carrier and then unlocked with code? You need go to Settings -> About phone -> Software Information and report back the CSC code for the firmware version it's currently running.

The flagship Samsung S/Note series are suppose to automatically switch their firmware based on the SIM inserted, but sometimes this doesn't happen. In order to get VoLTE working, it must have the correct firmware/profile for that carrier.

https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...3#post17212523

For your S9 SM-G960U1, it needs to be running firmware with CSC code XAA, VZW, or maybe TFN for it to work properly on Tracfone Verizon. You might need to manually flash it if it's not running the correct firmware.