Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: talk and surf

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE 2016
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, Mobi, Boom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Without knowing model of old phone, I don't know whether it too had 2 radios.

I didn't have a phone that supported 2 SIMS until the iPhones included it. And they only have the one radio. Maybe if it it was an international model (likely, with 2 SIM cards), local demand led it to have 2 modems. Or maybe software to switch between the SIMs rapidly so you could still get data, while letting the voice continue.
    When you talked about dual 3G I thought you were talking about an older 3G phone with dual SIMs, not limiting the current phone to 3G mode for both sims.

I've seen phones advertise in the past being dual sims, but only 1 could be LTE. And I've seen your current phone listed as dual standby in specification sites. Which would be what you are describing its usage. Maybe in 3G mode it can support voice and data on different sims by switching fast?

With VoLTE, and voice just being treated as IP data (with priority), the expense of putting additional radios in the phone is much reduced.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current phone I carry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    The 2nd sim is freeup which I make a few calls periodically to keep it alive (in addition to logging into site monthly).
    I have an old grandfathered FreeUp free plan.

I haven't logged into my account in a long time. Haven't made any calls either. The plan renews automatically every month.

(BTW, Thank you, FreeUP!) and knock on wood that it keeps going this way!
    You can activate new service on Tracfone and get $80 by using my referral code (you get 8,000 rewards points - that's $80 in service or brand new phone!) You'll also get great karma! Not supposed to post referral codes out on the forum so please PM me for code. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sillyette View Post
    I have an old grandfathered FreeUp free plan.

I haven't logged into my account in a long time. Haven't made any calls either. The plan renews automatically every month.

(BTW, Thank you, FreeUP!) and knock on wood that it keeps going this way!
    How about trying to use it to make sure it has actually been renewed?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2