Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone with Safelink getting emails about not using your phone?

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I don't want to separate from Safelink, I want to keep Lifeline service with Safelink. Problem is both Lifeline and ACP are with Safelink right now. When EBB became available I applied for that and then it changed to ACP without me having to do anything. Now I want to switch the ACP to Spectrum for internet, but not sure how to go about it without getting my Lifeline with Safelink screwed up. I mean after all, Safelink Lineline is now managed by Verizon so who knows what it will mess up if I try to move my ACP to Spectrum for internet and keep Lifeline with Safelink.
    There may not be a headache-free way out of your predicament. I bet others have gone through it or done nothing out of fear. You appear better prepared than most.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy A32 5G, Moto G Stylus 2021, Moto G Power 2020
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracfancier View Post
    There may not be a headache-free way out of your predicament. I bet others have gone through it or done nothing out of fear. You appear better prepared than most.
    I'm gonna ask Spectrum about it when I go pay my bill. I can get free 100 meg internet with ACP, definitely worth checking into. I'm paying $23 a month now for 30 meg.

Device(s)
    Samsung S22, Samsung A51, Pixel 4a
    Carrier(s)
    TF/Verizon, Walmart Freedompop, FreeUP AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NanaC View Post
    I'm gonna ask Spectrum about it when I go pay my bill. I can get free 100 meg internet with ACP, definitely worth checking into. I'm paying $23 a month now for 30 meg.
    The ACP benefit and the Lifeline benefits are two separate things. You can use you ACP benefit with Spectrum for Internet service. That will reduce your Lifeline service with Safelink down to a lower level with fixed monthly amount of minutes, text, data. My daughter has Lifeline service with Assurance Wireless and they keep trying to talk her into using her ACP benefit for unlimited talk/text and more data. But the standard 1000 minutes/unlimited texts/4.5GB per month are more than she needs. So she uses her ACP benefit for Internet service with Cox Cable instead.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hpham View Post
    The ACP benefit and the Lifeline benefits are two separate things. You can use you ACP benefit with Spectrum for Internet service. That will reduce your Lifeline service with Safelink down to a lower level with fixed monthly amount of minutes, text, data. My daughter has Lifeline service with Assurance Wireless and they keep trying to talk her into using her ACP benefit for unlimited talk/text and more data. But the standard 1000 minutes/unlimited texts/4.5GB per month are more than she needs. So she uses her ACP benefit for Internet service with Cox Cable instead.
    Thank you.
    I'm going to Spectrum probably tomorrow and see what I can do. Just hope my Safelink Lifeline doesn't get disconnected when I have ACP transferred to Spectrum since Safelink has my Lifeline and ACP combined.

Feedback Score
    No annoying emails for 5 days. Now my phone is unable to make or receive calls. Text and data work, but calls end immediately before I can answer or make a call. I've factory reset the phone. I've disabled the factory dialer and installed 3 different ones and it doesn't work. There are no updates for any of the apps. It's an Alcatel Raven LTE. If you have issues with your phone or service, you're asked to call them...

Feedback Score
    I can't be the only one getting constantly harassed by these emails? I've called them and I'm using the phone (finally got it to work again) and I still get this nonsense.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkyStuff View Post
    No annoying emails for 5 days. Now my phone is unable to make or receive calls. Text and data work, but calls end immediately before I can answer or make a call. I've factory reset the phone. I've disabled the factory dialer and installed 3 different ones and it doesn't work. There are no updates for any of the apps. It's an Alcatel Raven LTE. If you have issues with your phone or service, you're asked to call them...
    I got an Alcatel Raven from Safelink, and it was the worst smartphone I've had. Those were DL models, so will not run on Verizon. Get rid of it!

Device(s)
    Pixel 3a XL; Moto E4; LG Phoenix 2
    Carrier(s)
    Google Voice; T-Mobile Postpaid Mobile Data; FreedomPop; FreeUp; Dent; 3UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    I got an Alcatel Raven from Safelink, and it was the worst smartphone I've had. Those were DL models, so will not run on Verizon. Get rid of it!
    A DL model should work on Vzw, afaik.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    A DL model should work on Vzw, afaik.
    loboheeler surely was thinking BL. He is far too knowledgeable for it not to have been a simple mistype.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S21 5G
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    loboheeler surely was thinking BL.
    To paraphrase the legendary Leslie Nelson, "Yes I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."
    Just another day in paradise.....

Feedback Score
    loboheeler surely was thinking BL. He is far too knowledgeable for it not to have been a simple mistype.
    Yes, the Alcatel Raven was only offered as a BL.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Yes. Bad. Very bad. Terrible screen. Terrible battery life. Runs much slower than the specs list it having. I have an old Droid Incredible with 1/4 of the specs that runs better than the Alcatel does.

Feedback Score
    My comment here is not quite what the topic is about.

They finally shut down my T-Mobile based Safelink service when I was sleeping.

They have been harassing me for a while to switch to a Verizon SIM that they had sent to me a while ago.
    I tried to do it several times but kept getting an error.

I kept getting harassing text messages from them telling me that they were going to activate the Verizon Safelink SIM card at such and such a date.

I would text ONESTEP and get a reply saying that ONESTEP was not available at that time and to call the number.

I called repeatedly whenever I would get the text and the person on the other end of the call would try to activate the Verizon Safelink SIM and couldn't do it.

Last night I was on yet another call with their customer service representative and again they could not activate the SIM card and said yet again that I could stay on the T-Mobile Safelink service.

Today I wake up to no service and a text message from them telling me that they were going to switch me over blah blah blah.

So of course they had turned off my service.

Wonderful.

I called them from my deceased Mother's phone which my brother keeps going on his family plan.

Talked with one of their customer service representatives and lots of back and forth.

I was supposed to wait an hour for a call back which never happened.

I called them back and I finally was able to speak to someone who was able to get my service back and on a Verizon Tracfone SIM card that I bought a few days ago.
    No idea why the Verizon Safelink SIM card that they sent me well over a month ago would not work.

So I have my Safelink service back and it is on the Verizon network.
    Which I am NOT thrilled with but it is working now.

This last customer service representative was terrific and she knew what she was doing.
    Unlike every single other person who I talked with.

She got it done and didn't repeatedly tell me to buy a new phone like several of the other people tried to get me to do.

Sent from my Marvelous Moto G Stylus 2021

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowyWhite View Post
    My comment here is not quite what the topic is about.

They finally shut down my T-Mobile based Safelink service when I was sleeping.

They have been harassing me for a while to switch to a Verizon SIM that they had sent to me a while ago.
    I tried to do it several times but kept getting an error.

I kept getting harassing text messages from them telling me that they were going to activate the Verizon Safelink SIM card at such and such a date.

I would text ONESTEP and get a reply saying that ONESTEP was not available at that time and to call the number.

I called repeatedly whenever I would get the text and the person on the other end of the call would try to activate the Verizon Safelink SIM and couldn't do it.

Last night I was on yet another call with their customer service representative and again they could not activate the SIM card and said yet again that I could stay on the T-Mobile Safelink service.

Today I wake up to no service and a text message from them telling me that they were going to switch me over blah blah blah.

So of course they had turned off my service.

Wonderful.

I called them from my deceased Mother's phone which my brother keeps going on his family plan.

Talked with one of their customer service representatives and lots of back and forth.

I was supposed to wait an hour for a call back which never happened.

I called them back and I finally was able to speak to someone who was able to get my service back and on a Verizon Tracfone SIM card that I bought a few days ago.
    No idea why the Verizon Safelink SIM card that they sent me well over a month ago would not work.

So I have my Safelink service back and it is on the Verizon network.
    Which I am NOT thrilled with but it is working now.

This last customer service representative was terrific and she knew what she was doing.
    Unlike every single other person who I talked with.

She got it done and didn't repeatedly tell me to buy a new phone like several of the other people tried to get me to do.

Sent from my Marvelous Moto G Stylus 2021
    Well my story is very similar to yours, except mine is for a BYOP TF/AT&T sim on TracFone service. I too had got the text and message in my TF account telling me to switch to the new Verizon sim. I ordered the new sim and ONESTEP didn't work for me either. Tried to get through to TF CS without wasting all day, never happened. Kept getting texts same as you saying if I didn't switch to the new sim TF would do it for me. The last text said TF would switch to the new sim for me on Aug. 26th which was today and they did. I put the new Verizon sim in and it gets a signal, but no service. I went to my account and I see where it says to activate the sim. Tried that and it wouldn't work because I couldn't get a verification text on the old sim since it wasn't working. I checked my devices in my account to see if a phone I had bought with reward points had been automatically added, it was. I noticed while I was looking at the devices that the number for the test sim, the one TF deactivated to switch to the new sim had a different sim number than the one that TF sent me and it says service is active on it. Didn't have time to call so I was gonna try chat and wouldn't you know it wouldn't open on every browser I tried. I finally just gave up for today, I'll try again tomorrow.

You'd think if TF is gonna switch to a new sim for you they would at least send you the sim they activate, but no, that's asking too much. Just make us call to straighten out the mess they made by send us a new sim to begin with that didn't work.
    ~~Teresa ~~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2